Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2014

haoyu

@Razumihin, It depends on your university. Mine is 10th September 2014, but I am going to Beijing on 28th August coz my Chinese Class will begin on 1st September. Info for all CSC winners that CSC provides services pick up for CSC student between 25th August-15 September. See you,

@ Razumihin

Dont think arrival deadlines set up by csc, seems like it is university's prerogative. So dates differ from uni to ini. Your admission notice should include info about this.

P.S. May i ask you- How did you know your admission result? Did you apply through the embassy or directly to the uni?

@Sayuri

Haven't got the results yet. I applied through embassy and got the recommendation that my application will be included in my country's quota. So I'm rather confident.

Guess I'll just go on a holiday in the unlikely chance I wouldn't get the scholarship.

Hi All,

Anybody has received the admission package? They said will be sent in June end, but just curious....... 

1) What is your native country? Indonesia

2) Where did you apply? Through university

3) When did you apply? Late February 2014

4) When was the deadline? Feb 28th

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this was my first time.

6) What program did you apply for? Master of Engineering

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Tsinghua University 

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? Only applied through university

9) What agency number did you use? Tsinghua number

10) Where did you get your physical done? Raffles Hospital, Singapore

11) Did you get your documents notarized? I had my transcript notarized at my university.

Finally, for those getting results:

12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Accepted, but still waiting for hard copy of admission package.

13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? Yes, to Tsinghua University

14) How were you notified? by email

15) When were you accepted/rejected? accepted mid May 2014)

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Tsinghua University for 2 years master program

CHeerssss!! 
  • Like 1

@Revealed

just curious, what kind of scholarship did you get from tshinghua uni ?

I got accepted by Tsinghua as well, but still waiting  for scholarship result for china embassy . 

I contacted CSC yesterday and they said for those who applied through china embassy, the result will publish mid of july. So keep calm and wish us luck.

Hi,

I have applied to CSC and Zhejiang univ for doctoral degree individauly.My applicaion status in CSC website is "Application form is checking"

I have professor acceptance letter also. Can anyone tell what are the chances for me to get into the university and whether i ll get the scholarship or not.

Thanks in advance.

Supernatural20 - what agency number did you use when you applied, was it at your embassy? If your university told you this, then I presume you have been granted the scholarship and your documents will be forwarded to your embassy.

Razumihin - registration dates vary. But 19th Aug is actually quite early. But if your university will grant you accommodation by then, you'll have more than enough time to familiarize yourself with the area.

The mid-July notice doesn't surprise me. We are always the last to know, haha. Well, I am heading back to my country in 2 weeks. China has been great. I guess I'll just wait for mid-July and chill with the others here who are also waiting.

Yes, at least that was what CSC told me. Since applying through China embassy is bilateral scholarship between Government to Government, the mechanism is quite different than applying directly to university, sometime it takes longer time.

I am going to beijing early of july for 1 month, hopefully will get the good news when I am there.

Keep calm and hope for the best, good luck for all of us.

Hello everyone,

Need suggestions from seniors, I have been nominated by a university and they emailed me in early May stating that they have shortlisted me and forwarded my documents to CSC for final approval. However, yesterday I came to know that few of my friends (internet friends) got the final admission notice from international office of that university. When I inquire from them about my result they told me that my name is in the 2nd list/batch and its results will come out in July and my friends were in 1st batch.

I have read the threads of previous years about two lists of scholarships plus I also noticed that in last years some universities have announced two lists of scholarships. So I would like to know from the seniors what are my chances of getting the scholarship being nominated in 2nd list??? please response...I 

can anyone please give reply to the question i have asked.

My application status in CSC website is showing as "Application form is Checking"??? I have sent all the documents along with the professor acceptance letter.

what are the chances for me to get in to the university or whether i ll get the scholarship.

Thanks in advance

1) What is your native country? Bulgaria

2) Where did you apply? EU Window

3) When did you apply? Late April, 2014

4) When was the deadline? April 30th

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this was my first time.

6) What program did you apply for? Bachelor

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. PKU

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? Yes

9) What agency number did you use? EU Window

10) Where did you get your physical done? I didn't need to, because I'm already in China and just sent a photocopy of my visa.

11) Did you get your documents notarized? Brought a notarized copy from home.

Finally, for those getting results:

12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Accepted, but still waiting for hard copy of admission package.

13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? Yes

14) How were you notified? In the International Student's Office of PKU.

15) When were you accepted/rejected? Mid-June

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Bachelor's in PKU.

And for those asking quiestions about your status on laihua, it doesn't seem to change. I doubt it'll change even after you're accepted, so just relax and don't really put any emphasis on it. X)

@pavidevi  You should check earlier post of this thread. Those questions have been asked many times already. Your status should be checking or submitted, in both cases there have been people accepted. If you have embassy's recommendation, it's almost certain that you'll get it.

• Like 1

I have a weird question. 

I made two accounts on CSC website and applied for two Universities directly for PhD program. 2 weeks ago i received a letter from 1st Uni that i got accepted by Uni Council and my papers were sent to CSC for confirmation. Today i received email from 2nd Uni stating that i have already won CSC Scholarship in their Uni and they ask me whether i will pick up admission documents or should they send them to me by mail. But the thing is that i really want into 1st Uni  :lol: . Should i wait some more days for 2nd Uni email or if i got approved by SCS for 2nd Uni i wont (unable to)  get scholarship in 1st Uni?

@Dorimi

As you already accepted by csc in the 2nd univ so dont wait for 1st univ as CSC will automatically cancel that because they have ur data and they give you scholarship already...so dont wait and dont waste ur time...

@Dorimi

I'm in the same situation as you. Don't wait for the first university because CSC already chose for you. I have admission letter from two universities, but because I'm accepted by one of them so I was automatically rejected by CSC to go to the another one. It was said by 北京留学基金委 directly to my teacher, so you can do nothing about :S

• Like 1