Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2011

Brian US

DorianGray@ I believe I read in another message a couple months ago from someone on this blog site that mentioned that happened to them...they were sent to a different university than the one they got accepted to. Congratulations on your award! So have you made a decision on whether you would rather go to Peking U. and pay, or take the scholarship but go to the university they want you to go to?

@DorianGray Congratulations/Sorry on the good/bad news? haha, but honestly, if you think about it a little, it may not be that odd. consider how many graduate students they accept in total, and consider how many scholarships they are allowed to award. being accepted is not the only precondition to the scholarship. now you might say, "well, just transfer my scholarship from Jilin to Peking U", but then it'd be unfair to Jilin because they lose the funding for the scholarship they could've awarded to one of their own student.

its government, and they're all fighting for funding and money =)

I really had my heart set on BeiDa; Beijing is a city that I'm quite familiar with (and I love). So although it would be a terrible financial burden on me (I would have to borrow rather large sums of money), I'm pretty sure that I owe it to myself to go to Peking University.

On the other hand I am really trying to be weighting all my options. Anybody have any experience with Jilin?

It would be even better if anybody had a magical answer to this whole affair with CSC? I'm really quite bothered with this as I'm an excellent student and I thought I had proven that I was BeiDa material by being accepted by BeiDa.

• Like 1

Don't worry, as I heard the status is really not important!!!

xiaohouzi@

Congratz! I am pretty sure that you will get the admission letter in post next week!

My status is also "currently checking", I suppose it wont't be change!

HappyCSCscholar@

I from Hungary, applied for the EU scholarship. I havent received any e-mail, I suppose I will get the admission letter by post next week.

liya@

:)

I applied for another scholarship, and I received an email from my first choice saying that there was a problem with my application package. After this, I wrote to my second choice, CQ University to ask if there was a problem too, and they answered me that I was accepted by the EU scholarship:)

They sent the admission letters to CSC in early June.

Dorian@

Last year, and the year before about the one fifth of the applicants from my country was sent to a University where they didst applied. So it can happen.

Guys, does anyone have any idea what percentage of the selected people from the EU window will get the full scholarship and how many will get the partial one. are there any statistics out for the previous years.

@lovelife, as far as I know all the 100 people in EU Window will get full scholarship, there is no such thing as 'partial' in this scheme...

@Dorian Gray, if you still go to BeiDa, you have all my respect, it is such an amazing thing that you follow your heart... Also, I find it embarrassing that CSC send you to Jilin University, at least they could have found another uni in Beijing...

well my status is still "Application form has already been submitted" <_<

I just hope I get the scholarship soon, Nanchang University has still not announced the results for unknown reason :( .. hoping for the best!!

hey, I just figured out .. that when I filled the form for CSC ..

there was something like

do you want to take Chinese Classes preparation(something like that) and I wrote "NO"

have you ever been to china? NO

Chinese Language Proficiency : NONE ..

lol, while CSC does not allow their Bachelor Students to study in English and I clearly denied to learn Chinese with having no skills over Chinese :\ .. I just feel I made a fool outta myself :\

• Like 2

I applied, but I did not expect that they will give it to me again after a succesful application in 2010, since there were so many new applicants, who studied never in China. And my Chinese university told me, that there is almost no chance to repeat the same program, at the same place. :huh:

Anyway, I am grateful. Thank you for this second chance :rolleyes:

• Like 1

So i'm trying to find out a bit more about my application and why i didn't get the scholarship. The guys in Brussels actually gave me Mr. Ke Changqing's mobile number but he said i had to contact CSC directly. Once it's morning in China, i'll be making a phone call. Hopefully they can speak English and i'll find out why i wasn't accepted. I just want to make sure my application was received and it was considered.

• Like 1

Thank you very much for the link to the European results, i'm on the list.

Not been able to post because I am in some outpost of china doing some teaching and the internet is hard to come by. Even now just using a friend's phone.

First of all, if you applied but were not on the list, unlucky. It's not nice when that happens and it can be for all sorts of obscure reasons with a process like this. I have had an application failed in the past because of a computer glitch when I was applying. Not nice.

So, i called tsinghua, my first choice, and they were not sure if I will be there but I sincerly hope that I will be. They said I was not in their list but it might be different because it is EU. Who knows? I hope to find out very soon as the international Offices close for summer very soon and i would like to rectify the situation.

Regarding other EU candidates apart from those already stated, how many of you seem to be getting your first choices? Also, I am aware that Tsinghua can be difficult with govt scholarahips and when i phoned they did mention that they don't usually take these. They did then say they had a list of govt scholarship students so i am not clear.

Anyone have any experience of tsinghua with scholarship?

Finally, it seems a good time to thank everyone on the thread once more. Great to go through this with everyone else - best of luck.

• Like 1

• New Members

yesterday i saw list of students accepted by jilin university. it was of 47 people . mostly were were for 3-4 years scholarships . i think 2 American guys for 2 years study. there was one pakistani student in the list in international relations. plus university says list was of those who directly applied to university. others who applied through csc or their govt have agreement with csc will directlyrecieve admission letter

I think the problem with some of the universities and the CSC is that some pay out of their own pocket, where others are funded by the CSC. I've heard this several times with Renmin University getting full tuition paid by the CSC, but Beijing University having to pay out of its own coffers. This leads to the debate on how easy some schools are to get into through the CSC.

Congratulations Tianjin42, you might be the first Brit to get the scholarship by applying to the EU directly.

A Polish classmate of mine just got the scholarship by giving his application to Renmin Univ directly. Again this varies widely by each school.

@Brian I want to ask about scholarship annoucement,is your classmate know it from web?or directly ask at renmin university?

I already called renmin but he says waiting for annoucement on web,but i don't know the web which issued the scholarship annoucement

• New Members

Hi guys ! I applied for the scholarship through EU Windows, and got refused :blink: well, not on the final list of 100 names. *sic* too bad, I spent much time on my application, triple-checked every paper... anyways !

for the Europeans who got accepted (Marietta, Lantos, Tianjin42, ... and the others!) it would be great if you can explain a bit more how all this thing works : ) @thrice12 , sorry for u, seems like we're in the same case. Please let us know what Mr KE said to you on the phone, if u can reach him.

So, did you guys apply for one-year Chinese Language? or a Master, or a PhD ? for Master and PhD, did you apply for English cursus, or bilingual / all-in-Chinese? I'd love to have the ratio: out of 100 scholarships, how many for Language Class, how many Masters, etc...

anyways, congrats for the accepted Europeans ! wish I can be next year too