Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

I have my fingers crossed now... my status just changed to “接收院校审核中”- 录取. This could mean that an aternative university has accepted my application. I just need confirmation from Hanban at this point. :)

I am also waiting for the results of my CSC application but if I receive both scholarships I will choose the better city or better university.

Hi,, I'm new here. My name is Nanda from Indonesia and on June 13 I was accepted for one year academic sholarship in Suzhou University. Anyone comes to this uni?

Btw i'd like to know on how to tell the host uni if we have changed the acceptance mailing address?! because on my application I filled in the address with my permanent address ( my parents' home ). In fact, now, i'm living in different area, I just forgot to fill in the current address.

@NANDA - Try emailing the international admission office (or whatever it's called at Suzhou Uni) and tell them you need to change the address. I did that with my uni, and it was no problem, they said they are going to send the acceptance letters at the beginning of July. If that doesn't work, maybe contact your CI and see if they can help you let the university know about the address change.

For future reference, I just thought I'd update everyone. It's June 20 and I only just received the following status:

申请进度:“奖学金资格评审中”- 授予奖学金

(意见:符合孔子学院奖学金要求,授予奖学金。)2013年度获得全额奖学金。

Very happy about the university they have assigned me to. I'm glad we have all received favourable responses.

@shuoshuo Congtrxxx, finally u got it, i am happy for u :D Well, in my application status, its not written that *meet requirements for Confucius Institute Scholarship* but in urs, its is.

kindly review my status once again, nd tell me plz, Here we go:

申请进度:“奖学金资格评审中”- 授予奖学金

(意见:授予2013年孔子学院奖学金)2013年度获得全额奖学金

• Like 1

@ATkinG - Thanks. :) Don't worry about it, your status does state that you have been granted the scholarship. It seems that they have phrased it differently, but there is nothing for you to worry about. I did the old HSK so if anything, I did not meet the requirements, hahah. Let's just hope their decision is final and we receive our documents soon. I'm already thinking about stuff that I should take with me. :D I just don't want them to change their minds and take back the scholarship. I can be a bit paranoid! :D

I sent the email to Suzhou University yesterday and this morning I've received their reply..such a prompt response and thanks to your suggest @Suen. hehehe

Anyone, who's going to Suzhou University this autumn?!

You guys know what I find weird? China's timezone is +8GMT but many of us have experienced our status change at odd hours, when it's probably really late at night over there or even in the early hours of the morning. I wonder why's that so...

@shuoshuo- Right? I thought it was pretty weird, too. My status changed on Friday afternoon Central European Time, at that point I already thought I would have to wait until Monday to find out. That's not that late in the night in China, but still past the usual working hours. I mean, when I communicate with schools or whomever would normally respond during working hours in China, when I don't get an answer by eleven or noon (CET) the latest, I usually am not expecting to hear from them that day. So I thought, maybe Hanban lets our CI know and they enter it into the system? But I don't think anyone works at our local CI on Fridays.

Congratulations on the scholarship! It's great they assigned you to a school you like, that's not always the case with these assignments.

• Like 1

hi guys, i've just checked my status and i've been accepted to Communications University of China. do i need to do anything else or do i just have to wait for the admission letter to come? wonder is anyone else going to this uni?

Thank you very much SuEn! I'm really glad that most of us have been granted the scholarship. I'm eagerly waiting for the admissions package, I hope we all receive ours soon. We have about 2 whole months to prepare ourselves. I want to sit for the December's HSK paper so I only have a few months to zone in.

I've been accepted to Yunnan Normal University (云南师范大学). Very excited. I'll post in the appropriate forum but it seems a bit moribund so thought I'd check here as well - anyone else going to Yunnan? Congratulations to everyone else who was successful and commiserations to those who were unlucky this time around.

I just received an email confirmation from the host institution that I have been accepted for one year. They are asking me to confirm my details. Have you guys been in touch with your host institutions? What's the status? This will be an interesting year.