Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2011

Brian US

Hello,

The US Houston Consulate released the results today for their region.

1) What is your native country? U.S.

2) Where did you apply? The Chinese Consulate in Houston

3) When did you apply? March 2011

4) When was the deadline? April 30th

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this was my first time.

6) What program did you apply for? Direct Enrollment for 1 year

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Beijing University 2. Renmin University 3. Foreign Affairs

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? Houston Consulate

10) Where did you get your physical done? My local doctor.

11) How did you get your documents notarized? Done by a public notary at the University

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? Used the reply mail address from my doctors office and university.

Finally, for those getting results:

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I was accepted for the scholarship starting September 2011.

14) How were you notified? By e-mail I also emailed Remin university Directly and asked if my name was on the list. Their International Student offices have someone who is in charge of all Government scholarships

15) When were you accepted/rejected? Accepted Early July 2010

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Renmin University for one year of direct enrollment.

There was 25 kids in total from the Houston Consulate who were accepted to the scholar ship.

• New Members

Heloo all. i am studying here for last 3 years so just to tell you that these days universities are recieving lists from Csc about confirmed scholarships as in most cases a list was send by universities for approval. for example i know that beijing university of chemical technology, jilin university have recieved list in recent days so successful canidades will receive email . while some contries have agreements with china government so those candades will get reply through agencies they applied . for example previously pakistani canidades were of two categories 1. those who applied directly to their schools ( in those cases univerities have maximum 1-2 scholarship for pakistan . more scholarships are for vietnam, korea and mangolia ). 2. scholrs who were send by moe pakistan . previuosly 50-70 per years ( they were getting some stipend from moe also ) but this year hec send applications . more scholarships are expected than previous years but i dont think 500 in one year it can be 3-5 years.

Today I called to Shandong University and Jillin University Both said that i am not in their list. :o :mellow:

I choices were

Xian jiatong university

Shandong University

Southeast University.

Oh God does it means i am not selected for CSC schoalrship... :o :o :o :o

No doc ! This might not be the case, according to what i read in the first pages of this debate, there is no guarantee that you will always obtain the school of your choices, they might still send you to another one! You will be okay don't worry!Besides you can still receive the scholarship without any change in your current status!

• Like 1

My first choice was Tshingua and second one was Peking University. Peking University hasn't listed me and somebody said earlier that Tshinga have already send e-mails for the chosen ones. So does it means that I don't have a change for the scholarship or CSC committee will just look me another school form the list. It is quite nerve raking indeed :(

Hoping the best!

Hello everyone,

I'm from Finland and today I got an e-mail from the Chinese Embassy here, they said "I am on the CSC list", meaning I got the scholarship! They have something for me and I'll pick it up on Monday, so I'll tell you more later! Their e-mails here are notoriously short so they didn't give me any more info yet, plus they usually don't answer the phone. :)

I just wanted to share this already, hoping that this means that others will start getting some info soon as well! May god bless you all! :)

• Like 4

well I can say that because I just called "Ministry to Education" to whom I sent my documents to (and they had to forward it to the embassy I think) .. they told me that the result can be announced any day now, and as soon as we get them we'll call/e-mail you :)

oh and my status says the same :

Your currunt status:

Application form has been already submitted.

• Like 1

@JJTHOMPSON Thank you so much for clarification.you are right i have to wait till August.

@Awais When i called Culture center in Islamabad they said CSC will notify them in August.

• Like 1

Cheers! I applied through the embassy, though I sent the application to a third party first. In Finland, we can send the application to CIMO (Centre for International Mobility), who will then forward them to the embassy. Whoever gets the CSC scholarship will then be granted an extra 1,200 € by CIMO for travel and other expenses. Which is pretty cool.

I'll report more next week, after I've visited the embassy and got all the information. It's going to be a looooong weekend waiting for that, I would go tomorrow but the embassy is not in my city.

• Like 2

• New Members

1) What is your native country? U.S.

2) Where did you apply? The Chinese Consulate in Washington D.C.

3) When did you apply? April 30th

4) When was the deadline? April 30th

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? Yes

6) What program did you apply for? Chinese as a second a language

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Dalian University of Technology 2. Liaoning Normal University 3. Dalian Maritime University

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? Washington D.C.

10) Where did you get your physical done? My local doctor.

11) How did you get your documents notarized? I don't remember getting them notarized

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? My local doctor just signed the form.

Finally, for those getting results:

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes, beginning this fall.

14) How were you notified? By e-mail from the Chinese Embassy in D.C. and also by contacting the university directly via email.

15) When were you accepted/rejected? Admitted to the university in mid-June.

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Dalian University of Technology, Chinese language program

• Like 1