Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2014 General Discussion

haoyu

Guys, I am in trouble now. I was both nominated by HUST(Huazhong University of Science and Technology, CSC Chinese Government Scholarship) and NJU (Nanjing University, Hanban Confucius Institute Scholarship). NJU accepted me on 9th May (they are real fast and earlier to post the nomination news on Hanban website) and HUST unexpectedly (they are really slow enough) accepted me 16th May today, for which I had lost my hope previously. So, can I retain the choice for HUST while I reject first-mover NJU legally?

Since for the time being I didn't receive any formal paper-hardcopy Admission Letters from both universities, I am afraid that if I right now cancel either one scholarship, I will suffer the risk of not getting anything at all.

What should I do? Should I wait until the hardcopy formal arrivals of both two confirmed Admission Notices from both universities and then decide?

Will the CSC and Hanban conflict with each other over this period of time and they end up cancelling my scholarship opportunity?  Do you guys have this kind of experience with both the authorities?  I hope experts here can share useful and reliable opinions.

Thanks in advance for any useful feedbacks.

First be sure to get one of the scholarship. After that you can contact CSC as soon as possible so that other student can get that scholarship. May be one of that scholarship can help other applicants to get opportunity to find their way in the future. 

@justforget

Yes thanks for feedback. It is just that i dont know how it functions when the two scholarship departments clash candidancy (only one fact I know: their bosses is the same bose=Ministry of Education of China (MOEC) 8) , however, I don't have the means to contact those higher-up officers.)......will they even care to ask for my reply (I prefer HUST but HUST is just executing decision of CSC of MOEC) or they just decide/reject it by themselves bureaucratically.........they never mention this kind of situation in any of their Q&A sessions......so I hope someone can clarify what they will do with the overlapped scholarship candidancy.....

hey guys, my problem just now seems to be solved, this morning i still get the status said that 录取, but i very just now get this latest status on Hanban website:

申请进度:“奖学金资格评审中”- 不授予奖学金
(意见:该生汉语水平已超过一学年研修生培养目标。奖学金名额有限,不予资助。)
接收院校:南京大学

does it mean that I was rejected by NJU because I have done too good in HSK and HSKK perhaps my proposal shakes them??? so now my choice left is with HUST......I have made myself a laughing stock.

@justforget

I also took HSKK Advanced 76/100, I think the CIS (Confucius Institute Scholarship) is to really help those who needs it the most. I hope CSC will not play a prank on me again like this, HUST CSC I beg you.........just get nominated and get CSC approval........because I have no other choice left :P

Can I ask how do you contact CSC? I e-mailed the person responsible for the applicants from South East Asia but that person hasn't replied me yet. Do they reply fast? I hope I did not get the wrong e-mail address. BTW I got that e-mail address from the CSC website.

@jobm: I think you should contact directly (maybe a phone call?) to your university instead of CSC since all result from CSC will send to university as I know. Hence, contacting CSC is not a good idea. 

Thanks to AL-MIGHTY ALLAH, finally I got official Acceptance from Beijing Jiaotong University.

Dear Sir or Madam,
Glad to inform you that you are nominated as the Chinese Government Scholarship Candidate!
I want to make sure that you are still interested in studying at Beijing Jiaotong University, and you can register at our university on September 1st or 2nd, 2014 on time.
In addition, the program that you applied to Beijing Jiaotong Univristy is a Chinese program, if you cannot submit HSK Level 4 Certificate, you have to study Chinese Language for one year and get HSK Level 4 before your degree study. Is that OK for you?
What's more, please make sure you have paid application fee, it is 600yuan(about 100 USD). If you have done it, please ignore this information. If you didn't, please find the account details of Beijing Jiaotong University and transfer your application fee as soon as possible! Do remember note your name, nationality and application fee when you transfer it at bank. And send the recipt to me by email. It will be helpful for us.

Please reply as soon as possible, I am looking forward to hearing from you!

Best Regards!
  • Like 1

• New Members

hello

my name hend from indonesia, 

i'm apply csc in harbin normal university and last april harbin normal university send me email containing

IHend, promise to attend Harbin Normal University upon receiving the CSC Government Scholarship. I promise that I have only applied for one CSC Government Scholarship. I understand that failure to comply will result in CSC being immediately notified, which could result in the termination of my scholarship application.

what mean about it? please help me