Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2014

haoyu

@Tianlongprc yes i am talking about monthly allowance 1700RMB, as my brother is studying in China since last year... he told me that CSC meeting was held regarding this issue. my brother was told by his teacher about this rumor....

i am just asking any body have any news regarding this issue...

Good Day guys,

I have been reading a whole lot on this forum right from 2010/2011 period until this year.

Anyone here applied to University of Jinan (UJN)?

I applied there for Masters programme and was approved by the university. My documents and that of others have been forwarded(May 21st) to CSC for final approval.

Method of application:  I responded to an advert for a MS research assistant in a lab, after interviews by the head of the lab. I was given the go ahead to apply via CSC online form. After that, I sent the application form and documents via email to the professor for preview and approval.  He in turn sent it to the International affairs office of UJN. The international affairs office contacted me that they got my documents and asked for other documents which I provided. And that was it.  So I got a mail that my documents and that of the other recommended students ( all soft copies were printed out)  have been sent to CSC for approval. The hard copy of my form was sent too but got there end of May, however I was told not to worry about the hard copy coming late, that it would be kept in my file. I think basically I was the only one that has sent the hard copy cos i met someone else who told me he applied via email too.

We expect final approval from CSC before the end of June.

That's my story so far.

I hope it clears some air about UJN for anyone that applied there.

I applied for the Chinese Government Scholarship- University Programme and apparently on UJN's site their quota was 9 foreign students for Ms and PhD altogether. So i am thinking all 9 students names have been sent to CSC for final approval.

Thanks guys for this wonderful forum.

@ harrover , I think there is no need to ask for a reason as it is stated in the email as " Limited Positions" Secondly I Didn't received any pre-admission letter.

@ Fysal , I did received that email as well from Dongbei University Of Finance and economics, but eventually i got rejected :(

1) What is your native country? Brazil

2) Where did you apply? Chinese Embassy in Brazil and 华东师范大学

3) When did you apply? Early February

4) When was the deadline? March 30th

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this was my first time.

6) What program did you apply for? Master in Ancient Chinese History

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Fudan University 2. Fudan University 3. Fudan University / 1. 华东师范大学 2.华东师范大学 3. 华东师范大学

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? yes

9) What agency number did you use? Embassy and University

10) Where did you get your physical done? Chinese hospital

11) Did you get your documents notarized? I had my transcript notarized at notary public office.  

12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I wasn`t accepted by 华东师范大学 because I already was accepted by Fudan University.

13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? I have admission letter and recommendation letter from teachers of both universities.

14) How were you notified?  I call my Chinese university staff.

15) When were you accepted/rejected? 06.06

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Fudan University, Master in Ancient Chinese History (History of Ancient Chinese Medicine)

• Like 1

This is email which a candidate Received from  his Supervisor: (A bad news from Tongji University:)
" Dear student, Thank you for your interest in the Tongji University. I have checked with the International Student Office about your application. I am afraid that due to the political reason, currently we do not accept application from Pakistan. Thank you for your understanding. "

Anyone applied this uni?

Political reason? I think that's sad. This is not the first time the 'block' applicants from a specific reason. I wonder if this will affect the ones who have applied from other universities.

I applied for Chinese Gov. Scholarship by 华东师范大学 and by the embassy in my country, but even with a pre-acceptance letter from that university I was not accepted there because I'm already accepted by the university I chose when I applied through embassy.

Yesterday I contacted my teacher in 华师大 and she said she was surprised also, so she called 北京留学基金委 (who give you the final results) and they told her I was not accepted in 华师大 because I'm already accepted by the university I chose when I applied through the embassy.

So, who still have doubt about it, even if you applied for two different ways (two different agency number), you can just get one result, and this result is decided by 北京留学基金委, not you. I don't know about two different scholarships, for ex., Shanghai Government Scholarship and Chinese Gov. Scholarship, have or don't have conflict~

Anyway, the university I chose through the embassy is much better then 华师大..

@ Lin You Le

Your situation is exactly like mine! I also applied in 2 different ways: by Embassy and directly to university. Waiting my results now...
Could you say what was the time difference between 北京留学基金委 (CSC) took your documents brought by embassy and by uni?
Because seems like person will get a scholarship from 1st recommending him authority.

I have the following situation:

February, 14 - sent documents by myself directly to the Uni 1.
March, 10 - sent documents to embassy (application with another uni)
April, 19 - laihua status changed to ''currently checking" on embassy's application
May, 1 - laihua status changed to ''currently checking" on application 1.
May, 9 - Uni 1 wrote me they sent my docs to CSC for a final approval
May, 21 - I got a call from Uni, which is written in embassy's application
(they asked my permission to change my major)

Any ideas where will I be in coming semester  :wink: ? Uni 1 or embassy's application University?

@Sayuri

Yes, exactly the same. Two days before, when my teacher said I didn't get the scholarship even with pre-admission letter and recommendation letter from university professors I was very sad, but just until we realize its because the another application.

I first applied through university, then through embassy. 

I don't know the process inside 北京留学基金委, but seems like they send my application material to both universities, and because both of them accepted me 北京留学基金委 decide to which university I go (in my case, they chose the best one for me, Fudan Daxue).

So, I think the time they took my documents doesn't matter, because they just decided my situation after university approval..

Thanks~