Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

@Ele176 

The Lithuanian embassy in Beijing told me that they every year have a few unallocated places left due to the low number of applicants (lucky me :D ). They told me that they are not the ones making the final decision nor they get to see the details of the applicants. However, it indicates that each country does have a certain number allocated, which would make sense.

Sure, let's keep in touch :) Which Unis did you choose?

Hey guys,

As I can understand most of you are applying through embassy, but I am applying directly to universities.

I have a question, I have chosen 6 or 7 universities and 2 of them (Dongbei University of Finance and Economics & Dalian University of Technology) have nominated me as a candidate while 1 (Dalian Maritime University) has placed me in their waiting list. And I am waiting for the rest to inform me their decision.

I wanted to ask you people, if anyone know how will it be decided (if I get the scholarship) which university I go to? Almost all the universities have replied that result will be out in June and the wait is just too hard.

Thanks.

@pnfha5

I am not certain about what I am about to say, but it is what I have read here and there, and what I understand on the matter.

As far as I know, you can only fill in 3 universities on your application form (choosing the agency number for your first choice university and putting in 2 additional universities as your second and third choices), you can apply to those three universities with that form and wait for their results. The one who sends your papers to CSC first and is approved by CSC will be the one where you are placed, no matter which of your number choice it is, even if the other two also send your papers to CSC they will cancel those, since you will already be placed in a university.

If you fill out different application forms with the same passport number (but different universities and agency numbers on the application paper), if more than one gets to CSC they might disqualify your application when they realize there is more than one application paper with your data on it. (I am not sure of this, but I have read it somewhere, since this makes competition kind of unfair and dishonest).

In any case, even if you application is not disqualified, I believe that the one that gets first to CSC is the one where you will be placed. And yeah, the wait is long, but the results actually will be issued in June, we can only be patient.

Wish you luck! (And someone correct me please if I am wrong on some of the points mentioned!)

Violeta

@pnfha Somebody else on this thread said that people who sent applications using two different methods, e.g. EU and Bi-lateral, would be disqualified. As far as I remember, that was never confirmed by somebody who asked the CSC. Given the risk of being disqualified from all universities, I would directly contact the CSC people if possible. If not, contact the universities and ask them.

I would note that even if you apply direct, you should have done the CSC application alongside the university applications. Correct? If so, you would have had only three spots (first, second, third choice) for your universities on that form. Did you do a separate CSC app for each university?

I think I've read that the CSC sends your application to each university in order (if the first rejects you then it goes to the second) of your choice. If none accept you then you are screwed or you might end up in some other school/program not of your choice. At least I think this is how it's done. If you have already been accepted by the university the CSC will automatically place you there (if you sent the acceptance letter with the application). 

Who knows! The CSC is a mysterious organization veiled in secrecy!  :twisted:

I just want it to be June already and see everyone's posts about where they are going! 

I just want it to be June already and see everyone's posts about where they are going! 

I agree! Well, May is right around the corner, and then so too will June. Waiting, waiting, and then it will be upon us.

Good luck and patience for all for now!

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

@Cantabile: I believe that is indeed how it works for those who applied through the consulate, but pnfha applied directly to the universities (as did I). 

EDIT: Yes! I'm also anxious. However, the school told me that applications would be out at the earliest in June, but more likely in July. 

Yeah, good thing I have been super busy with work these days/daze and it looks like I will be until July--perfect timing, takes my mind off of all of this and preoccupies me right up to announcement time.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

Hello people, 

3 questions:

Assuming that you get the scholarship.

Are you all going to buy a one-way ticket? (since most of the flight agencies won't let you book the trip back more than 3 months ahead).

To the ones who have been awarded before, when (June, July, August) did you get the official notice about being being awarded with the scholarship?

Also to previous awardees, when did you book your flight for? One week before classes, few days before classes. If classes start on Sept 12, when would you book your flight for?

Regards

@I.carranza

Definitely one-way ticket but not depending on the day when classes start. Universities usually have registration period and you have to register within those days.

"Scholarship will not be reserved if the scholarship recipient cannot register before the registration deadline."

@I.carranza

Agree with @LaszloBalogh. The registration is earlier as you have to do quite a few things before starting classes, like opening bank account, having medical checkup, getting residence permit.

One way ticket, or return with open date.

@EVERYONE and Pnfha5 in particular

It is clearly and authoritatively allowed to apply through more than one dispatching authority. One could apply through Chinese Embassy in one's country and also directly through any number of Chinese Universities one wants. There is no disqualification for such. CSC allows that, it just increases your chances of being taken by one of the dispatching authorities.

However, CSC reserves the right to choose which school to send a CSC scholarship candidate to, depending on suitability of the course the individual intends to study and the availability of tutors/suitable programs in those schools. Follow this web address http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina/newsdetailen.aspx?cid=66&id=1448 and find the 11th item on the 13-item list provided by CSC. It reads thus and I quote

"11. I want to apply for University Postgraduate Program Scholarship. Can I apply to more than one university?

Yes, however an applicant can only be awarded with scholarship to study at one university. If an applicant is admitted by more than one university,

CSC reserves the right to decide which university the applicant should attend."

In principle, a candidate cannot oppose the decision of CSC, however, I believe that once one is on ground in the University one is posted to, anything is possible with correct communication skills and strong scientific thoughts. This also depends on what you can do with your supervisor.

No fears my people!

It shall be well with us all as we wait for good news for all.

Love you all.

@Rytis95

I thought each country had a certain number of scholarships only for the Bilateral program! The Italian embassy didn't know so much about the EU Window ahah so I thought the EU only offers 137 scholarships in general. Well, if it's as you heard, I hope not many Italians have applied for this scholarship :D

Btw, l applied for a one-year Chinese language course and the universities I chose are all in Beijing (1. BLCU, 2. Beijing Normal University, 3. Peking University). What about you?

Guys, be aware when you apply trough your wanted university and you want to get a scholarship when you dont know chinese, I doublechecked my university scholarship webpage and found that:

Applicants must provide the Academic Transcript of HSK issued byChineseHanban. Those

without the basis of Chinese or under the HSK (Level V) shouldapply for learning Chinese for one year, and apply for scholarships during their Chinese language studies.

@Torreno: actually it depends on the university as well... I called and explained my situation and motivation and they seemed to be ok with it. My knowledge of Chinese is very limited (HSK 2).