Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship 2019

Matheus Salgado
Lu
Message added by Lu

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Lu

8 hours ago, Giorgio said:

How much time will the answer to the stage 5 take to come? Have you got any ideas? It had to arrive in a few weeks, but I’m not sure about that.

and what about the interview? Does everybody received the email about the interview? Is it compulsory for the final stage?

legend says the earliest would be 3 months before the semester starts. stay alert.

19 hours ago, Giorgio said:

How much time will the answer to the stage 5 take to come? Have you got any ideas? It had to arrive in a few weeks, but I’m not sure about that.

and what about the interview? Does everybody received the email about the interview? Is it compulsory for the final stage

The application says: Hanban will complete the scholarship review and publish the results three months before enrollment of the scholarship winners.

This means it could be from now on till mid June, we are all hoping it could be today or tomorrow but i guess the more realistic thing would be during June.

About the interview who wrote you?? It was the university you have chosen? And when did they told you to have the interview? From what i read interviews have been before reaching Stage4 , but if they asked you for a interview (Even if you are already in stage 4), would be good for you to do it, probably they wanna know a little bit more of every student they are accepting.

Not all university asks for interviews.

• New Members

Hi, does anyone know if there is any wechat group for us prospective applicants? Stuck in level 4 now and always nervous to check the cis website. Last year's forum had a lot of people who got pushed back from level 4 because hanban suddenly said the quota was full. Wondering how things will turn out this year. Haha

4 hours ago, jeha81 said:

Hi, does anyone know if there is any wechat group for us prospective applicants? Stuck in level 4 now and always nervous to check the cis website. Last year's forum had a lot of people who got pushed back from level 4 because hanban suddenly said the quota was full. Wondering how things will turn out this year. Haha

Now you scared us all :cry:

In the CIS webpage it says there are a lot of people applying so the chances wont be high. (If you go to the part where you chose the scholarship you want, click other one and then click back to 1 year it shows a pop up message saying that)

I joined a facebook group regarding CIS and thought I might share this to the forum as well.

I think we will get the result much faster this year compared to last year. Because on the application procedure in 2018 it is stated that the result will be announced at least 2 months before the intake and last year result was on 3rd July.

But this year, it is 3 months, so I was hoping we can know the result within 1-2 weeks. And I wish you all the best guys! Please kindly let us know if there's any update you got from Hanban or your local CI :)

EmperorTomatoKetchup

I finally received my HSK 3 certificate, I immediately sent a scan to my university (I applied via screenshot) but they told me that there's no need for it now. They'll ask for it if they do need it. Does anyone know if it has to be sent to Hanban? They should know my score of course, but since the procedure is so unclear I wanted to double check.

i joined that facebook group and now im more scared lol , theres some good insight in there, but at this point we cant do anything more than wait! Im also HSK3 and seeing so many people with HSK4 makes me feel im behind, maybe since i chose a university from tier3 city i will have more chances? idk, hope so!

Theres also a poll asking to what university you have applied so you can tell which are the more popular universities.

About the HSK certificate, no idea really! since the system at this point doesnt let you change anything. Maybe you can send a email to the university you chose telling them you have the scanned certificate, and how can you send it to hanban or something?

Aghhh im so anxious!!!

This group is so dull this year...i think. Last year was really active. Lol. 

Anyway, I heard the results for some scholarship types are out . Like the 4 week scholarship . How many of us here got that?

I hope there hasn't been issues with anyone's application too. I mean issues in stage 4

On 6/1/2019 at 5:05 AM, Defia said:

This group is so dull this year...i think. Last year was really active. Lol. 

Maybe less people applied? FB group also seems with less comments comparing last year.

Also by this time there was a lot of people being switched from Stage 4 to Stage 1 or 3, and lot of those students were writing about that. We are near to the release of results and this thing didnt happen (maybe it will, maybe it wont, or maybe it will happen everything at the same time).

Anyways, good look to everyone! My life is kind of paused since i dont know what i will be doing in the next months.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tuxon said:

Maybe less people applied? FB group also seems with less comments comparing last year.

I know what you mean Tuxon, the wait is really agonizing but the good thing is that we are all still at stage 4 which is kind of relieving. I hope this situation of stress will be over  this week  and we will get some good news.☺️

• New Members

Hello guys,

I applied for the one semester scholarship starting 09/19 on May 17 and I am still stuck at stage 2 推荐机构审核 while my recommending institute just told me that they already confirmed my application. Shouldn't it be automatic?

Should I wait a few more days or ask again to my recommending institute? Is there any way to check directly with Hanban whether they actually received the approval?

The recommending institute is not very familiar with me so I am afraid that they mistook me for someone else.

Thanks a lot for your helpful posts! Wish you the best of luck

Someone updated in the group that they messaged Hanban and Hanban replied that we might hear the result one week later (一周后) last time they replied within one week (一周内)I guess we have to prepare to wait for longer time

And by the way happy Eid Mubarak for everyone who celebrate it! May your wish is granted on this Eid ❤️

• Like 1