Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2011

Brian US

@laonuo

don't worry about medicals. i did it too last year, brought them to china but they did not even look at them, they just do it over for 400-600 RMB. for the visa, you can travel to China with tourist visa too and you can change it to residence permit later... congrats!

my friend (studying in Nanchang University) got it confirmed from the university that Nanchang University would start sending mails to the selected students via email after 1st of August to 15th of August.

• Like 1

I called today Tshingua and they said that they haven't got my application from CSC. Strange was that I said my name firstly but I am sure that lady on the phone didn't catch my name, so her answer was quite strange. Anyway according to that information I am not accepted any of my listed universities so I am looking forward feedback from Chinese Embassy in Estonia.

I hope that I get some good news soon, because otherwise I have so limited time to quit my job, book tickets and change my life :(

1) What is your native country? Pakistan

2) Where did you apply? Tsinghua University

3) When did you apply? February 2011

4) When was the deadline? February 28th

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No

6) What program did you apply for? Master in Management Science and Engineering - English, 2 years

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? Applied directly to Tsinghua, so not applicable.

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? Yes

9) What agency number did you use? 10003

10) Where did you get your physical done? Local private hospital

11) How did you get your documents notarized? My degree and transcripts were attested by the HEC.

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? I don’t know

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I was accepted.

14) How were you notified? By e-mail.

15) When were you accepted/rejected? July 13th. Didn't get notification from them. Had to ask them myself and they told me that I got the scholarship.

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Tsinghua, Master in Management Science and Engineering.

• Like 2

@towelie

Were did you asked about Tshingua? Did you e-mailed them or called? Please let me knowe, I would also like to cantct with them one more time, because I wasn't sure that I got it right with first time.

and congratulation!:)

Congratulations Towlie! That is very awesome! Did they say that CSC will send you a packet or will they send you a packet directly?

Dr. Sattar...don't be too down, because I'm sure you will be able to get into the universities if you apply directly. I think once you are a student and perform well in your university, you can apply for the Distinguished International Talent Scholarship?

@Awais, thanks.

@Kribu, I contacted the Foreign Student Affairs Office at this address : grad@mail.tsinghua.edu.cn - not sure if the same email would be valid for those applying to the language programs.

@JJThompson, YES !

@HapyCSCScholar, AFAIK, the Tsinghua people were waiting for the CSC result. Now that it's out they will prepare the admission packet and send it to me.

@ HappyCSCscholar Thanks a lot dear..i have applied and i got admission in Jilin university but dear i cannot pay the fee of this university i know if i ll perform well then i can easily ll get the university scholarship..but isnt it risky?

1) What is your native country? Estonia

2) Where did you apply? Online application and trought Chinese Ebassy in Estonia

3) When did you apply? 25 th February 2011

4) When was the deadline? February 25th

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No

6) What program did you apply for? PhD (Power engineering- renewable energy)

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1)Tsinghua University 2) Peking University 3)-

9) What agency number did you use? Local one (was gave me by our school)

10) Where did you get your physical done? Local hospital

11) How did you get your documents notarized? In Estonia

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? :D I belive so...at least form embassy;)

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I was accepted.

14) How were you notified? Phone call from embassy

15) When were you accepted/rejected? Accepted, July 14th.

16) What school and program were you accepted to? I was accepted to NORTH CHINA ELECTRIC POWER UNIVERSITY.

I go to embassy tomorrow to get my documents. So I let you know all the details!

Ouhh I am freaking happy! I didn't get to the Tshingua, but I am going to make my thesis in the "special" electric power university!:) Just can't believe my luck! I am so so happy..and hope that others are also getting their positive results soon!

• Like 4

@Keown

I've applied to two universities in QingDao, with the intention of paying the full tutition fee. On a scholarship front, i don't have a plan b for that.

It looks like Tianjin42 might of got the scholarship and he's from the UK, so maybe i just suck!