Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Applications/Results - 2015

mazi

If you applied directly to the university (masters or phd) and they tell you that you won the CGS, they already know. For direct applicants, the school decides so CSC will have to accept. It's different if you apply through the embassy, it takes a longer time to confirm everything. So you have nothing to worry about @aleksei

If you applied directly to the university (masters or phd) and they tell you that you won the CGS, they already know. For direct applicants, the school decides so CSC will have to accept. It's different if you apply through the embassy, it takes a longer time to confirm everything. So you have nothing to worry about @aleksei

Hey there, anyone heard something from Tianjin Normal University?  I heard results output for TJNU so I sent an email to school and they respond me "we didnt get results yet, keep to wait".  So anyone have idea whats going on? This waiting part killing me nice and slowly :)

By the way, for a friend of mine, He applied to BIT. Today he saw that some people got the result from BIT but university told him also wait to next week.

Lastly, All my teachers had told me that universities want to hold people from diffirent countries. But while checking lists I see only people from Pakistan, is it Pakistan culture year in China? :)  I also realized having HSK not much effect your application, huh?

I don't even mind the waiting.. as someone who applied via embassy, I expect to. I'm more concerned about buying my flight! It's only going to get more expensive.. I've gotten word from my contact at my first choice Uni who basically said so far all is well.. while she cannot advise buying my flight yet, she said I'm *most likely* going to be confirmed. She said she's seen it before where people in my position didn't get it, but usually it was special circumstances.

I'm like.. oooookay... so now I'm like... do I buy my flight now?  I'm going to China no matter what, whether it's to study on scholarship or to teach English.. if nothing else, I take a shorter term course and pay for it. I can probably afford 6mo - 1 year, but it would deplete my savings I worked so hard to get the last 2 years lolol.

I would buy a flight that would allow me to exchange ticket to change the destination.. even with a $100-200 fee... but even after the fee it might be less than waiting until the last minute to buy flight...

decisions.. decisions.. lol

@SuCheng 

i also applied for TJNU (for a one year language program), please keep me posted if you receive or hear of any results. I applied through our Chinese embassy under the CGS-Bilateral Program. I have been contacting TJNU for updates (via phone) since May, and those I spoke to kept telling me that the results will be coming from the CSC directly since they already forwarded my admission materials to them. Like most had already indicated i.e. shuoshuo, those who applied through the CGS-Bilateral program would usually get the results at mid july. 

But have you heard from them since your application, have they contacted you? 

Thanks! 

@lambilyforever

I applied for master dagree. Weeks ago they told me that they are waiting final results from CSC. And yesterday they told me most likely  they will get results next week but these lists not icluding CGS-Bilateral program.  At least I didnt see before. But I heard results output for TJNU but still they told me to wait next week that make me afraid. Many University get results as two parts, not be placed in first list make me afraid :)

@jymox
1. When you applied to SCUT for admission letter, did you ask them to nominate you for CSC scholarship?
Because if you didn't apply to the university to nominate you, then of course they did not nominated you.
No, I didn't specified them to nominate me but the ministry (the Chinese embassy) through which I've applied for the CSC scholarship nominated me and gave me an "award letter for CSC scholarship candidate" and they asked me to look for a pre-admission/admission letter that I will add to my scholarship documents package: what I did!
Then the other option is, you could have applied to the ministry concerned in your country, so that they nominate you and send your documents to CSC. (together with your pre-admission letter)
That means they sent my documents to CSC and I have to wait for their feedback right?

Another concerns:

1 - I specified 3 universities while applying to the ministry concerned in my country but those universities didn't replied when I asked for an admission letter. I tried somewhere else and The one I got (from SCUT) wasn't mentioned in my application. Will it be a problem?

2 - Till when am I supposed to wait for their feedback?

@Haitham Ibrahim, its 3000 for Masters and 3500 for PhD. Yes it is enough considering that just a few months ago it used to be 1700 for Masters and 2000 for PhD yet people used to manage with that.

I hope this helps!

Hey guys. I also applied via Chinese Embassy. After contacting UIBE which is my university of choice, I was informed that they have accepted me as MA student and they have already sent my application documents to CSC. I was advised to contact the embassy but they never respond. My online status still says "currently checking". Is anyone from this group has the same situation? I'm sooo dying to know the final results that directly comes from CSC or the embassy. 

• New Members

Hello everyone! I'm from Kenya and applied to Nanjing Agric. University for masters in food science program. my status at the csc student portal still says 'submitted' . I just found out from a friend at the university that my application was unsuccessful- there is a list of successful applicants at the admissions. I can say i was too hopeful, i dont know if i'll try again next year, but congrats to all those who have been /will be awarded. Cheers!

• New Members

Heya,

So I tried them CGS for XMU for a masters degree and yesterday the results came in 'no scholarship' too bad. Today the XMU new international student scholarships list has been announced and guess what? I've been awarded with a second class scholarship (tuition only) for my masters. Seems they moved me over/like a 2nd draft or something and that with barely other EU students.

Anybody have a clue around what living as in room & food costs per month? Thanks in advance.

@ Mulongo,

Im from kenya too.

I applied to Nanjing Agricultural university but wasn't selected too.

I encourage you to keep trying. Don't give up. Next time apply to many universities. You will have a higher chance if getting selected.

• Like 1

@ stanislasdecourbel,

I think if the documents that were forwarded to CSC by your embassy included your admission letter, then CSC may approve your scholarship.

I am not sure how the absence of SCUT's name on the CSC online application form will affect your application.

It could have been straight forward if you got admission letter from one of the universities mentioned on your online csc form. The embassy will give you feedback soon.

I hope all goes well for you.

@Su Cheng. 

How were you able to get in touch with TJNU, through phone or email? If so, would you please share with me your contact in TJNU. I got in touch with Chenyongjing of the Admission office for international students (+86-22-23540221). 

Also, did I get it right that you recently came across with results regarding the CGS scholarship in TJNU (results output?), would you please also tell me (or provide here a link) where you found these initial results. Thank you in advance!  

After reviewing last year's forum on the CSC scholarship, it was always mentioned that they would usually announce the CGS-BIlateral awardees the latest.