Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

@i.carranza

You need to contact ur embassy. Someone from 2015 thread told that his application documents were about 30 pages and the embassy was ok with it.

Thank you for the reference

Enviado desde mi SM-G900F mediante Tapatalk

My documents last year were around 30+, this year it's the same situation (probably more since I included other stuff like IELTS, and paper abstracts)

Oh so I'm guessing 26 pages should not be a problem. Thanks

Enviado desde mi SM-G900F mediante Tapatalk

Breaknet, on 17 Apr 2016 - 7:03 PM, said:

snapback.png

If you read carefully, the medical examination isn't required prior to the admission.

Are you talking about the bilateral program ? I'm not sure we are on the same page

Personally, I did apply for the CSC government scholarship.

• New Members

Hello, i'd like to ask a quick question. its about the 2sets document that must be mailed to the univesity.

i confused whether i have to send the original recommendation letters or just the photocopy of the recommendation letter. and the bachelor's degree certificate, i have already photocopy the original certificate and Notarized it. So Do i have to send the photocopy bachelor's degree with Notarized OR after i notarized the certificate, i have to photocopy it again then send it (PHOTOCOPY of the copy certificate with notarized),,

do you get what i meant?

please help me with this case.. because i had a limited notarized copy of bachelor degree and notarized copy of transcrip. so its very valuable for me.

thanks before

@meliav

The embassies guidelines are somewhat vague, and the wording makes it even more confusing. For example, my embassy's guidelines says "Notarized highest diploma (photocopy)... it is not clear whether I should notarize the original document or just make a photocopy and notarize it. In some other countries guidelines it is more clear "Notarized photocopy of highest diploma". Besides, I don't even know what they really mean when they ask for a notarization. Is it the university stamp ? Is it my local administration's stamp, to prove the photocopy is legit ? Or is it the seal of my country's foreign affairs ministry (yes, you can have the ministry's seal to prove the authenticity of the document). In my country you can even go as far as getting the ministry's seal and then get the chinese embassy official sticker. 

My documents have all been authentified by the ministry and the chinese embassy, but I couldn't do it for every photocopy: it would have cost me hundred of dollars and I can't afford it. So what I did was to get the photocopies of the notarized diploma and transcripts + photocopies of the notarized translations. To be more sure that it would work I also asked my university to stamp the photocopies of my diploma and transcripts. 

I already asked my embassy but I couldn't get a response, unfortunately.

• Like 1

I don't want to berude to anyone, but one of my friend received his CSC grant in 2012 (for a MA degree) while not having completed his BA.

Consequently, in my opinion you may send a decent photocopy of your diploma: it should do the trick ;)

• New Members

@Lolo

thanks for your explanation.

please help me with this one too..

let say i used my photocopy of the notarized diploma.

To make it simple : the photocopy of the notarized diploma (the wet stamp is BLUE)

So if i PHOTOCOPY again the photocopy of the notarized diploma (the stamp become BLACK, since its a black white photocopy)

i confused with the "word" 2 sets.. let say its Set A amd Set B

Do i neee to give the Exactly the same for Set A and Set B (like Example 1) OR all i need to do just Photocopy all Set A documents (like Example 2)

EXAMPLE 1:

SET A:

the photocopy of the notarized diploma (the wet stamp is BLUE)

Two Original Recommendation letters

SET B

the photocopy of the notarized diploma (the wet stamp is BLUE)

OR

EXAMPLE 2 :

SET A:

the photocopy of the notarized diploma (the wet stamp is Blue)

SET B ( PHOTOCOPY of SET A)

PHOTOCOPY the photocopy of the notarized diploma (the stamp is become BLACK, since its a black white photocopy)

PHOTOCOPY of Two Recommendation letters

which one between example 1 and example 2 that you guys send to the designed university?

Thanks

Good luck to everyone still preparing their applications.

I'm really happy today because Tsinghua emailed my pre-admission notice for the MA program I applied to! An entire 2 weeks earlier than the date that my department said they'd announce the results! I'm so chuffed :D Below is the first part of the email (which seems to be pretty standard)

Congratulations! Your application for Global Business Journalism Program of Tsinghua University has been successful. We are delighted to inform that you are pre-admitted by Tsinghua University in the coming academic year 2016.

The official admission letter as well as the outcome of scholarship, and visa application form will be sent to you after the final administrative approval by the University Admission Committee. The detailed information regarding registration and accommodation will be sent along with the admission letter. The official admission package will be issued around June. This is just the conditional admission letter, the final admission result will be announced around June.

One part over, now the next part is to wait patiently for the scholarship results...

• Like 1

@majid01 @TyO @anyonewithknowledge

I just got my letter from the US embassy as well saying that I've been awarded the Chinese Government Scholarship "candidacy" and to contact the universities I want to attend for a pre-admission letter. Are you just going to literally email the universities and be like "Hey, can I come?" like, how does this work exactly. Am I right to assume that the universities I put as my top choices on my application have actually received a copy of my application and know who the heck I am and have some sort of basis to go off of as to whether or not they want me?

Thank youuu!!! <3 :* 

@金妙漪

That is exactly how you do it. You send an email to some universities, explaining who you are, what you are applying for etc. I did include some attachments, like diploma, recommendation letters, award letter. If you receive a pre-admission letter, then you do the online application and put that uni on top of your list, where you'd like to study and provided you with an acceptance letter. 

Hello everyone!

A friend of mine asked me to help me ask a few questions here, as he doesn't speak English.

He wants to apply to MOFCOM scholarship, there are only a few days left before the deadline (30th of April)

- He is 23 and wants to apply for a master's degree in International Business or an International MBA

- He graduated from a Bachelor's Degree diploma in Shandong University a year ago (he was a self-supported student during the whole length of his studies there)

- He has a new HSK5 certificate (but doesn't speak English).

His questions are :

1) As right now he is in China and there are only a few days left before the deadline, can he pass the Foreigner Physical Examination here in China, at the Provincial Center for Physical Examination instead of back home? (these centers Chinese universities sometimes send us back to make a new examination in order to get the residence permit)

2) As there are only a few days left, is it better to send the electronic version of all the documents required to his family and make them print it and send it to the Chinese Embassy in his country, or it is also possible to go directly to the Embassy and give them hand to hand?

3) Should he contact the universities he is interested in, or wait to get an answer to know if he was awarded a scholarship or not?

4) This year he actually started to study a master's degree on a provincial scholarship, but as it is the first year this university gets foreign students, they totally messed up with the organization and he ended without marks in spite of having passed all the exams, and with no classes planned for this semester!! He is very disappointed with this university and angry to have lost a year. Do you think this experience would have a negative effect on his application to MOFCOM? I guess if he doesn't mention it, they won't know either... what do you think?

Thank you so much in advance, and good luck to all of you for your applications!

金妙漪,

I am in the same boat. I received an "Award Letter for Chinese Government Scholarship Candidate" in my email inbox on Monday. I was surprised by how relatively quick and straightforward it was to receive that email.

Now I am "looking" for university programs to send this to. I write "looking" because I followed up with my first choice university program and they are now telling me that they don't sponsor scholarships for language program students even though I checked with them and their website previously and they originally indicated the contrary. My second choice does sponsor the scholarship, but just for one semester.

I am submitting online applications to my first two choices now and I will also visit their offices for face-to-face meetings on Monday (I live in Beijing). I want to get to the bottom of all of this and have this "nailed down" as soon as possible.

I had similar questions as you. If my first choice now says "no", can I get a pre-admission letter from a university that was not originally among my top three and then submit that to the Embassy?

My plan is to follow up with some universities that initially told me "no" (so I didn't include them in my top three). Maybe now they will say "yes"?  :D

And so it goes...

Continued good luck to all!

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

• Like 1

@Chris two times

In theory, yes. Pre-admission letter trumps top three choices. Say I'm the CSC officer. When I see that your application package has a pre-admission letter, I automatically forward your application package to that university for confirmation, regardless of what universities you listed as top three in your CSC application form. 

BUT, just to be safe, if you still have time (and if your docs are still with the embassy), you can quickly obtain a pre-admission letter (I know some universities who provide this fast, less than a week if you really coordinate with them,) then make the changes in your online account, then coordinate with your embassy regarding this (perhaps have them print you your new CSC app form, or let you attach a short notice about your specific situation). But with or without this (I'm just OC as that) I think you will be okay as long as you obtain a pre-admission letter. Again I reiterate, obtaining one prompts the CSC office to send your package directly to that uni, regardless of your initial top three. I had an almost similar problem once (worried that my pre-admission letter will not be noticed since the uni is my third choice only) where CSC official told me that they will automatically look at PLs. 

try looking at "normal universities" or "foreign language universities" for the best (and quick) options. Also, I suggest obtaining from good universities in Beijing, Tianjin, Hebei, Harbin, Jiangsu, Shananxi-- I'll try to avoid Shanghai, and the south provinces given their dialects. Just a suggestion. 

• Like 1

Seems people that applied to the embassy are getting award letters already!? I applied to the Chinese Consulate in Los Angeles (My university forwarded my application to them). I hope they have a different process! I was told we wouldn't hear back till around June/July!

@Sula, thank you! I got the email notification from the department, not the ISO. Since I applied quite late, I probably missed out on scholarship nominations by Tsinghua. Hopefully I'll still get in through the Embassy here in NZ.

• New Members

If I got the award letter and the pre-admission letter is from my 3rd choices of preferred university,is it possible to get 1st or 2nd choices of preferred university even though I got pre-admission letter from 3rd choices??