Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

Hello

It's my first time to participate in a forum and I have been reading the informations that all members shared for the past two days so I decided to share my own experience as well.

I applied the scholarship through mofcom embassy in Ethiopia she gave an application form that says specifically "2016 master program in highway and railway engineering in southwest jiaotong university for underdeveloped countries". I filled the form by hand and attach the e-copies along with other important documents. She email back and confirmed that she got all documents. Has anyone applied in such way? Please share

@MaryS@3777ms

I applied through CGs-Bilateral program and so far the embassy officer told me that once all the seats are filled, those chosen students are 100% sure to get the scholarship unless there is a major problem with their health or something like that.

MaryS@377MS - yup, I'm on the bilateral scholarship. Yes, usually if the country nominates students to fill up the quota, then CSC Beijing will help place students in universities. Through the years I have even met students who didn't complete high school (which is a very basic university requirement) and they were successfully placed in Chinese universities by CSC. So from what I've seen in over a decade, it is 100%.

@Antsa

@shuoshuo

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate your answers!

I'm just worried could it be that Chinese universities would not take all these 44 people. I really hope that all 44 will be enrolled  (^_^)

doea that mean that your chances are very high if you got recommended by your embassy?

I would say yes. I applied to my program through the Chinese Embassy in the US. Luckily I'm right in DC so I had contacts there, and at my university, who could recommend me.

For those of you who applied for the university program (CUP), the result are being released. For e.g huazhong university of science and technology released the 1st round winner. One of my friend is the winner. The university emailed him to make sure whether he changed his address or not because they will be sending admission package within a week. 

Lolo - the Chinese embassies of these countries are given a quota. If the quota is 10 for instance, and the embassy sends 10 to CSC Beijing then these 10 candidates will be awarded the scholarship. If the embassy sends 15 even if they have a quota of 10 then it will be CSC Beijing who will select the best 10.

A special request must be made by the embassy, if for example they send a surplus number of applicants. This will be deducted from the quota of the following year.

From what I we were told by our embassy, the quota actually depends on the total number of students from one country studying in China under the CGS. Each country's quota is different. So if many people graduate this year, more spots will open up for the following cohort.

• Like 1

Thank you Chris! Which scholarship did you win? I hope they send out the results soon, I'd really like to apply for my visa and know when I'm leaving!

@hannafit

I applied for a scholarship to support one year of Chinese language studies in a non-major program and I sent my application to the Chinese Embassy in Washington, DC for the Chinese Government Scholarship-Bilateral program. In the end I indicated Tsinghua University as my first choice on my application.

Indeed, I hope we get positive news and papers soon. I'd like to head to the Chinese Consulate in New York City in early August to apply for the study visa and then be back in Beijing around September 1st. Even though we are waiting forever for final news, I will anticipate having to move very quickly on things (plane ticket, visa, packing, etc.) once that news breaks.

Good luck with everything!

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

Hello everyone!

Ugh the wait is killing us all isn't it.

I got the award letter from the embassy back in May and was kinda told I 'got the scholarship' but they just need to review everything and process the paperwork in China however no further formal confirmation was provided after that. So confusing!

Did anyone apply for a February 2017 start by any chance? I did, and I am wondering if that'll cause any complications / confusion at all given the CSC I applied for is for 1 year but I could only enrol for my chosen uni for 1 semester at this stage (sept 2017 intakes are not available yet).

Dear Forum and friends, Im new to this forum, I'd like to ask if there is anyone already in Nanjing University? or admited to CSC Scholarship there for this year? kindly tell me do you already Have an email confirmation from Miss Zhou (person in charge of scholarship at nju) ?

best regards

Hi all, 

After the long wait, finally my waiting is over! I just got an email from Jilin University informing that I won CSC scholarship and ask for my post address. The announcement is not posted on the website yet, but anyway, I am relieved. 

The lady says that the registration day is September 1, and 2. Now I'm worried when should I arrive on the 1st of Sept? 

best of luck to you all. The results are coming out! 

• Like 3

paraprove,

Excellent!

Oh oh! From Thailand to Jilin! In January it will be from +30 degrees to -30 degrees.  :shock:

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times