Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

I just talked to the person in the embassy who sent the application...he said my scholarship is already approved...I don't get it...I'm more confused now...he said that my duplicated application was rejected...I'm never submitted the other application in the original account (the message appeared in the second account in which I did submit the application)

Enviado desde mi SM-G900F mediante Tapatalk

I'm not sure. I just texted him asking how does he knows that my other application was approved...he said: "because I approved it myself" ....more confusion

I would be a bit more clear than that, and say specifically your concern. For example, if you sent in application A and application B, but application A had mistakes and application B was the revised one, did they accept A or B? 

In my case application B was fully filled out and submitted (application B was denied for being a duplicate) in the apparent application "A" (which I never submitted) I filled out some basic information but never really finished the application...based on what he told me...application A was (somehow) approved by him. Sorry if I'm not clear enough but I'm also very confused right now

Hmmm that is strange! Shouldn't application B have been the one to be submitted because that's the one you send in with the rest of the physical documents? 

I wonder if you were somehow able to log into the first application if the status would be any different.

Hmmm that is strange! Should application B have been the one to be submitted because that's the one you send in with the rest of the physical documents?

Exactly!!! really strange

Yes, sorry, I didn't mean that you were unclear here, but rather that you should tell them that the application they accepted (if it was application A) was the wrong one if and only if that application had mistakes. If it was largely the same, I'm not sure I would start the trouble of changing it. 

I have received one.

I simply went in person to the International Students Office of the Beijing university where I am based and I asked for one. To get it, I showed them my business card first and then the Award Letter from the Chinese Embassy in my home country. The representative replied positively to me and told me to apply online to this particular university and to email to her pdfs of my transcripts, my highest diploma, and the first page of my passport. I did all of that on that very evening of my visit.

She drafted a pre-admissions letter (on a Saturday no less!) and emailed it to me the very next day after my visit.

While you may not be able to visit a Chinese university office in person to get something, the point is to work as directly as you can with university representatives: phone calls are much better than emails.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

I have received one  from a university in Beijing too.

The university web site has an option for applying to master programs in english as an applicant for chinese government. I applied in that way, i submitted all the requirements and send all to the person in charge of the school I was interested in by mail, but for evaluating by candidature I had too pay some fees. After doing this they replied to wait for one to two weeks and then they send me pre admission notice scanned. With this letter, I applied to CGS. Anyway, I also called several times to the School to show my interest in the admission process but also I called them beacuse I wanted to know if the university could give me a discount on the fees, so they send me a very good offer for my master studies if I don't get the scholarship I will study as a self supported with that offer. 

I also applied to another university through Shanghai Gov Scholarship, but in that case I did't get any pre admission letter.

Good Luck.

Hi Guys, one question. Do you know if you win the schoolarship - how and when you will get the monthly rate? (and even if you are in holidays or leaving china earlier than the regular to years of the masters). 

Hello everyone! I received a letter from my local Chinese embassy stating that I am a candidate for the Chinese Government Scholarship. I sent a pre-admission letter in with my application as well. Do I just have to wait for a final response from my embassy now?

MarionGuth,

Good question! I was wondering about that too. I found the following on a China Scholarship Council webpage:

Stipend:

Undergraduate students: CNY 2,500 per month;

Master’s students/general scholars: CNY 3,000 per month;

Doctoral students/senior scholars: CNY 3,500 per month.

Within the scholarship duration, registered scholarship students will receive a stipend from their host university each month. Students registering on or before the 15th of the month will receive a full stipend of that month. Those who register after the 15th of the month will receive a half stipend of that month. Graduating students will receive stipend until half month after the graduation date. If registered student stays out of China for more than 15 days due to a personal reason (school holidays excluded), his stipend will be stopped during his leaving.

http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua/scholarshipdetailen.aspx?cid=97&id=2070

Based on this, perhaps one would receive half a monthly stipend for July as presumably we would finish our studies by July 15th, but maybe we would still get a full month for July anyway ("half month after the graduation date")? This would be something to check with your host university.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

This wait is killing me... I want to know the results ! still 2 months to go...

haha I know that feeling...I'm really anxious, other applicants in my country assure me that it's a fact that we already obtained the scholarship while others say that we have 99% of chances to get it but I'm very skeptical almost pessimistic...I currently work in 2 jobs, almost 16 hours working every day to save money for the ticket and other spendings. I really need to know if I'm going to get it...all this overtime is killing me slowly D:

Same for me... I hear here and there that plenty of people get the scolarship, but I've literally never met french people who got the scolarship... I know they exist, but I don't know how many people applied and how many got rejected... So I don't know how likely I am to get the scolarship... If we could have a quick response that would be great but having to wait all that time without any precise information is a bit stressful !