Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2011

Brian US

@Keown

In 2005 China announced 300 scholarships for 5 years and you know that time they give 300 Scholarships per year not for 5 years..Means in five years China Gave 1500 scholarships to Pakistani students..

Here is the news Dated 6-September-2005

The China Scholarship Council (CSC) has approved a scheme to send 300 to 500 Pakistani students to various Chinese universities every year for higher education.

The CSC will soon send a team of professors to Pakistan for interview and selection of the students, said a senior CSC official.

The first batch of 300 students will join about 15 Chinese universities by June. The number of students will be increased to 500 on annual basis in the next five years.

the CSC will help reduce universities’ tuition fee and provide other necessary facilities to the students. Prof Dr Altaf Ali Shaikh, an adviser to the Higher Education Commission, during his recent visit to China met Yang Xing Yu, the CSC deputy secretary general, and discussed the proposed scheme.

• Like 1

From what the CSC guys told me, hopefully these two last weeks are going to be the climax of our waiting, they told me by latest end of first week of August, all the results will be out,atleast for my country..

RoyT@ - Which embassy is helping you resubmit your application with CSC? That is great news and very nice of them to do that for you.

Marietta@ - Have you received your packet yet?

Helios@ BigTops@ Remiso@ and other Lost Ones@ - I really don't know what to do at this point...Not sure if I should just sit and wait to see if something good will happen in the next week or two. :unsure: My contact at the University is on vacation and I have to wait for her help. We are at the 11th hour now, but thank goodness it only takes 1 to 3 days to get the student visa.

Good luck to everyone...I really hope things work out for everyone.

• Like 1

@HappyCSCscholar

It's the embassy in Israel. It is indeed very nice of them.

The embassy here works with the local universities, that have the right to recommend their own candidates to the embassy. I was the only recommended one this year by my university, but CSC chose someone else from my university.

My university now also does everything in order to help me, and I'm really thankful for that too.

Let's wish for the best, hope things will work out for you and everyone else too! :)

• Like 2

I received this e-mail from Mr. Changqing today;

Dear Scholarship Applicants,

We have released the pre-selected namelist of 2011/2012 academic year of the Chinese Scholarship Programme-EU window. Please check on the following website: www.chinamission.be.

By the deadline of March 30, 2011, we have received 580 applications for 2011-2012 Chinese Government Scholarship (EU Window) among which only 100 students are selected by the Chinese Scholarship Council (www.csc.edu.cn). It is a great pity that the other applicants will not be offered scholarships despite of the fact that most of you are strongly competitive. The scholarship scheme will continue for the coming years and I hope you will have better luck. I am sorry that the CSC will not be able to provide specific reasons for the rejection. Thank you for your understanding!

The admission packages for those selected will be mailed to your permanent mailing adress in the envelop which was sent with your application materials. It is estimated that the packages will reach you by the end of July. Please keep checking your mailbox or the local post office if necessary. I sincerely hope that every scholarship recipient will cherish the opportunity to study in China and make the CSC believe that you are the right candidates to award the scholarships.

All my best wishes.

Sincerely yours,

Mr. Changqing KE

First Secretary for Education

Mission of P.R.China to the EU

• Like 1

@ aizjev: i'm also from the Philippines, i was at the embassy last friday, and was prepared with all the requirements except that they told me i need to get a medical from those recommended only by the Chinese embassy. so, that day was spent only for my medical at God's Way. how bout you? i'm also wondering who will fetch us at the university we are going to. i'm accepted at chong qing daxue. congrats! you got your first choice.=) maybe you can PM me your cell no., if i can ask Qs too?

@xiaohouzi: they sent you an email on a sunday.hm, how strange. I'm from the uk too and i didn't receive this-double strange-unless if they've only sent the email to the unsuccessful applicants. good news is the wait is gonna be over soon. good luck to everyone that won, commiserations to those that didn't!!

@Majid khan and Agrarian

You can contact china culture center in islamabad Tel # 051-2610896.

When i contacted last time(Friday 22-july) the person told me that they have received the results and they will announce the results in during this week.

He also said that the reason for delay is due to Last year the CSC sent results to Ministry of education but from this year they have sent results to us and its the first time we are handling Scholarship,

• Like 1

@Dr.Haseeb Sattar

By the way I have confirmed from the university I have applied. They told me that you have been enrolled in HUST for the Session 2011. Your documents have been sent back to CSC. you will get them later.

SO told me that culture centre will announce the result on which website.

Lost Ones@ - new developments.... while I still have not heard from the University b/c my contact is on vacation, I just found out some procedural information that may give us some hope.... that it could possibly be a lost batch of mail. According to the Secretary of Education in the Los Angeles Chinese Consulate Office, getting an approval from CSC for the Scholarship is a wonderful thing and means that your application has gone through a series of steps and hurdles. When the embassy or consulate receives our applications, they review the material and make their top 30/50 recommendations. The application then goes to CSC for their review and recommendation. Thereafter, the application will go to one of your noted three choices (or the school whom you have been directly accepted to). If the school accepts you or confirms your acceptance, then the application will go to CSC for final approval. Once you receive final approval, CSC will notify the school to generate the acceptance letter to include in the packet. CSC will put together the packet that includes the 1) acceptance letter from the school 2) JW201 and 3) information brochure from CSC regarding your scholarship. The packet will then be mailed back to the local representative embassy/consulate office. The embassy/consulate office will then notify the applicants and forward the packet to the applicants. Since getting the "approval" from CSC is the result of a long process, it is hard to believe that they would later change their minds. Therefore, it doesn't make sense. There must be a lost mail batch from CSC to the DC Embassy.

I received my documents in the mail this morning. I'm from the UK but applied to the China Mission to the EU for the scholarship. Really glad that the documents have arrived as I'm leaving for Beijing next Wednesday and have a visa appointment tomorrow morning!

The one surprise is that the scholarship is for Northeastern University in Shenyang, which I didn't put as one of my preferences! I'm not massively concerned but it did come as a bit of a shock at first.

Interesting that some people who applied through the China Mission to the EU received an email about their scholarship over the weekend. I did not receive a message and have just been waiting anxiously for the documents ever since I saw my name on the list that is on the website.

• Like 1

Dear friends I got a call from the institition where I have applied for the CSC scholarship the told me that I got the scholarship and the three venezuelan who have applied also got the csc scholarship whit a meeting tomorrow morning, Im very happy for that news I hope to see you all there and happy just like me I wish you the best good luck to everybody!by the way all that was last night. bye

http://fundayacucho.gob.ve/gestorContenidos/docs/seleccionados_china%20_finales2011.pdf

http://fundayacucho.gob.ve/vistas/eventos.php?id=52