Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

@Chris Two Times

I got the same response as you from BeiDa. For Tsinghua I applied through the visiting portal and then emailed asking what I needed to amend, and they told me again that there are no CSC positions at Tsinghua. So!

I put my top three choices as:

Sichuan University
Tsinghua University
Beijing Normal University

and am now hoping to be in Beijing.

@trocadero

Thanks for the well wishes! I'll be calling soon :)

@yaozilan: I have also decided to apply to my university of choice directly. What is the status on the laihua website? For me it says "currently checking". I think this means the university reviewed my application and that I passed the selection process. They then sent the application to the CSC... So basically I guess it's like an award letter. Can't wait for the final results...

@aymen: I think that status won't change anymore on the laihua website. In my case, our University has just sent a list, today, with the names of the "candidates" for CSC. I assume this means they will send the papers of those students to CSC. However, I am not certain what criteria CSC takes into account to approve or reject students of that list? I don't know either if there is a way to know the quota for the University?

Does anyone have an idea?

This is the email I received:

Hi guys! Congratulations ! Now I would like to inform you that you have been selected the candidates of Nankai university! You have the chance to compete for the final scholarship of csc. The final list will be out in the end of June and it will be a long time for you to wait.

Nerve racking!

Unlike most of you, I applied directly to the school rather than through my country's consulate. I called last night but was informed that the only status updates would be 1) when I complete all my documents (they rejected one of them, which I have just emailed to them.) 2) if I get in (or not), which I will not be informed about until mid-July. 

Rather baffled about the document rejection. They required me to send them the "Proof of Graduation" form (预毕业证明), which I had told them previously my school does not issue until I actually graduate (in a month). They OK'd it then, and now said that they required it regardless of whether my school issues it or not. I sent them an unnotorized "degree audit" showing that I had no requirements left before graduation. Hopefully, they will take that.

@yaozi: I'm not sure that we can be certain, but I believe the selection criteria is (like Torreno said) GPA, prestige of your university, publications, awards and country of origin. 

Edit: I just checked - they accepted my new documents. Now to wait for July! :wall

I get it.. I only asked because at many places they just look at the fact that you have finished a college degree. If GPA was decisive, I would have gotten anywhere without problem, with 98%  LOL

As for the country of origin I have also heard that, but I am not sure how exactly this works. For the university I chose, I am pretty much the only Mexican on the list (there is 1 more that might me Mexican or some other latin country)... I hope they look at the full package and I hope it convinces them... Someone out there once told me that the university is the one to decide their students and not CSC when you apply through this program, so the list they send is only for CSC to "approve", and to check if there is some duplicated applications from students who maybe applied to another university, etc... But again, no idea how many seats for this program for the university there are...

Wow, I've just received my pre-admission letter. Problem is: they have made a mistake on it.

''... has been accepted as a Master student in Enterprise Management from September 2016 to July 2019...''

The guy totally didn't care about the fact that I need to raise my HSK level (from 4 to 5+) and that it takes at least a year. (The MA is 3-year long).

Gosh, is there something I don't understand forum?

@yaozi: I'm not sure how we could find out! I can't remember the exact number, but I believe ZheDa told me there were around 200 spots available. I was also told last night that there are a lot of applicants. Does that mean 200, 250, 500, 1,000? Unfortunately, no clue! 

@Breaknet: When doing the application, did you write down that you were applying to start the MA a year later (September, 2017) and also write down that you required a year of language study beforehand (beginning on September, 2016)?

• New Members

Hi everyone please I need your help.

I am currently in an university in China and when I made my application for EU Window I only put this university in my wishes but I stupidly forget to put other universities from the same city...

The thing is I really got used to this city and I have a girlfriend, friends here so I would like to know if there's any way I can resolve this situation? My parents already sent the paper to the Embassy. :(

Thank you.

@金妙漪

I went back yesterday and attempted to re-apply online on Tsinghua's Visiting Student portal but after I hit submit I got a message to the effect of "applicant is unqualified to apply". I went back and tried it again and again, but no success, so I was like "screw them!"  :-?  :x  :lol:  8)

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

Kartini Pesiwarissa

Hi Everyone,

I am from Indonesia. This year I have applied to two universities, East Chine Normal University and Zhejiang Normal University. I have checked my application at CSC online application and my application's status to Zhejiang Normal University has changed to " The application is currenty Checking . " 

I have contacted to Zhejiang Normal University to ask about the university selection process and the admission officer suggested me to wait until June for the final result because my application is on the processing. 

Is there anyone here facing the same situation ? What does the status means ? 

Regads,

Kartini

Kartini Pesiwarissa

@breaknet : I was at the same situation. I got the pre-admission letter from Zhejiang Normal University and at first I thought they made the same mistake with yours, but it takes only 2Years for the master degree for the major that I applied. You should reconfirm it back to the university and they supposed to help you. 

Regads,

Kartini

• Like 1

@yaozilan

I have applied for a 2-year Master's with 1-year preparatory Chinese course, all at the same Uni, Nankai, which is not one of the top unis.

That depends on what your definition of "top" is. Nankai is both a Project 985 and 211 university (985 > 211 and there are only 39 Project 985 universities in China). I do believe that Nankai does enjoy a very good reputation among the Chinese. Premier Zhou Enlai studied there which elevates it to a special place in many people's eyes.

The campus is nice enough. I visited it over the October National Day holiday period. Attached is a photo that I took of the on-campus Zhou Enlai statue.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

post-56349-0-56662700-1461754762_thumb.jpg

@Chris Two Times

Sorry I didn't speak myself out clearly, I did mean the 10 universities listed on the CSC's website for preparatory Chinese classes as @aymen mentions. Somebody mentioned that the preparatory chinese courses had to be taken in one of those for both Masters and Undergraduate, I was just trying to point out that I think it is only for undergraduate.

As for Nankai, yeah, it is a really great place, that's why it is the one and only Uni I applied to =) Thanks for sharing that pic! Sadly they have a new campus in the outskirts of town, so I won't be enjoying any big trees and historic feels around :( I will be visiting the Balitai campus now and then though :D

Wish you all the best, and hope to see some of you in China this autumn!

• Like 1

@Chris Two Times

What insanity! It feels like being in a maze.

I emailed Peking U back saying that I already HAD applied for the CSC and got it and was just asking for a pre-admission letter and they emailed me back: 

Dear student,
Thank you for your letter!
We are sorry to tell you the application for PKU under CGS has been closed on April 25th.So we recommend you contact the Embassy directly.
Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. 

And my initial email to them was before the 25th ahhaha. So I guess the only way in really is to apply to them directly beforehand or to put them in your top three and pray/send out vibes into the universe that you get placed there. Woooo.

Maybe I'll try talking to the embassy officials.

@yaozilan @aymen

Got it. You see how I misunderstood that based on the original wording of the message. Yeah, based on the website, those ten institutions for prerequisite work are for undergraduates, indeed.

@yaozilan

Oh! Being on the outskirts of town...at least you would have a chance to visit the old campus every now and then. Continued good luck in this application process!

@金妙漪

It really is a bad comedy, and we got selected for roles! I really don't want to play the part though.

Well, when the Embassy passes the papers onward to the universities we will see what ultimately comes of that. I shall remain patient with it all.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

• Like 1

Received the message from university among with like almost everyone that we were not accepted :D For my case I even know the reason to be honest: I dont even have the high school diploma yet, cause I am graduating in June.

Still signed for province scholarship, will try that. Seems like I am going tru the hard way then with one paid year in China :P

And yeah, for anyone who is interested: on csc site it says that form has been sumbitted and nothing more