Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

Me too! Welcome to the Forums.

Chris Two Times

Thank you Chris! Which scholarship did you win? I hope they send out the results soon, I'd really like to apply for my visa and know when I'm leaving!

• Like 1

@Lolo,

I still think the chances are high if u were nominated by ur university. I was just brushed off the final list by CSC due to some reasons i can think of:

1. My major is social work and B.Ed (TEFL) but i applied for MA in Edcuation. I am still doing my TEFL so i can't give them full transcripts.

2. Quota of my country is too low. Usually only 1 or 2 got selected each year per uni.

3. This year only 1 got accepted from my country. And she applied for MA in Edcuation taught in Chinese while i applied for English-taught program. I guessed it did matter.

@Elijah,

Thank, bro for ur kind words.

@willamcarey,

I applied to NENU and got email from them in late April that i was selected by uni as scholarship candidate. Uni told me to wait for final approval from CSC. I knew i was in main list when uni mentioned that i should give them a reply if i am willing to drop this scholarship so that they could find another potential candidate to replace my seat.

Today NENU released final result and i was not in the list. It meant CSC rejected my application. I just came up with those possible reasons that lead to rejection. At the end of the day, no one know. Many of my friends got CSC award last year couldnt believe it too.

Ah...and one more thing. The girl from my country who got the scholarship is actually a friend of my friend. My friend, he helped submitting our applications to international student office of uni. That's why i know the info..

Guys i just found this facebook group which listing csc results for several university and looks so informative and the information look neat and clean.

https://www.facebook.com/adminstudychina/

Maybe some can get sightseeing there for the results. I didnt mean to promote that group because im not related to them.

Hmm.... Unfortunately my target which is Harbin Institute of Technology is still not announcing the final results and seems wont publish the final results even the candidate list

Yesterday i just ask them and they still not hear any news from CSC. God its already July -.-.

• Like 1

simpleasy - some embassies and universities prefer to follow a certain level of protocol, so they will let the agency inform the students.

karainbow - what did you apply for? Sorry I'm a bit late and wasn't here to support this year's applicants. You are right to think positively, there are a few options still available for this year.

Okay, I just read that you apppied to NENU. Did you receive a pre-admission's letter from them? Some univerities send out default emails to every single applicant, stating that they have been accepted as a candidate. The proper way would be to apply for a pre-admissions (letter plus official red stamp/seal) and to use that letter when you apply, that letter should be attached to your application.

@shuoshuo,

MA in Education (English-taught program). I mean i have other options, it's not about scholarships...haha. I meant i have 3 choices to choose at the moment for employment. But if i don't choose wisely, it will affect my scholarship potential when i apply next year since each choice of job is within different field. I won't apply CGS again...i wanna try something new.

Now in thinking mode....sorry too for keep spamming the forum. I am happy to share my experience if u all need.

P.S. I want to believe it too that uni sent auto reply to each applicant. But it was not the case for NENU. My friend studying at NENU helped to submit about 10 applications from my country. But only 2 (me and another girl) got that email indicating the nomination. So i guessed it's not true about auto email to each applicant. And yeah I didnt have admission letter.

@All

Hey, guys, is here someone who faced with CGS-Bilateral program?

If someone had a deal with this scholarship  , can you answer a few questions please :wink:

The situation is as follows: my country was given a quota of 44 seats this year. All this quota is filled.
I have the next question: Is there a possibility that someone of 44 people will not be accepted by Beijing ? The Ministry says that all 44 will receive scholarship 100%..... as it was in past years. Can I trust this information, or there is still a risk of failure?