Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

Oh fuck, sorry to hear that... You've only applied to the university of your choice right? Hope you can find a backup plan.

If your status has been stuck on "been submitted", it validates what I was saying earlier. I think it's a good sign if it says "currently checking", as you have passed the selection process and they forwarded your documents to the CSC for the final decision (probably going through the documents and available slots they have for the year).

Yep, I sent my documents to the them. I do have 2 another universities in application but I dont know if they sent it futher. I am sorry to inform you that you fail to get the CSC scholarship in our school ,that what they say in email.

Clef-ment,

Contact (call) the embassy directly and see what they can do. Make them aware of this change.

I also have a slight change from my initial CSC online application that I printed out and submitted to the Chinese Embassy in my home country.

I received an Award Letter from my Embassy that I then presented to a university--that university then did give me a Pre-admissions Letter; however, that university is not one of my three originally chosen universities on my application. I need to contact (call) the Embassy to double-check that my application is in order and that this Pre-admissions Letter that I have in my hand can/will be honored.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

Dear friends,

If two Universities send the same person's details to CSC for scholarship placement, what is that likely to cause? My status has read checking on csc website for one of the Universities.

I appreciate the level of openness and help that forum members provide on this forum. It is more like family meeting on this global village. Education is the force of the future. Let us press on.

I have a very serious case here.

I think only people who are already in China may be able to help me with this. Anyone with useful information will be appreciated.

With the responses I am getting from my school, I have a strong mind that I will be in Shanghai come this September to begin my PhD studies.

I am planning to bring my 3 year old son to start school in China because I want him to imbibe the culture of productivity and individual child participation in China.

I am coming for Ph.D studies. I will be getting 3500 RMB per month. I am very conservative in spending. I will have medical insurance and accommodation sorted out by other the scholarship. The 3500 RMB is supposed to be for nothing else but feeding and any other personal matter excluding anything that has to do with expenditure linked to my studies since the scholarship covers it.

Please advise me, could I sustain myself and my little son with 3500 RMB every month, I'd have to pay his fees in school, I don't know anything else I may need to spend on.

Your advice will help me make a decision quickly.

@ELIJAH

I can't answer your first question, because no one has the answers.

However, for the last one, the scholarship covers accommodation in a shared room in University dorms. Thus your child would not be permitted to live there. You would have to rent an apartment outside the campus and, depending where you are planning to live, most likely the subsidy is not going to cover the costs. Furthermore, international schools are very expensive and your child will definitely not study for free.

• Like 1

@ELIJAH

The scholarship stipend was originally meant for students living with very simple needs (aka single and childless). However, you may verify with a local language institution if you could give English or foreign language courses over there.

However, keep in mind that the cost of living in Shanghai is pretty close to Western levels and 3500 RMB remains fairly low (around 500 USD). Consequently, it is definitely manageable for one person to live on those revenues (considering that the accommodation is provided), but it will be probably too scarce for an adult and a child.

@Rytis95

Me and my friend applied for CSC-EU Window and our status is still "submitted", but the office in Brussels received our application packages only last week, so I think it's early now. When did you send your documents?

@ELIJAH

Hey,

You need to confirm your accomodation type with university. Sometimes they provide a small flat for phd students to live with a family. Depends on university.

The cost in Shanghai is very high, i am affraid you will not be able to support both of you if you want your son to attend english school.

Again, contact the university and try to ask them if they have childcare or preliminary school nearby and etc..

Most of us applicants are undergraduate and masters schoolars, so I am affraid you will not find much help here. Maybe you can search in internet about english schools in shanghai and their cost. Not sure.

All the best gor you and your son.

• Like 1

@Rytis95 

I applied directly through the University and I submitted my documents Feb. 22, 2016. My school confirmed that I was successful at the school level and my documents have been forwarded to the CSC.

@Breaknet

Thank you so much for your concern. I find your advice very helpful and someone else has just given another very insightful input. Many perspectives are coming to bear.

@Ele176

I applied directly through the University and I submitted my documents Feb. 22, 2016. My school confirmed that I was successful at the school level and my documents have been forwarded to the CSC.

@Sula

Thank you so much. Your post has just given me a fresh hope, seeing that the accommodation types could be different for different schools. I will contact them on that and also the matter of availability of care schools around. Thanks once again.

@Sula

I am also making efforts on getting information from other sources like talking to my Supervisor over there. I hope to find the differences between Chinese and English schools. Thanks again

@Ele176

I sent my documents via TNT and it arrived on April 3'rd, if I remember correctly. It still shows that it only has been submitted. I will let you know how it goes.

Btw, which country are you applying from? I've heard that they give each European country a certain number of places. I guess I won't find any Lithuanians here, haha

Regards,

Rytis.

However, for the last one, the scholarship covers accommodation in a shared room in University dorms.

Agreed, ditto what Sula said--check directly with your institution on this.

I believe the scholarship would provide a single room for doctorate students, shared room for all others (Master's, Bachelor's, and language students)--it's something to check.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

@Rytis95

I've never heard anything about it! Where did you read it?

Me and my friend are applying from Italy! :)

Let's keep in touch! We haven't found many people applying for the EU Window scholarship on this forum :D it seems most people are applying for the Bilateral program!