Chinese-Forums

Tsinghua University Chinese Courses

roddy

Hi everybody,

When I've finished the Chinese language course at Tsinghua I was hoping to do an internship at a company for 4 months. So I'm staying for 9 months in China. The Visa application centre (in The Netherlands) told me that I can't get an X-visa because I do 2 different things in China (study, internship) and that I can only get an F-visa with a duration of 6 months.

They told me that there may be a possibility that I can extend my F-visa when I'm in China but strange enough they don't know for sure. Can someone tell me if Tsinghua University or some other institution can arrange this for me and what papers and forms I need to have to succeed (to get an X-visa or extend my F-visa while I'm living in China) without any problems ?

Thanks!

• New Members

Does anybody know what would happen if one were to miss Registration on the 3rd and 4th? Do you think it would be possible to do it sometime after, before the 11th? I feel like programs for foreigners would be pretty lax about this, but I'm not sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • New Members

HI guys... Hope all of you are geared up for this adventure..I will be reaching Beijing on 30th. The registration starts on 3rd Sept, and the Double Rooms (yeah, double rooms were the only thing that were available for booking :-/ ) are available from 1st September only.

So in case any one of you is also turning up early and are kinda bit new to China, lets meet up before the classes begin. Mail me at uditguptaogx@gmail.com. Thanks :)

Hey guys, does anyone know the exact date of the registrations? The official blue paper says, for me, that the deadline for registration is September 4, however, no exact time is given. Can I go in on the 3rd? And does anyone know how long the placement test will take? Thanks in advance!

• New Members

Hi guys!

I'm really looking forward to meet you all for the Chinese Language Program this September. :D

@ Ma Te, I have read from the notice emailed to me that the registration date & time would be on September 3-4, 8:30am-12:00pm & 1:00pm-4:30pm. I think you can register on either dates.

Have deleted a couple of posts.

Once again a reminder that:

posts about accommodation should NOT go here and will get deleted. Please see the first post for links to follow. Sorry if this seems inconvenient, but the aim is to keep on-campus accommodation (relevant to all Tsinghua students), off-campus accommodation (relevant to all Wudaokou / Haidian students) and Chinese language course info (relevant to all Tsinghua Chinese language students) separate.

Likewise, posts for organising meetups and the like should also go in their own threads (see here for more info). Once you've created a separate thread, you're welcome to post a link to it here, inviting people to continue the discussion there if interested.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

I think I've got a problem: on the registration papers it's written that I should bring the Visa Application Form at the reg. office...but I don't have any! Do you think it'll be a problem?

that's for students staying here for more than 6months, X visa holders, not your case. don't worry

• 1 month later...

Ni hao wode tong xue men,

I am from Australia and have applied for the Spring 2013 enrolment. Thank you so much for all of those people who have shared their experiences.

I can now stress less knowing the past two intakes have all experienced later timing of the admission notice's.

If anyone is applying for the Spring 2013 enrolment and would like to stay in touch re the application/domitory/visa process and maybe share some learning (through pinyin emails as i do not know too many characters) please let me know.

Xie Xie nin,

Chris

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello to everybody.

Just signed up for the Chines Course in Beijing Tsing Hua for Spring 2013 and was thinking if anybody here has information to share, and also for us to keep up with each other's admission information for this semester. I just got my admitted yesterday after paying for the application fees (took them about 1-2 weeks to admit me after payment).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If in any case we don't get the package on time, can we go on a traveling visa and only change it there in Beijing?

Also, we can settle both course registration and dorm registration at the same time at the same counter? Can we pay by credit card or does it HAVE to be cash? Any guides on where to head to to do all of the above? Pretty worried that we hadn't gotten our packages yet.

1. If in any case we don't get the package on time, can we go on a traveling visa and only change it there in Beijing?

At the start of last semester I was told that this WAS possible. If you don't get your package in time then call the international students office.

2. Also, we can settle both course registration and dorm registration at the same time at the same counter?

I think dorm registration is online so you should watch out for the date to get the type of room you want. I don't remember there being a desk for dorms at registration.

3. Can we pay by credit card or does it HAVE to be cash? Any guides on where to head to to do all of the above?

You can pay by cash or credit card (foreign or Chinese). It is quicker to pay by cash though as you just give it to them, they give you receipts. The card counter had a longer queue. You do everything in one building - register and pay for tuition. The building number and times will be in the registration package or via email.

4. Pretty worried that we hadn't gotten our packages yet.

Don't worry. I didn't receive mine until perhaps 3 weeks before term. The package contains a rough schedule for the semester - I think it's around 18th February for a placement test then classes begin 26th of Feb. A guide to dormitory registration, a map of Tsinghua and the VISA forms that you need. There may also be something about the medical (if you are applying for an X visa, F-visa doesn't need a medical).

Hope that helps!

• Like 1

That is great thanks Chttay for your advice it was really helpful.

What is grading like for people starting at different levels? Do they do a verbal, written or listening test and do you have flexibility with choosing your classes at all?

Thanks again for your help.

Chris