Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

@karainbow

Exactly, I wouldn't worry about it. The only possible problem is your name being 'wrong' on the visa documents they will send you. I think it's highly unlikely that they will reject anything based on a small error like this. 

@simpleasy

you might be right. I may face 2 problems:

1. name being wrong in visa application. but since i put my passport's number on my application form. it can be used a reference to correct my name when i complete Student X1 Visa form.

2. but it's not as easy since my old passport will expire soon, i will get another passport. I will apply for student X1 visa with my new passport. :wall  :wall  complicated! :help  :help  :roll:  

@karainbow

When applying for a new passport, also switch your first name and family name, then problem 1 is solved. From now on, just accept your family name as your first name.

On a more serious note: don't worry about it now. Just send an email to the embassy explaining your situation as soon as you actually have the necessary documents. It's their job to help you with situations like that. 

@simpleasy

Since i applied directly to university, i don't know if they handle problem like this unlike embassy. Anyway, thanks so much for your suggestion, dear. I shouldn't think too much. Now NENU is not yet releasing the final list and i'm just being so restless at the moment. 

I wish you best of luck too!!

I don't think that's an issue, because that's the documents your university received. When I printed it my application was still correct. But when the CSC checked it up, it didn't exist anymore because it somehow changed to my cousin's name. It's really weird.

Basically they couldn't find anyone with my name (the one ChuanDa received when I mailed it to them) in their database...

I had ChuanDa on the phone and she said she will look at my application and contact the direction and CSC if need be.

Fingers crossed.

@Ceci095 

Through the embassy.  I got a recommendation from BCLA (Belgian Chinese Language Association), and they work with the embassy, not through the EU Window.

They said whomever they recommend is 100% certain of his/her scholarship. However, this seems hard for me to believe, since CSC and the university can still veto any application. 

Please fellas, i want to know if there's a nomination/recommendation for MOFCOM Scholarship. I wish to know cos i just applied directly to the ECCO in my home country and nothing is forthcoming from the schools i chose and also from the embassy.

I applied to Jilin University (吉林大学)and Shandong University(山东大学)directly. 

I called both universities today and I could only get some info that I could stick to with Jilin U.  The lady was saying that they haven't heard any news from CSC so they can announce the winners yet, and told me to wait for an announcement around mid-July as the latest.  

But for Shandon, they said that they will contact the winner directly via email which I assumed that I didnt get the scholarship since everything was so quiet.  

@ Adedapo

As said ECCO in my home country, the final results of MOFCOM winners will be announced in mid August, not earlier. Beijing is now busy with other scholarship Programs, namely: Chinese Cov.Schol.- Univ Postgrad program (directly) \ Chinese Cov.Schol.- Bilateral Progr (interstate Programme through the Ministry of Education \ Embassy). MOFCOM applicants will be considered only around late July-early August, according to the plan. BUT this year is a big delay in reviewing the documents,so the  term may be longer

@paraprove

I applied in these unis directly as well.What is your major and the language of studying (chinese\engl)?

Both they said to wait until 10 and 17 of July, `cause they don`t have any news from CSC. But people in other forum (Russian) argue, that Shandong 2 days ago started to inform those applicants, who were rejected. I`m a bit concerned about this issue, so I ask SDU whether they have final CSC list, `cause till now there is no info on their website. I hope to hear from them an answer in the near future. And I hope that this reply will be about my enrollment on CGS-UP :roll:

@samrat

As far as I know, full scholarship only covers tuition + accommodation + living expenses. If there are no special agreements between Chinese and your country's government, visa fee will not be waived. Furthermore I think you will need to change your visa for a residence permit after you come to China, it costs another 600 RMB or so. At least that used to be practice few years ago. And if you did not have finish your physical examination or if the results are not valid anymore, add some more money to final amount you'll need. And vaccinations costs something too (I personally recommend to get vaccinated). And of course air ticket is not covered too. And several years ago they wanted us to have additional insurance from our home countries, but I've heard they do not require it anymore.

Yup, studying in China, on the contrary to common belief, is not that cheap if you don't come from really rich country/family.

• Like 1