Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

@nvp I would imagine no. The baggage guidelines are determined by the airline. 

A cheaper option than bringing excess baggage may be to ship your extra luggage. If you live near a Chinatown, there will often be a Chinese delivery service that is quite a bit cheaper than other carriers. On the other hand, buying some things in China can be quite cheap depending on where you are from. 

EDIT: Not sure if you're from HK or just having a layover/vacation in HK, so not sure about the options from there!

• Like 1

• New Members

Have any other Americans had their admissions documents sent through EMS? If so have you received them yet? Mine were sent the 23rd with tracking but I haven't received any updates since it supposedly left Tianjin. Starting to fear the worst has happened。

@charis I'm flying with Emirates but Ethopian airlines and South African airways are other options that will get you to China in within 24 hours and they just charge you an arm, not an arm and a leg lol. I didn't have to do and interview so I don't know what they ask.

@charis, I think u Sud use any airline u like while considering affordability. U can visit wakanow.com to check airlines nd their respective charges for ur destination. For d visa interview, I was not asked any question. Didn't spend up to 5mins in there b4 I was given a collection date.

• Like 1

Hi All , have been busy and came back to catch up - missed so many posts  :lol:  :lol:

Just drop by to ask if anyone is going to FUDAN this year, please add me on wechat  ID: missmildly

See you soon!!!

For the sake of future applicants from NIGERIA:

MOFCOM:

I'm 95% sure China's consulate office in Nigeria DON'T deal with ANY scholarship, be it MOFCOM or bilateral.

Its all in the charge of FSB (Federal Scholarship Board).

From research, study and experience of some guys I know, MOFCOM applications are NOT accepted by the ECCO (and not likely the FSB either).

Its best to apply for the CGS (not MOFCOM) through the FSB (they have a yearly exam around March you'll have to pass)

or directly through the university (for postgraduate applicants).

Future Applicants:

--1. READ this thread (2016 and previous years too!). If you do, you place yourself at vantage point and will put forward a very good application.

--2. Make sure to contact the school before even applying. Ask them questions (most times, its best to call) e.g - Is this course english-taught or otherwise; duration of study; etc Don't just swallow the info you read on CSC site about the school's program/courses. CONTACT the school. Mail and CALL.

--3. Postgraduates applicants, try to get a professor from the school in China to write you an acceptance/recommendation letter (not compulsory, but this will drastically increase your chances)

--4 . Prepare a good study plan. Get a good recommendation letter from your profs here in Nigeria (for PG).

--5. Try to notarize your results/degree. Don't leave anything to chance (go to an high court around you. Ikeja High Court has a notary public who stays in the local government service commission compound). You'll have to bargain cost. Be smart. Although there are other guys who'll try to help you get it notarised, you'll have to pay for their service.

--6. Do your medical test in a public hospital. Doing it in a private hospital will mean you have to notarise the form after getting the doctors stamp.

Well, you don't have to do any tests for now. You can give your doctor the form to fill and stamp. However you might have to do the test before you travel (after getting the scholarship). It costs more to do it in China (say 500-700 RMB) compared to Nigeria.

--7. Post your docs to the school at least 3 wks before deadline. It usually takes 10 working days (2 wks) to get to China if you use NIPOST registered (fear not! Your docs will get to its destination). DHL- 3 days but its quite on a high side in cost.

There are some other things I could have typed, but then you can get answers if you READ through the thread.

And yes, don't quit. All things are possible if you really believe.

@Alex Hart

Oh wow well that's a little scary. At least we can move up levels during the semester, I might be a little rusty at first but with a little bit of practice I will totally catch up (in China)!! The textbooks I'm using are Integrated Chinese Level 1 pt 1 and pt 2.

I hope the Subway is cheap in Hangzhou :D  I've definitely worried about that, being scammed by a cab because really how are we to know what they should be charging? 

LOL I definitely will make sure to bring money with me but that's a little bit worrying. I'm just going to pray everything goes according to plans!  :D  :D

@ ALL

My apologies to the general house on the delay with updating new success stories on the list and to all who have tried reaching me for the past 2 - 3 days and could not. I went to my village to spend some time honouring and celebrating my old parents in their late 80s. They are doing well and are very excited about our successes. They prayed prayers of the elders for us. Our future is bright and we shall make a lot of difference in our various countries and nations.

Cheers ladies and gentlemen.