Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

Because I wanted to study at OUC for personal reasons, so if there is a way to correct my mistake and get accepted by my first-choice university, I will do my very best to. If she cannot send it back to OUC (due to certain issues in the system for instance), I would gladly accept her offer of course.

It's just a sort of ''If A, then B'' situation. But of course I am so thankful to her.

• New Members

Hi everyone!

first of all, I would like to thank everyone for your posts since they've been very helpful :)

Is there anyone who is planning to attend Tsinghua as a Chinese language student? I got pre-admission letter from Tsinghua, but it says that I'm admitted to the department of Chinese language and literature and the subject of study is Chinese Language and Literature, not Chinese language program. They also changed a bit my application. Now I'm worried because in my laihua application I chose Chinese language program, could it be a problem?

And also if anyone knows anything about this Tsinghua Chinese language and literature program, please comment :D

Hello! I've been following this forum for a while.
I applied for a Chinese Government Scholarship in March to study a Masters' in International Trade at Shanghai University. I found out on June 14 that I received the scholarship. Two days ago, I received a JW201 form and an admission notice to apply for my student visa. 

I hope this information helps someone!

@Chris Two Times well i now know i got accepted. before they said i had obtained the scholarship but i didn't believe. Yesterday they mailed my documents to me it should be getting here probably mid week next week i guess or end of the week. but they said i have different scholarship from others. they said its US - China people to people exchange scholarship thats probably why. 

Thank you guys

• Like 1

TyO,

Yeah, I learned a good lesson about China in that episode alone--visiting people face-to-face trumps email. I got that response in an email, but when I visited the International Students Office in person they were like, "yeah, sure! c'mon in!" It was a Friday afternoon and I got the pre-admission letter from them on the next day (Saturday!).

I'm waiting as well on word from the Chinese Embassy in DC. I am leaving the Mainland for the summer on July 21st. I am aware of last year's late notification date, but I am hoping that we hear by July 20th...hoping.

Chris Two Times

Yea BNU is the only university that never even responded to my emails about a pre-admission letter, same thing last year but still got in there so we'll see.

let's hope the embassy is a bit more on top of it this year though

let's hope the embassy is a bit more on top of it this year though

Hoping as well.

Like you last year, I am applying for a scholarship for one year of Chinese language study in a non-degree program for 2016-2017.

I am curious to see how my situation plays out. Because of that email from BNU back in January, I didn't put them in my top three. Instead I chose: (1) Tsinghua, (2) BeiDa, and as a wild card, (3) Capital University of Economics and Business.

After I got the Award Letter from the Chinese Embassy in DC, I couldn't procure a pre-admission notice from Tsinghua or BeiDa, so I then turned to BNU and that change was positively effortless.

I did get an auto-email from Tsinghua last week telling me to complete my online application and submit documents, so I am wondering if the arms of CSC has since reached them, notifying them that they were my #1 choice. I don't know, possibly. Actually though, BNU is my real #1 choice, but I would be happy getting the scholarship for one year of Chinese study at most of the Beijing universities really (I'd dig BLCU as well, even though I've made no indications of wanting to study there).

Indeed, here's to hoping for (much) earlier notifications this year. By the way, TyO, what are you applying for for this upcoming year?

Chris Two Times

I'm applying for the one year chinese language study as well. My 3 choices were BNU, Shanghai International Studies University, and Sun Yatsen Uni (Guangzhou).

I got pre-admissions letters from Shanghai and Sun Yatsen but never got a reply from BNU, although that is my top choice.

I did receive the same scholarship last year for BNU but was unable to go for a myriad of reasons (one being that i didn't get the visa papers from the csc til like august 8th and I had already applied for a visa for a different uni by that time) and ended up self-funding a language program in Qingdao. So here's hoping I get it again this year. Also last year i think BNU was my 3rd choice and I didn't have a pre-admissions letter for it then either. Not sure if that means  its a uni they are more likely to send people to or what.

• Like 1