Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO DOES NOT HAVE THE STATUS CHANGED!!! OMG. Do they even tell us if we don't get the scholarship?

If I want to contact the university that I got accepted, do I write them in English or chinese? My chinese is poor.

@amvtop10 - If you got accepted by a university, then you can try contacting Hanban directly. After you log in (online application) there is an email there that is used for scholarship inquiries. There response has always been quite impressive through my experience (less than 24hours). Try to write in Chinese.

That said, your university already accepted you so there really is nothing for you to worry about.

@emstarrz - I'm a bit confused by something you said earlier. What did you mean by you were accepted to Nankai but cannot go because you didn't do the HSK? Did they tell you that you were accepted and then they changed their minds?

I think I'm the only one here who hasn't been accepted by any university. It's almost funny. :D

Hi amvtop10,

My status hasn't changed either.

It's still

申请进度:“接收院校审核中”- 录取

(意见:同意录取)

since May.

I contacted my teacher at the Confucius Institute which I applied through, and she said she hasn't heard anything (there are 2 other people applying through the same CI and my teacher can check everyone's status) and told me not to worry.

Another person at CI also told me that Hanban can be slow.

I applied to Nanjing Normal University (南京师范大学) and it appears that someone on this forum already received result from NNU so I'm freaking out, too.

I have no idea what is going on, but I'm expecting worst case scenario and already told my Chinese friend that even if I don't get a CI scholarship, I'll still continue my study to reach fluency in Chinese.

Do you think It a good idea to write in English? I don't think it a good idea for me to write in Chinese. I think I should be worry because its like 4 days pass the deadline of the results and there no update on my status. I think I am the only one here that did not make it to the final step.

@shuoshuo - When i logged onto the website it stated that I got accepted to Nankai, and so i contacted my CIS. I emailed her and told her of my acceptance, but she emailed me back saying that as I do not have a HSK certificate, i am unable to attend Nankai. She mentioned that I will have to wait for the next round, and will only be notified of my university allocation at the end of the month.

Seeing that most people have applied to both CIS and CSC, i am hoping that CIS has released their results (have they?) and people will be able to choose their preference soon, so that there will be plenty of available spots when they start allocating for next round...

@Aivivu - but your status says you have been accepted for the scholarship, doesn't it? You just have to wait for the admissions package.

@emstarrz - I'm not really sure what the 'next round' is. But the CIS results is supposed to be out (the website claims that the results should be announced by mid-June and successful applicants should receive their admissions package by early June). That's pretty scary because it means that our online status may not be what it actually is. Not a good idea to email in English. But perhaps anything is better than nothing?

The CSC usually announces their results by mid-July or even late July, but earlier for those who applied for through the EU window.

@shuoshuo - i emailed my CIS, not Hanban, and have been communicating in english throughout my whole application process so I do not think there is a language barrier there. I have received a CIS result for Nankai, but will be receiving another result by the end of the month... I am assuming that they have not had a chance to review all the applications and are still going through them? seeing as some people's online application have not yet been updated i am sure that there are some things that are still in progress. If i don't hear anything back by the end of the month, I'll start to worry. But between now and then i am sure that my CIS has taken care of it and will notify me once she hears of the results :)

Well i've applied for CIS scholarship for 1 year in language nd literature, nd my 2 preferred universities were BLCU nd Nanjing daxue.

My status is being changed to this today:-

申请进度:“奖学金资格评审中”- 授予奖学金

(意见:授予2013年孔子学院奖学金)2013年度获得全额奖学金。

接收院校:中南财经政法大学

can someone tell me here, whether i got scholarship or not? cuz its kinda difficult for me to read..

Regards

Hi everyone,

My status just updated today, June 19 at 7:36 AM Eastern Standard Time (New York).

(意见:符合孔子学院奖学金要求,授予奖学金。)2013年度获得全额奖学金。

I'm going to Nanjing Normal University.

I'm so happy and excited!

Last night I wrote an email in Chinese and almost sent it to Hanban. With my HSK 3 level, I was still proof-reading the email ha ha.

Just a recap for next year: For 2013, Hanban was supposed to announce the result on June 15. Some people got their result as early as June 12, and some got it as late as June 19 (like me).

This confirms that if the school accepts you, you're most certain to get a CIS. Yay!

Good luck everyone!

@AtkinG: yes, you got the scholarship

Your school is Zhongnan University of Economics and Laws (中南财经政法大学) in Hubei (湖北)

You can copy and paste your status into Google Translate if you don't read enough Chinese

It seems that BLCU and Nanjing Daxue did not pick you so Hanban relocated you to another school

My CI teacher told me that each school is allocated a CIS quota by Hanban

That's why on the application form, there's a box that asks "Can you accept the institutions suggested by Confucius Institute Headquarter?" (I also selected "yes")

If the quota at your first and second choice filled up and neither of them can take you, Hanban will look for a school whose quota is not full and put you there.

My teacher told me Nanjing Normal University's (my CI afflilate) quota is only 10 language students

The list from Xiamen University that I saw in the forum is huge (a lot more than 10 students) ha ha

• Like 1

I got it!!!! Finally!!!! But I am confused. Is this for 1 year or a semester?

(意见:符合孔子学院奖学金要求,授予奖学金。)2013年度获得全额奖学金。

It saids 2013 annual. Does that mean I am only going for a semester? And not going in 2014? I applied for a year

Compared to Xiamen, yes, 10 scholarship spots via the Confucius Institute / Hanban is indeed few

But there are many other scholarships, not just this one Confucius scholarship

NNU has about 1000 international students

At least a few hundreds are language students

I did not say anywhere that NNU has only 10 language students.

Where did you get that from?

@ATkinG - Yes, you got the scholarship for 1 year, at Zhongnan University in Wuhan. Congrats!

@Aivivu - Congrats!

@amvtop10 - I'm so happy for you, congratulations! :D

10 scholarship spots from CIS is a few, but these won't be the only students in the school. Many students are self-financed students, then there are many other scholarships including the CSC. Most universities have several Chinese classes for each level (beginner, intermediate and advanced) so don't worry, there will be plenty of foreign students to meet and greet. :)

I was doing some math about the number of scholarship spots per school

Hanban's website shows 133 host universities, http://cis.chinese.cn/node_5737.htm

and someone said here in the forum that there are about 1000 spots (for students from all countries in the world, excluding China)

so the math does average out to be about 10 spots per host university.

Of course there maybe schools which no one applies to though and some extremely popular schools like BLCU, Tsinghua, Nanjing Daxue

@shuoshuo: thank you!

Side note: I'm speculating that it's because my last name starts with a V (end of the alphabet) and my country name also starts with a V (end of the alphabet) that I got the result later than everyone else ha ha. It's just pure speculation though

@Aivivu Thnx alot dear for the brief informative note about scholarship. Hopefully we all will be in contact wid this forum :)

@shuoshuo Thnx alot dear for best wishes. btw in which university u got the scholarship?

@to all Anyone else got scholarship at Zhongnan? and anyone knows that when we gonna get the visa application forms at our addresses?

Kind Regards

@shuoshuo - Me too either, cuz according to other people's status, i think mine isn't confirmed yet, cuz in my application status, there isn't written that *I am qualified for merit list of Confucius Institute Scholarship*.. What to do, kindly review my status nd others acceptance status once again and let me know.

Regards

@ATkinG - But you pasted your status above, and it seems that you have received it. :) Don't worry, you already received it. So now all you have to do is wait for the admissions package.

Anyone here who have applied to both CSC and CIS? There is always the possibility of receiving neither or only one. But what if you are granted both scholarships, which one will you choose?