Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

@karainbow

Might depend on the embassy officer, but by general rule, they only issue visas to passports which numbers match these in the visa application form sent by university. It might be possible to convince the visa officer when your passport is soon to expire or that you lost your previous one, but it's always tricky. I think, judging how Chinese love bureaucracy, that they will need new set of documents from university, but that is just my guess. And again, it falls under the discretion of each embassy, rules are not the same everywhere.

Anyway, I wish you luck, hope embassy won't give you much trouble! Please share how it ended up, it will be valuable information for future applicants.

@ Karainbow

I Just cleared it with ELijah.

Its Not a problem. Just go to the embassy with both old and new passport.

When people  at the embassy do digital reading of your new passport, your old passport will pop up from the information to validate that you are still the same person.

I am calm now

@All,

Thanks a lot for the info, guys. I just talked with a friend who got CSC scholarship.

He told me i should apply for visa using my old passport because the visa i will get lasts for 1 month only which is a temporary visa.

He told me that when i arrive school, i need to tell school that i want to apply for resident permit / long term visa using my new passport.

Don't know if it makes sense to u

Hi I am a winner of the CSC Language Scholarship. I am looking forward to going to China and finding out where the CSC will be sending me! I should know sometime this July.  :roll:  :lol:

Hi I am a winner of the CSC Language Scholarship. I am looking forward to going to China and finding out where the CSC will be sending me! I should know sometime this July.

Me too! Welcome to the Forums.

Chris Two Times

• Like 1

I decided to check my application because of some posts here about the surname and...

Damn! I put my first name for my surname. Why would they have a last name and surname section when they are the same thing lol!? 

On the paper application it is different, for family name I put my last name and given I put my first name. Hopefully this doesn't cause any problems!

Unless surname has a different meaning in China than in other countries. 

@Cantabile

Don't worry about that surname/last name thing, the English version of laihua got it mistranslated. What's important is the Chinese version: the first field is 姓氏(family name) and the second one is 名字 (given name, mistranslated to surname).

• Like 1

Hi,

For the people who requires one year of preparations courses before starting their degree, do you happen to know which criteria CSC uses to choose among the 10 chinese universities that are in charge of teaching chinese to degree students.

For example I will be taking one year of preparatory courses prior my undergraduate degree in Fudan so I am wondering if they will send me to Nanjing Normal University First, which is the closest one to Fudan.

josesierrag - no, the results are not sent to universities and embassies at the same time. But by early July, universities and embassies should already have the results. Now whether or not they want to divulge the information to the student is a whole separate matter. My personal opinion though: by now most embassies have the results. The universities receive the results a little bit earlier of course.

i failed successfully... :clap only 1 won from my country. I want to know how many got nominated. i can't believe i didn't get the final approval from CSC though NENU nominated me...whatever i wish you all luck. Now i can relax...No more waiting and back to try other scholarship to somewhere else. i'm not the type who is easy to be defeated.  :P

@simpleasy,

I'm from Cambodia.. Maybe the quota for my country is too low. Last year only 1 got accepted too.

That's ok. I didnt get affected much. I have other choices. At the moment i'm deciding what path to choose