Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

• New Members

@sofi1

I am wondering about the same thing too!

All of my acquaintances who applied for the government scholarship have received confirmation emails by their respective university.

Fudan are the only university (that I know of) to still keep that info to themselves... If somebody could shed some light on when to expect an answer from Fudan, that would be awesome!

@not89

Ok, I'd really like to know so that I'll join the celebration. When we rejoice over the success of others, then we qualify for ours soon after.

Cheers sister

@ l.Carranza, Sofi, redmind and all

I stand to be corrected but I think that most of these top Universities like Peking and Fudan have a way of doing somethings differently. Tsinghua is about the only very high Chinese HEI that is really talking to their candidates on the ongoing processes.

There may be an experiencethat has made them so.

First, they were no-go-areas for many applicants because of how stiff the competition was for schools in Shanghai and other top cities.

However, I managed to get some info by deducing from the application page on Fudan website. 

I am applying for a Ph.D. I do not know if the process is the same for other programme types.

If you created an account on the FUDAN APPLICATION PLATFORM (http://admission.iso.fudan.edu.cn/front/apply/index.do)%C2'> the application:

1. Visit that page again

2. Put in your user name

3. Put in your password

4. Put in the verification code that pops up

When I did this, this was the message I got in the 8th column which indicates status

"Already accepted.
Submitting paper application documents while registering on campus. 

Uploaded documents are reviewed"

This in addition to a changed status on CSC Application Platform "Checking" was enough information for me and I began to rejoice. If your process was like mine, go these steps and lets see whether that helps.

AS FOR ME, I AM A FUDAN MAN FOR NOW

AND I WILL SOON BE AIR-BORNE TO SHANGHAI

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaa

That's how it flows, I hope you feel the vibes...............

Cheers to all, we are getting there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From time to time, I go to the FUDAN application platform just to admire my status..... lol....

^^^ Hilarious!  :D

While we wait, in order to distract me, I shall overdose on watching too many matches of the upcoming EURO 2016 in France. Games are coming up--first match on Friday, June 10th: France vs. Romania.

The final match will be on Sunday July 10th. After I re-emerge from the sleepless haze of watching too many matches 2am local Chinese time for one straight month, I will switch my focus full-time to my email inbox and declare, "where's my scholarship! where's my scholarship! where's my scholarship!"

...and so it goes...with every passing day, our wait time is reduced.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

Hi everyone!

I'm having goosebumps reading this forum for 2016 CSC Applications.

I applied and got accepted for CSC in 2009 by applying directly to the university of my choice. It was for master's degree. It was also this time back in 2009, that I was waiting for the result like all of you are doing now. I totally understand the excitement with a little bit of fear.

Based from my experience, I received the package around mid-July. It was sent through DHL. Although by the time I received the package, I already knew that I cannot go to China. A month earlier, I also received confirmation of scholarship from Taiwan.

I finished my masters in Taiwan and can speak Mandarin comfortably now. I would say that what I received in Taiwan is equally great although sometimes the thought of what if I chose China over Taiwan still runs through my head. Probably my life would have been different. I really don't know.

I have been to China on several occasions for short visits. I am impressed with Chinese culture and still want to learn more. It has been a long ride for me to learn Chinese and its culture. The farther I've gone, the more I get interested. In summary, I would like to advice the scholarship hopefuls here that whatever your fate may be, don't lose hope as opportunities are always there if you know how to find them.

Pray hard. It works.

• New Members

@ELIJAH

Thanks for the detailed answer, mate!

I tried that, but my main channel of communication is thorough our ministry of education, who are moving the things along for us and they told us that the final confirmation will come in the end of July. Therefore,  I was hoping that I could get an answer from Fudan as the rest of the candidates with whom we sent our documents. The Fudan application platform won't work for us.

Our application process goes as follows:

1. The ministry of Education receives an allocation of ~50 scholarships (no quotas on type of degree);

2. They open the application process for these scholarships and hold hearings with the candidates;

3. Those who get approved (all candidates were approved since we all met the requirements and we were fewer than the number of scholarships offered);

4. We all prep our documents and send them to our "person of contact" in the ministry of education who emails all candidate's documents to the Chinese side at once;

5. We wait for the Chinese side to send all approval documents for all candidates at the end of July and we collect them from the "person of contact";

6. Those who get a positive reply are ready to apply for their visa at the Chinese Consulate.

The thing is that there is no way to know if you have been approved for a scholarship before we receive the official docs unless the university contacts us in advance and lets us know we are in. That's been the case with the majority of the candidates thus far, but Fudan is keeping quiet.

Guess we will just have to wait for another month and a half....

After reading posts here for a loooong time, I've decided to offer my share too. Hello to everybody :-)

I've applied to MSc conducted in English directly through Xiamen university. I got positive admission results about 3-4 weeks ago, but as for scholarship, no news. That was until this week - my laihua status was "application for already downloaded", but it has changed to "Application currently checking". So I guess the CGS office finally started to work on it.

There were some discussions about whether to apply directly through university or through embassy. During past 7 years, I have not heard about anybody who would not receive government scholarship no matter how he/she applied. So I guess the only difference is, that applying through university is more comfortable, as you don't need to get pre-admission letter. And of course the process is little bit faster, so you don't need to wait 2-3 more weeks for final results and can buy air ticket instead :-)

I wish everybody luck, let's hope your studies in China will not be disappointing!

Tomas

大家好!

I applied for both CIS and CSC scholarship, but for studying in different universities. I've just been awarded a CIS scholarship at Beijing Foreign Studies University but since I'd rather study at BLCU (which is my first option for the CSC scholarship) I would like to wait for the results of the CSC in July.

If I win the CSC scholarship at BLCU, can I refuse the CIS scholarship? Or they would automatically cancel the CSC scholarship because I've already been awarded this one?

Unfortunately I applied for both scholarships at different universities because my Confucius Institute told me that it was impossible to get this scholarship in Beijing, especially at BLCU.... So now I have this "problem".

@redmind

Hi, About Fudan I recently have checked my status in the website for international students as @ELIJAH suggested, and my status says:

Master Student In review 
Paper application documents are received. 
Uploaded documents are reviewed.

Anyway. I have received a mail that says I got admitted, but It doesn't say nothing about if I get the Shanghai Scholarship Gov...I have replied the message I received by asking about it, but I didn't received any answer.

Dear all, 

Greetings from School of Economics at Fudan University. 
We are glad to inform you that you get admitted by our EMA programs. Since there are several procedures to process in the university, the status in your application system may be still "to be reviewed". But our department has passed your application. 
Therefore, please wait for more time and the admission package will be issued and sent out to you in the end of June. 

We look forwarding to your coming at Fudan. 

Best,
Panny

EMA Program, International Programs Office

School of Economics, Fudan University

Something I am a bit worried about is about my status in http://www.study-shanghai.org/:

Registered Project:
Register for  FUDAN UNIVERSITY  Master’s Degree Program  (Apply for Scholarship Category A As Well)
Current Status:
Scholarship: untreated

Have you guys have the same status in Shanghai Gov Sch?

Is the China Scholarship Council website down for anyone? It's interrupting my daily ritual of checking my status! Yes I know it won't change from "Checking".