Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2014

haoyu

Thank you Lin You Le!! Wooh~ i am still in cloud nine right now~

@pavidevi I think there are some recipients who have their plane tickets covered by the scholarship based on the agreement of china and your country if you applied through the embassy. But, generally speaking, we should by our own tickets :(

@ Agatha_K

Thanks very much Agatha!!! That's extremely kind of you!! :D  I really appreciate it!! Wish you all the best!! :D

I have already sent you an e-mail and wrote my name (Paris) in the title!! Can't wait for your reply!! :D

@ jobm

Congratulations for the scholarship!! :D  All the best in your studies in China and your life in general!!

@ ladyferoz

Wish you good luck ladyferoz!! From all your posts I can clearly see how much you want that scholarship and you trully deserve it!! :D  I hope that in a few days you will have the great news that you got admitted!! All my good wishes for you!! :D

Lin You Le - when are the Brazil results normally published? I didn't know you actually applied through your embassy, I thought you applied directly to the universities.

You are not the only unlucky one.  I have also not officially received my results.  I applied through the MOE and they have not announced the results yet.

I've just phoned to Mr Chen, he said that he has sent the documents this morning, and the documents must arrive in 3-4 days to us!:) He also said that he will renew the website so we can see what universities we were accepted to!

• Like 2

1) What is your native country? U.S.

2) Where did you apply? The Chinese Embassy in Washington D.C.
3) When did you apply? March 1, 2014
4) When was the deadline? April 30th
5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? Yes.  I received a 1-year Chinese language scholarship last year.
6) What program did you apply for? Chinese language student for 1 year
7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Dalian University of Technology 2.  Liaoning Normal 3.  Shanghai Jiaotong
8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No
9) What agency number did you use? Chinese Embassy in DC 
10) Where did you get your physical done? A family doctor in HK
11) Did you get your documents notarized?  Yes

Was accepted for a final 1-year of Chinese language training.  Notified by the embassy by email on July 15.  I was taken off the waitlist and made it to the final list somehow.  Dalian University of Technology -- did not get a uni admission letter first or anything.

Hi guys, first time poster here!

I applied for the Zhejiang University Scholarship for a Master's degree to commence in September. I noticed the deadline for us to hear from them was today. Has anyone else heard anything or seen a list published? Very eager to find out what's going on, any help much appreciated!

All the best!

Hello @wt9616,

The Zhejiang University Chinese Government Scholarship recipient list has been posted on their website here:

http://iczu.zju.edu.cn/english/default.html.  If that's what you've applied for, I hope you're on the list!

I am a little confused by the difference, however, between the Zhejiang University Scholarship and the CGS at Zhejiang University.  How are  the two different? Good luck, whichever you've applied for.

wpskinner - there are local government scholarships available for students as well.  For example, there is the Shanghai government scholarship, Beijing government scholarship, Zhejiang government scholarship and so on.  These larger cities and provinces offer them.  So you can apply to these, and then you can apply for the CSC as well.

Lin You Le - If only there was a list online, for all the CSC scholarship winners around the world.  That would make things pretty convenient for us all! :)

Guys I need some help! :help

I got accepted for a full scholarship through the EU Window program in the major that I always wanted :Translation. My scholarship includes one year preparatory Chinese lessons to obtain HSK Level 5 (now I have HSK Level 4) and four years my Bachelor's Degree in Translation. Therefore the total duration is 5 years starting from 1/9/2014 and ending at 15/7/2019.

However, my first choice was Shanghai International Studies University (上海外国语大学), which I always wanted, second choice was East China Normal University (华东师范大学) and last choice Beijing Language and Culture University (北京语言大学) and I got admitted in my THIRD CHOICE!! :( :(

Guys I felt so disappointed!!! I always dreamt of going to Shanghai!!! The weather, the place, the chances of a better life seem so much better there than Beijing!! Also, I have heard that Shanghai International Studies University is by far the best university for Translation studies and I wanted so desperately to go there!!! Moreover, its buildings and facilities are so good!!!

Now about BLCU I haven't heard so much good words and its facilities don't seem so nice! Furthermore , I am afraid that I will leave from Beijing transformed into a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle because of the pollution!!! :( :(  I really don't know what to do!! I was waiting so much to go to Shanghai and got such a shock that finally I have to go to Beijing... :(

Is there any way to go to Shanghai? In both the CSC and chinamission.be websites, it is stated that no change can be made with no reasonable reasons... :help  What can I do?? How are things in Beijing and MOST IMPORTANTLY is BLCU a good university for my major and will I get a proper education??

Please guys if anyone knows, I would very much appreciate your help!!!! :help

LOL, Song Hu - at least you got a university you chose even if it is your third choice.  You cannot change it, it's part of the CSC rules.

Unless of course you can convince: 1.) SISU to accept you, and 2.) your embassy to convince CSC that you need to be moved to Shanghai because Beijing's pollution levels are too high for your vulnerable immune system.

The most important body to convince is your Chinese embassy.  If you can convince them, they will be able to convince the CSC. I personally know someone who successfully transferred to another university in another city.  The person moved from Guangzhou to Beijing because they hated Guangzhou's "extreme humidity".

I've visited Beijing twice, and I have been to BLCU for a day.  I don't know if things have changed since then but OMG I wanted to take the first flight back when I saw the dorms that they put the foreign students in.

I'm extremely one-sided with this, so I'm probably not one to listen to.  I think Shanghai is so much more awesome than all China's cities put together. :lol:  So I don't blame you at all, I say you have nothing to lose so attempt to be placed in Shanghai.

Having said that, you can always attempt to do the transfer later.  That way, you spend your language year in BLCU (which in my opinion would be one of the best options), and then you do the degree part of your course in Shanghai).

@ shuoshuo

Omg shuoshuo... If before I was just disappointed, now that I've read your post I just wanna cry... :( :(

What can I do? I didn't apply through the Chinese embassy in my country but through China's Mission to the EU (EU Window scholarship). If the dorms are so bad then... I really don't know... :( :(