Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2014

haoyu

1) What is your native country? U.S.

2) Where did you apply? Through the AASCU

3) When did you apply? March 24th

4) When was the deadline? March 24th

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this was my first time.

6) What program did you apply for? 1 year Chinese language program.

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Southwest University 2. Beijing Jiaotong 3. Shanghai Normal

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No, I applied afterward.

9) What agency number did you use? The one for the Chinese embassy in Washington D.C.

10) Where did you get your physical done? Local urgent care center.

11) Did you get your documents notarized? Family co-worker.

Finally, for those getting results:

12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes! :)

13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? Not prior to, but I was told by the AASCU to apply to the university of my choice and soon after I received my acceptance letter from SWU.

14) How were you notified? by e-mail

15) When were you accepted/rejected?  Accepted to SWU.

16) What school and program were you accepted to? 1 year Chinese language program.

• Like 1

@Pauan

Now I don't know also. My teacher in 华师大 said in her system (she is in charge of scholarships) show that I was not admitted to study in 华师大 because another university already accepted me. I thought that is Fudan University, but today I called them and they said (very rude, the staff in that place don't want to help you) if I don't have a pre-admission letter probably I was not admitted by Fudan also. So, now I don't now I was admitted by what university =D

@Pauan

Just now my teacher in 华师大 called 北京留学基金委 and they informed her I really obtained the Chinese Gov. Scholarship from Chinese Embassy, but they cannt tell her I go to attend which university. Anyway, it's not 华师大, I think is 复旦大学, because in my Study Plan I wrote a lot about Fudan, that I'm learning Shanghaihua,already have a Fudan professor willing to be my advisor (I also send her recommendation letter), therefore probably don't have another university want to admit me haha

1) What is your native country? USA

2) Where did you apply? San Francisco Chinese Consulate, as well as directly to Shanghai Jiaotong University

3) When did you apply?  Mid March

4) When was the deadline? March 31st

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this was my first time.

6) What program did you apply for? International Law

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Shanghai Jiaotong University 2. Nanjing University 3. Wuhan University

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? Sort of. I sent out the applications to the consulate and my university at the same time.

9) What agency number did you use? SF Consulate

10) Where did you get your physical done? At hospital 

11) Did you get your documents notarized? No. I didn't.

Result:

12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes. I have received a pre-admission notice from the university, and an award letter from the university. Still waiting to hear officially from CSC, but I assume that's just a formality.

13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? Yes. Pre-admission notice.

14) How were you notified? By mail for the award letter from the consulate, by email for the pre-admission notice from the university.

15) When were you accepted/rejected?  Received both in mid May

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Master's degree at Shanghai Jiaotong University.

I'm getting a little antsy because I haven't heard from CSC, but it sounds like CSC hasn't officially sent out any award materials. Also, I applied for the Shanghai Government Scholarship, and from the website application status it looks like I got it, but I haven't been notified by the Shanghai city government. Obviously getting one would exclude the other, and the stipend looks exactly the same for both. If anybody has any experience with the Shanghai scholarship notification process, I'd be grateful to hear about it! Thanks!
  • Like 1

Is this whole "award letter" thing new? @nates, I was also given such a letter and a pre-admission notice from the Uni. Still waiting on CSC's response though.... I sure hope this is truly a mere formality and not another hurdle. This is nerve wrecking!

Just talked to the Uni. They said they cannot provide any information about CSC applications and that communication is CSC / Embassy responsibility. Long story short - there in no way for me to find out if I'm in unless the embassy gets in touch. Just emailed them... hope they bring good news.

Thing is, the person from the Uni I talked to said they have already started recieving CSC application so I'm a bit baffled. laihua status updated the other day to "form currently checking"... that's all I got for now.

@Shai yes I recieved my scholarship letter and was then told by the AASCU to apply to the University. The professors at SWU rushed me an admission letter so that I could turn it into the AASCU in time for their deadline.

Apparently I have the scholarship but I have no direct answers about anything really...

@Lin You Le

Just wondering, did you know the professor at Fudan beforehand or did you get in touch with them to see if they were interested in being your adviser? I want to apply for Fudan in the future (Classical literature) and wanted to try to contact professors there so see if I could find someone who would be interested in being my adviser, but wasn't sure if it was generally okay to just up and contact people.

Mind giving some of details on how you went about contacting? Thanks!

@nates, Congrats! 

May I ask why you chose the LLM program at Shanghai Jiaotong? How large is their law class, do you know?  What made that appear the best option to you over the LLM programs at Zhejiang University and elsewhere?  I've been accepted into the LLM program at Zhejiang for the fall, and also into the LLM at the Chinese University in Hong Kong, but I'm leaning toward Zhejiang because of the Chinese Government Scholarship. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

To All,

I have applied in quite few universities for PhD, but all my applications are not accompanied with supervisor acceptance letters. will this be a problem for me to secure an admission in any universities where i have applied.

Your replies would be much appreciated.

Regards. 

nptaidhdt :  i have also applied at zhejiang university through Chinese Embassy,Nepal but i couldn't be able to get recommnedation letter like you.i have applied at two other universities for my master degree prog .....i  haven't received any email from anyone till now.My laihiua login status change to :the application is currently checking but i'm worrying what will happen next.i am confuse if the bilateral programme result will be late or at the same time.please reply me about zhejiang result.......