Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

• New Members

@aymen: Strange - I met some people at 川大 who were there on the CSC (I went for a summer program). It's actually how I found out about it myself. But that 2 years ago now, so perhaps they stopped accepting language students.

They seem to still be accepting. I just applied and got a pre-admission letter from 川大 as a language student.

I don't know much about the deadline, but for me in Los Angeles it was the end of March. You might wanna contact the CSC to ask if you can apply a month late.

• Like 1

Hi @samrat,

Your best bet at this point is to contact the school who said they would accept you and see what they say about you applying late. Get all your paperwork in order and send it over as soon as you can, they might have a later internal deadline or something. We in this forum don't have a lot of hard answers on what can and cannot be done with the scholarship or dates or even how it works so contacting the school directly is the best way to get answers.

If there was a second semester intake, it would begin in February after Chinese New Year. I think only specific universities take students for the second semester and only for specific programs, you should email the universities whose program you would like to join and see if they accept second semester students. I kind of doubt that it happens often, if at all, but I feel like it will be worth it to you to try from your story!

• Like 1

Calling the school involved is the surest answer. However, the general rule is that the application should be from January to April. This is to enable CSC do their processing and selection before returning the documents of the approved candidates to the dispatching authorities (School or embassy). These processes are timed because many people are involved. Give it a trial. It shouldn't hurt.

• Like 1

• New Members

So I was accepted into a PhD program at university in Beijing.  My application was (and admission letter) was sent to CSC.  From what I've read, you have to wait for the the JW201 form to be mailed to you. Does anyone know if the destination address can be changed?  If it turns out that they don't send me the JW201 visa form before the very end of June, I won't even be in the country to receive it (I'll be vacation in Ireland around that time).  Perhaps, I could contact the Chinese embassy in Dublin, Ireland if I receive word that I've been approved for the the CSC? Anyone been through this process?  Thanks!

Ahhhh. Just got a message from my university. They explained the situation. Who sings for masters degree has the priority in csc scholarship, so I am in the middle for it. But for the province scholarship, I have the high chance to be chosen. Fingers crossed and waiting for July.. Good luck everyone!

Hi everyone,

I'm Antsa from Madagascar.

This is my first time posting here. I am realky grateful for every contributor of this forum since it is one of the way I keep track of my scholarship application. I applied for a master program in international law through the bilateral program and have been chosen by the embassy as one of their candidate. My laihua profile shows that my application is currently checking. So i guess that means it have been forwarded to csc in Beijing isn't it? I

I had some problem with my application since the embassy sent my award letter too late (27 April) so I didn't get any pre admission letter from my chosen uni which all have deadline mid april ( hebei university of economics and business, Zhongnan university, Lanzhou uni ). My question: will CSC send my application to my unies of choice only or to any Chinese university with international law programming if I didn't get any more admission letter?

So far, still praying to get the scholarship, waiting for July with crossed fingers, and browsing internet for cheap flights (and working like hell to get the money for the flight). Madagascar-beijing flights cost around US$1200

@ Antsa From what I understand, CSC sends your application to each university you listed (in order) until one accepts you. If non of your choices accept you then you may be rejected from the scholarship or placed in another university in a different/related program. CSC will not give you an option and you will have to go where they send you or reject the scholarship. If you had managed to get the admission letter to CSC then I think you are automatically placed there.

Also forgot to mention that the "Currently Checking" status is a good sign. It apparently means that one of the universities you chose has looked at your application and sent something to the CSC. People think that it is more relevant to applicants who applied to the CSC and not directly to the school. I should also mention that people who have not gotten that status change have still gotten in, I guess it just depends on if the university is too lazy to update the status.

Daaaaaaaaamn!!! From here in the U.S that's the price of a round trip right now. I'm still saving up money too, so I can travel to neighboring countries while I am in China. 

I've never been on a 16+ hour flight, so I am pretty scared lol! I actually think that I am more afraid of the flight to Beijing and getting to the university than I am of being in China for a while.

• Like 1

@Cantabile thank you for your reply, now i'm not very reassured about my chance to get the scholarship with that thing with the pre admission letter. I sent a mail to HUEB to explain my situation last Friday , they asked me to send my application, physical exam and transcript. Still no reply.

I also asked my uncle who work with Chinese embassy here in Madagascar and he told me thatthat according to his ccontact most of the candidate recommended by the embassy here got the scholarship. Sooo relying on that piece of information and keeping the faith.

Good luck everyone.

@Cantabile it will be my first long flight too. I checked the flight duration Wow. The cheapest one is 43h looool. 2 days on a plane (2 stop over with minimum 8hours wait) for 900$ . well I guess I'll have to work for the 1200$ flight . I think I will not stand a 43h flight. I'll get mad.

Kizozo,

Greetings.

I applied Masters of Civil Engineering under CSC and MOFCOM scholarship, and fortunately I nominated by University I applied to CSC, My question is that while I am waiting for the MOFCOM results which will be announced soon, I want to know the difference betweeen these two scholarship.

With regards.

You sent that exact same message to me as a private message and I gave you an answer. It is best that you search for the answer on your own on that website link that I passed on to you.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times