Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2011

Brian US

1) What is your native country? Philippines

2) Where did you apply? CHED

3) When did you apply? April 11, 2011

4) When was the deadline? April 15

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? Yes, but it was short-course.

6) What program did you apply for? One year language program.

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Fudan University 2. Chong Qing University 3. Nanjing University

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? CHED

10) Where did you get your physical done? At a local hospital with my internist.

11) How did you get your documents notarized? Just paid P200 for 2 copies of my transcript and diploma.

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? What? I Donno.

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I was accepted.

14) How were you notified? I was not notified, but i saw my name in the list of accepted scholars

15) When were you accepted/rejected? Accepted, June 30th.

16) What school and program were you accepted to? I was accepted Chong Qing University for a one year language program

• Like 1

Wow! I'm on the EU list too :)

Hopefully it's not another person with the same name! I haven't received any e-mails and my status is still "The application form is currently checking." so I won't be counting my chickens just yet!

Best of luck for those still waiting.

so what does the 'application still checking' status mean. does anyone know. does it mean that even after you have been selected and your name is published there is still a chance that things can go wrong for some reason. hope not!!

Congrats EU scholar winners.

US... Most of us will have to wait a bit longer. As per agreement that Barrack signed earlier this year, they seemed to have accepted a second wave of CSC applicants with deadline of June 20th, which is pretty late. If they rolled these applications into those who applied by April 30th deadline, it'll delay the release of an official and complete list. T_T Good news though is it'll increase the number of applicants accepted =D

I got the reply from CSC through the Ministry of Education in Iceland yesterday and it seems that I was accepted for full scholarship (and the only Icelander to get that honor). On the other hand that Scholarship has me enrolled in the MIR program in Jilin university, a program that I never applied for.

When the embassy of Iceland in Beijing inquired about this to the CSC they informed them that this was the decision because there wasn't any room for me at Peking University. That strikes me as a little bit odd because I had been accepted into the MIR program of Peking University May 11.

I was prepared for CSC being able to enroll me to another university if there wouldn't be any room at my university of choice, but does anybody else know of an example of them enlisting you in a different university from the one you've already gotten accepted into?