Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Applications/Results - 2015

mazi

Personally I don't think they would look kindly on people who have opened multiple accounts to apply to multiple universities. For starters all these universities will not have knowledge of this and if you are recommended by 5 different institutions, you can't possibly accept all of them which will result in you having to reject all the applications you don't want causing other people to possibly be rejected even though you may not accept that position. Now there is no way for the individual institutions to know if the candidate has applied elsewhere so this will only arise when CSC check the applications and I am sure they will realise when the same passport number gets a hit for multiple applications. I don't think they will look too kindly on this. The system is designed to allow you to apply to 3 different universities without cheating the system and after these 3 universities, CSC can still accept you into another university. If the first university rejects the application it automatically becomes available to the second and then the third. I would highly advise not setting up multiple accounts. Maybe if someone has tried this in a previous year they could comment.

• Like 1

@Bjnsharp

aha! exactly what I thought before. But on other social media they talk like this: X university says "currently cheking" Y university says "application submitted" etc..

that means they have multiple accounts... Soon we will see what is right and what is wrong!

@HFK

Universities usually have that info on their website under Chinese Government Scholarship section. Zhongshan Daxue (50), South China University of Technology (70), Jiaotong Daxue (200?) goes on like this.

Therefore, for some majors there is only one spot, sometimes not even one spot available for applicants to apply for!!

@Bjnsharp @Voyager2014, the CSC honestly do allow people to apply to various universities using multiple accounts, this doesn't cause any confusion whatsoever. It even says on the CSC website that one may apply for multiple scholarships, but in the event that one is granted multiple scholarships only a single scholarship can ultimately be chosen. So if university A, B and C give you one, you must choose the one you want. In fact there was an individual on here who applied to over 7 universities individually and was accepted for a scholarship by 2. You can also apply to your embassy and to any university you want with no problem as well.

However, if you just use one form, you may end up with the problem of one account and therefore only one university that can access this account. Meaning that in the event that your first choice (whose agency number you used) rejects you, you have possibly made your application redundant as the other universities cannot access the information on the system (possibly). 

@Merc

Then why do they give us to choose three universities for an account, not just one university? 

Maybe you are right! We all put everything in the same box. Maybe those three boxes for those who apply undergraduate or language programs. But for people who apply masters program, they better create different accounts for each university they'd like to apply to. 

About creating one or more account, here is what they officially say: http://en.csc.edu.cn/Laihua/newsdetailen.aspx?cid=69&id=388

"6. Each applicant can only apply for ONE scholarship under the Chinese Government Scholarship Programs. Applicants should note only one scholarship may be granted, even if they apply for more than one scholarship or more than one institution. CSC reserves the right to choose one scholarship or one university for the applicant."

so If you want to go one specific university so badly, just create one account (but nothing is guaranteed). However, if you want to study in China regardless of the name of university, just create as many accounts as you can, if one not accept, sure the other one will.

What is the meaning of this status "The application form is currently checking"? Till yesterday I was getting the status "Application form already submitted" but today it has changed to currently checking on the CSC website.

oh man my application to the EU window still says ''application form already submitted'' :'( 

anyone who applied to the EU window's status changed to ''application form is currently checking'' ?  

Mine has always said "Application form has already been recovered".

My university confirmed they selected me as a candidate and forwarded my documents to CSC. It may be that they haven't arrived yet or maybe some institutions just don't update the status.

Just noted you are talking about the EU window, I applied directly to the university so maybe the status is different.

"Application form has already been recovered" means application not even submitted. or You submit it but then later click the "retrieve the application" to make a change on the it.

I think the process altogether is different for some countries, or the process is not really as straightforward as it may seem. 

In the Philippines, we were just told to submit everything through our education ministry then to the embassy. All the documents go through the education ministry first, then they will be the ones to recommend. 

But besides that, those I knew who applied last year (and who got accepted) kept on telling me to calm down (as I was telling them that I wasn't able to get the same messages or changes in status as you guys are). One of them who applied last year was just contacted by our embassy early July and told him that he got accepted to the first school he LISTED (he indicated 3 universities in his application form, just like everyone else)--- but he didn't make multiple accounts, nor apply directly to the universities he indicated, he just applied through the CSC application form then got notified. The status in his online account never changed as well, it was always "your application has been already submitted" until the end of the application process for last year. The universities never confirmed to him as well, he was told by the three universities he applied for (upon contacting them mid June) to coordinate with the local embassy. It was the embassy here who told him that he got accepted. 

But then again, there are a lot of factors to consider. That guy and I are applying for a one year language program, and I noticed majority of those in this forum are applying for degree programs. Maybe that is a huge factor as well. But then again, I could be wrong. 

There are really a lot of nuances and inconsistencies in the application process, making it more difficult to understand. It could also be a point of relief on the other hand, for it means that the processes and also the feedback maybe different for others.

Good luck to everyone!  :)

I went ahead and contacted my school. According to the person there, they are still looking at applications. They wouldn't tell me anything and said I have to wait until it's posted on their website. JOY!

Hi,

Anyone who applied directly to

1.Nanjing Agricultural University,
2. Fujian Agricultural and forestry university,

3. Donghua university,

4. Huazhong Agricultural University and

5. North East Normal University

Has anyone recieved notification from the above universities? If you have heard from them, Kindly share with me which university has released results.

I applied directly and am waiting for results from them.

Hi guys,

I don't mean to freak anyone out. But I just received an email from tsinghua this morning that states I was approved for the scholarship by the admissions committee. I was nominated in march by the university and did not apply via the embassy.

Here's the contents of the email.

"I was just informed that your full scholarship including full tuition waiver and stipend recommended by The Admissions Committee has been approved. Congratulations!"