Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2011

Brian US

With so many people getting their results, I got anxious and called the university to which I applied. The uni has accepted me, but the CSC website has not posted any changes to my application status.

Has anyone received confirmation through CSC's website that they've received the scholarship?

I've been using this link to check my status: http://laihua.csc.edu.cn/inscholarship/jsp/student/StudentLogin.jsp

Should I be looking elsewhere, or is everything just slow?

• Like 1

Guys, can we still get to change our University if we've been selected for 2 year language program and then 4 years of Bachelors? .. I mean, suppose if I get selected in BLCU for language program and JIAOTONG for Bachelors .. in the meanwhile, when I'm doing my language program, can I still get to change my university?

You are normally not allowed to change universities, but it is possible. By possible I mean nearly impossible. A fellow Canadian classmate was only allowed to switch schools after getting a recommendation from 大山 himself. If you don't know who 大山 is, then look at it this way...have your country's ambassador talk to the head of the CSC on your behalf.

@kdavid:

If you have applied to the university via the CSC process, and they have accepted you, this most assuredly means that you have also garnered the scholarship. If you applied to the school separately from CSC, I'm not sure if you have the CSC scholarship as well. Furthermore, the online application form status never changes.

@Brian US

Do you happen to know if BLCU can inform me about my CSC scholarship application. I spoke with the international office on second floor of the Yifu building, and said to speak with admissions. So, I spoke with admissions and they said I HAVE to wait until the Chinese embassy in the US notifies me; there is no way to get prior notice from BLCU. However, it seems everyone else here has received prior notice from the schools they applied to. As you have BLCU experience, I'm hoping you can be an elucidative light in the fog of war that is the CSC application process.

@Awais Kazi

As Brian US stated very comically, changing programs is damn near impossible. However, re-applying for another program, as far as I know, is fair game. So, if oyu are studying your at BLCU for your language programs, and decide you want to change programs, schools, you can re-apply for whatever program you want. Does anyone have experience doing re-applying for a CSC scholarship while currently on a CSC scholarship?

If you have applied to the university via the CSC process, and they have accepted you, this most assuredly means that you have also garnered the scholarship. If you applied to the school separately from CSC, I'm not sure if you have the CSC scholarship as well. Furthermore, the online application form status never changes.

Thanks for the reply.

So, I just wait for an email/snail mail?

@Abdul Sattar.i have contacted HEC today and the person who is project director told me that we have submitted all applications to ministry of foreign affairs and none of single application is lost..our procedure is computerized based and it is impossible...and CSC or Embassy will directly call you..

Here is reply which is sent to me by Project Director Asif Kaleem Malik.

Dear Dr. Haseeb,

Please confirm the facts before sending any statement to Government Organization.

HEC has sent successful nominations to Chinese Embassy through diplomatic Channels. The list of nominees was displayed at HEC website. Please also note that this is Chinese Funded Scholarship and the role of HEC is to send them nominations. The final decision is done by Chinese Authorities.

Asif Kaleem Malik

Project Manager (SK/FFSP)

HRD Division

Higher Education Commission

Sector H-9, Islamabad, Pakistan

Phone: 92-51-90808045, 90408046

@Helios

I remember going to the admissions office when I was trying to get early results on the CSC last year at BLCU. They were extremely unhelpful and several times simply ignored me while I stood there and asked questions. After telling my story to three people in their office, (I did this individually as even though they sit next to each other, they refused to explain to the other staff) one man checked the computer and said my application was not on file.

I then took the journey to my top two choices (Beijing Univ and Tsinghua) with neither office having my application on file. Little did I know I could have just gone to my third choice, Renmin Univ, and probably received my results.

To answer your question, keep contacting the admissions office as it depends on who/when/where/how with getting an answer.

Dear Dr. Haseeb, i contacted Jilin University and their response was like this:

"Dear Sir,

Please pay attention to the following link page, we will put the recruited namelist in the near future.

http://en.jlu.edu.cn/University/BoardAction_getAll.aspx

Best regards,

--------------------

Xia Li

Program Officer

Division of International Relations

Jilin University

Tel: +86-431-85166885

Fax: +86-431-85166877

Add.: 2699 Qianjin Street, Friendship Guesthouse,Changchun, P. R. China 130012

Email: xiali@jlu.edu.cn"

@wkyousafzai Thank you so much dear..today i also called them and they said they haven't any result now..and same response from Xian Jiatong University although Xian Jiatong University representative told me before 2 weeks that they will announce result after 2 week and now 2 weeks has gone..

• Like 1

Just received my acceptance email!

1) What is your native country? U.S.

2) Where did you apply? The Chinese Embassy in Washington D.C.

3) When did you apply? March 2011

4) When was the deadline? Supposedly March 31

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No.

6) What program did you apply for? MA in Modern/Contemporary Chinese History

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Heilongjiang University

8) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? Heilongjiang University's

10) Where did you get your physical done? In Harbin, at the hospital where all foreigners do their medical for visa/resident permit purposes

11) How did you get your documents notarized? I already had copies of my BA copy notarized from years ago. I didn't get anything else notarized (including my HSK copy, etc.)

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? The medical evaluation came with a stamp.

Finally, for those getting results:

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes.

14) How were you notified? By e-mail

15) When were you accepted/rejected? I haven't received the package yet, but I should begin September 2011.

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Heilongjiang University, MA in Modern/Contemporary Chinese History

• Like 1

@kdavid:

Congratulations!

I also applied to the Chinese Embassy in DC, but I have not received an email. Can you PM me the contact who sent you the acceptance email? I think I might have a problem.

@Applicants at the Chinese Embassy in DC ("CED"):

Has anyone else been notified of acceptance or denial?

Does anyone know if CED notified applicants of their status at different times in the past?

• Like 1

• New Members

Woohoo! I was not expecting success there, but just got the email.

1) What is your native country? U.S.

2) Where did you apply? The Chinese Embassy in Washington D.C.

3) When did you apply? March 14th 2011

4) When was the deadline? Either March 31st or March 15th. Take your pick.

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No.

6) What program did you apply for? 1 year Chinese language study

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Wuhan University 2. Suzhou University 3. Xiamen University (I chose almost entirely based on whether or not the campus looked nice.)

8) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? Nope.

9) What agency number did you use? US Embassy

10) Where did you get your physical done? Xuchang, China (The smallish town in Henan that I was living in. The hospital was more like a refugee camp than anything, and it was a true test of my Chinese abilities to get it all done by myself where no-one could speak Mandarin!)

11) How did you get your documents notarized? Made a friend back in the states get them notarized.

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? You kidding? I can't buy a freaking vegetable without getting one of these! You haven't been looking hard enough!

Finally, for those getting results:

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes! =)

14) How were you notified? By e-mail

15) When were you accepted/rejected? Just now! (June 20th)

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Not sure yet. Hopefully, one of the three preferences.

I also applied to the Chinese Embassy in DC, but I have not received an email. Can you PM me the contact who sent you the acceptance email? I think I might have a problem.

Has anyone else been notified of acceptance or denial?

Does anyone know if CED notified applicants of their status at different times in the past?

If this helps, the email I got also had this bit:

"2. These packages are of the first batch and we are still waiting for the others. Please explain to your classmates or friends if they also applied the scholarship this year and don't get my email up to now. "

@Helios

Below is the email I received. Note the section in bold.

Dear All,

Congratulations on getting the Chinese Government Scholarship! We just got your acceptance letter packages mailed from CSC. Please reply this email with your MAILING ADDRESS ASAP so I can mail the package to you.

TIPS:

1. Address within US will be preferred. If you are not in the US and no one in the US can accept the package for you, please offer the detailed overseas address (both in English and Chinese if you are currently in China.)

2. These packages are of the first batch and we are still waiting for the others. Please explain to your classmates or friends if they also applied the scholarship this year and don't get my email up to now.

3. If you don't reply my letter, for some reason, I will mail the package our based on the address you offered in the online CSC application system in a week. Eternal Address within US will be preferred.

Thanks~

Xiao Liu

Ms. LIU Xiao, Third Secretary, Education Office

Embassy of the People's Republic of China in the United States of America

ADD: 3505 International Place NW, Washington DC 20008

TEL: 202-495-2259

FAX: 202-495-2257

I'm sure you'll be okay. It just might take another week or two.

• New Members

Guys, do you have any information about the partial scholarship? I phoned the Ministry of Education and they said I got the partial scholarship with the insurance excluded. Then what about the stipend and other costs? Has any of you ever come across the same situation or heard about it?

Reply which i received from Xian Jiatong University...

Dear Dr.Haseeb Sattar,

We are very pleased to receive your email. Since you are applying for the CSC Scholarship, please pay more attention to our website, which is http://sie.xjtu.edu.cn/index_e.php

We will announce the final admission result by middle July.

Good luck to you!

Ms. Liu Shanshan

----------------------------------

School of International Education

Xi'an Jiaotong University

Phone:0086-29-82665924

Fax:0086-29-82665923

E-mail:adm-sie@mail.xjtu.edu.cn

Still Waiting..OMG this wait really killing :angry: :blink: :blink:

Congrats to kdavid,and takameanie04 !!!!!!!

• Like 1