Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

• New Members

Awesome! Congrats to everyone whom has been recommended and accepted by their host University. I'm currently in the recommending phase. Waiting for confirmation from 厦门大学。

Good luck to all!

nice choice, looks like I am accepted. I work for my Universities CI and one of the teachers told me that my status meant I was accepted, although hanban hasn't confirmed totally he said they definitely will.

Going to Zhejiang uni

Good luck everyone

• New Members

If you are approved by the Host University and accepted/recommended, it is highly unlikely that Hanban will decline the scholarship to you. Don't take me for the full truth but it is very rare in which they decline a recommendation.

New Status: 申请进度:“接收院校审核中”- 录取

(意见:条件符合,同意预录取。)

Now on the Stage 3 of 3 --> Confirmation from Hanban!

Good luck to all! Anyone applying to Xiamen University?

For those who are applying to Xiamen University 厦门大学 as a language student (BlakeIsaacs1), just in case you didnt know, the language department is moving to the new campus next semester which is about an hour away from the main campus, and actually outside the island of Xiamen, kinda far from well, anything.

But congrats on the scholarship!

@AnaXing, Not sure, but it could happen, yes. In which case you can still attend the school, just with paying your own expenses.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I applied for both CSC & Confucius scholarships this year. I do not have a Confucius institute in my country so I don't know what my chances are for that one. I got my Chinese embassy to write a recommendation letter for the CIS, but that's pretty much it. In fact, the Chinese embassy here told me that it probably won't go my way on this one, hence why they have offered to help me apply for the CSC.

The current status of my CIS application:

申请进度:“接收院校审核中”- 调剂院校

(意见:已过第二志愿审核截止日期,转入调剂,管理员统一操作)

I don't exactly know what it means but it doesn't look too good. I have applied to 2 universities in Shanghai. Perhaps someone can help me shed some light on this status? Thanks.

Hi everyone, I've applied for Nanjing Normal University and have been accepted for the one-semester scholarship. Also just waiting on Hanban now for the final yay or nay. I was wondering if anyone had heard about staying on after the semester is over, and possibly extending the scholarship once I'm there ?

Cheers

Andy

andrewa5736a, many universities have a 'President's Scholarship' that they reward students with excellent grades. If you keep your grades up, you'll be eligible. There are also many other scholarships e.g. on a university level, citywide, provincial and government that you can apply to. So to answer your question: if you're unable to extend your scholarship you can always apply for another type of scholarship.

Although it kinda makes me wonder why you didn't consider applying for the year-long CI scholarship instead of the 1-semester program.

Confucius institute in al-Azhar university Indonesia reject my application because I haven't done my HSKK, I thought that HSK level 4 with score 285 can be accepted although I haven't done my HSKK :( so sad, so I need to wait next year to do HSKK and re-apply my application

Did you guys all have done with both HSK and HSKK?

Because start from 2013 application you are require to take both HSK and HSKK

@bethannyputri - I did the old HSK. The CI told me that if I have a recommendation letter from my country's Chinese embassy they will consider my application. So I attached my old HSK certificate with my recommendation letter and sent it. I do not know if that will suffice. But I have applied for the CSC scholarship as well so I'm hoping that I get lucky enough to be granted at least one.

I don't have any HSK certificates. I am an undergraduate student of Chinese and my tutor gave me a letter to confirm my studies. I have been accepted by Xi'an Jiao Tong university and have been told by my Confucius institute that I have got it.

@bethannyputri

LOL, this new requirement with the HSKK is ridiculous, considering that the HSKK is relatively new and not that widespread. Haven't you applied for the CSC scholarship?

@shuoshuo @zhangkairong

here's the detail of rejected application via cis.chinese

申请进度:“推荐机构择优确认中”- 驳回

(意见:请按2013年孔子学院奖学金招生办法提交材料,了解详情,请登陆cis.chinese.cn)

接收院校:浙江大学

i asked zhejiang uni about this and they said that they can't be my host institute and the ask about my HSKK result

when i asked confucius institute at jakarta, indonesia they said that i need to take HSKK because that is one of mandatory requirement.

btw, i also applied for CSC via chinese embassy in jakarta, indonesia

still waiting for result to come in early august ( as the embassy's representative said )

for this i applied for 1 academic year advance chinese in zhejiang university

the uni also give me pre-admission letter to be sent along other documents to embassy

@bethannyputri - sorry to hear that. My status changed again today, it is asking my first choice university to reconsider/review. Although my first choice has a very limited quota which I am guessing they already filled. That said, what about other universities? If your choice insitutions reject your application, can't other institutions consider it?

I'm already guessing that I will not be accepted for the CIS. After submitting my application online, I contacted both my 1st and 2nd choices via email and they completely ignored me.

@bethannyputri: yeah, I saw this year's scholarship requirements, and the HSKK is included. As I said before, ridiculous... Don't be upset, I guess you have some chance to get the CSC scholarship, which is way better than the crappy CIS (more money!).

@shuoshuo: It depends on what basis did your first choice university reject you. If they had rejected you due to quota issues, there should be no problem, the second choice university can still enroll you. However, if they rejected you due to requirements problems like bethannyputri's case, the second choice university will also reject you, because this "incomplete application materials" notification is in your status...

Did you write your e-mail to your chosen universities in English or in Chinese? If you sent it in English, than you shouldn't be surprised that they ignore you... Try it in Chinese.

• Like 1

@ZhangKaiRong - thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it. I did the HSK several years ago and before I applied, I emailed CI asking them if my certificate's still valid. They told me that HSK certificates are invalid after 2 years...and mine is no longer valid. But they told me that since there is no CI in my country (I was in China when I sat for the HSK exam several years ago), they will consider my application as long as I have a recommendation letter from my country's Chinese Embassy.

That said, both my 1st and 2nd choice institutions might reject my application if they don't feel that the support of my Chinese Embassy carries enough weight. I suppose I should have let the Chinese Embassy here submit my application so it appears more legit. But yeah, this is the sort of issue you face when you live in the middle of nowhere. :lol: