Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

Wow, who is giving out the red minus one's? I would say on posts that don't deserve the "scarlet letter" either.

Why the spite? No need, let's keep the board positive, mmm-kay?

I negated one of them.

It's disappointing that there are a few petty people in this mostly positive thread.

Continued good luck to all. May it all work out for you after this tedious waiting game.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

Edited by Chris Two Times
  • Like 2

Hi there!

I have applied for the CGS through the EU Window. I was issued a pre-admission notice by BLCU for a Chinese language program, and I enclosed it in the application package alongside with all other required documents. 

Yesterday I emailed BLCU to ask whether I was eventually accepted and whether they have then forwarded the admission documents back to the Mission of P:R. China to the EU. My question was very clear and simple, but they replied this way: "Hi, The result will be published by CSC in the middle of July. You need upload all your application documents on the website of CSC to complete your application procedure. Regards,". 

Therefore, I screenshot what shows up when I log on http://laihua.csc.edu.cn, that is  The application form is currently checking. At this point, they replied: "Hi, According to the screen cut you can just wait for the result to come out."

Does anyone have an explanation to this "contrasting" answers, with particular reference to the first email? My guess is that they might have not understood my question in English, although I promise it was clearly and shortly worded  :)

Thanks and good luck to you'll! 

@hannafit

I would say go ahead and email ZheDa and inquire and see if they know anything. It wouldn't hurt and it wouldn't be a problem in doing so.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

• New Members

Hello everyone!

At the end of May I got accepted to Yunnan Shifan Daxue, I was told by my Kongzi Xueyuan that the university would contact me what I'm supposed to do next. Unfortunately, till today I hadn't get any information, any visa papers, even any email message... Is anyone of you in the same situation? I was so happy when I got accepted but now I just start to doubt whether I'm going do China or not...

• New Members

hi Jude! congratulations on your success. As you interchanged your family name and given name in CSC form, whether it will create any problem getting your visa in China?? did you get your admission materials like jw201 form??

As results are coming in, I would like to open one related question - tuition. E.g. my program's tuition is 45000 RMB per year, but according to the table below, it would appear that scholarship only covers 25000-34000 RMB / year for master's program depending on major. So I will really need to pay the difference? Anyone who knows how this actually works?

Supporting Categories Field of Study Tuition (CNY per year) Accommodation (CNY per year) Stipend (CNY per year) Medical Insurance
(CNY per year)
Total
(CNY per year)
Undergraduate students I 20000 8400 30000 800 59200 II 23000 8400 30000 800 62200 III 27000 8400 30000 800 66200 Master’s students/ General scholars I 25000 8400 36000 800 70200 II 29000 8400 36000 800 74200 III 34000 8400 36000 800 79200 Doctoral students/ Senior scholars I 33000 12000 42000 800 87800 II 38000 12000 42000 800 92800 III 45000 12000 42000 800 99800

NOTE: Field of Study I includes Philosophy, Economics, Legal Studies, Education, Literature (Fine Arts excluded), History, and Management; Field of Study II includes Science, Engineering, and Agriculture; Field of Study III includes Fine Arts and Medicine.

(SOURCE: http://www.csc.edu.cn/Laihua/scholarshipdetailen.aspx?cid=97&id=2070)

post-64769-0-65729500-1467634098_thumb.png

Edited by tomzuklin
  • Like 1

@Ceci095

Yeah, it's just a few days waiting. Still it remains unclear to me what BLCU meant by "You need upload all your application documents on the website of CSC to complete your application procedure" as a response to my query on whether I was accepted or not. I guess I should let it go  :)

Good luck to you too!

tomzuklin,

Yeah, you may need to check that. I do believe that scholarships cover up to those certain amounts as you have indicated. And afterwards? Do you indeed have to shoulder the remaining costs if you decide to enter that program? I dunno, but again check on that.

Possible case in point: I was interested in studying Chinese at Peking University under scholarship; BeiDa told me they give out Chinese language scholarships for one semester. For their Chinese language programs, they charge a whopping 36,000 RMB per year which is far above the tuition scholarship allotment of 25,000 RMB for general scholars, hence, me deducing that BeiDa only gives a one-semester scholarship in order to fall under this 25,000 RMB scholarship limit.

Again, check with CSC and Xiamen Daxue to confirm this now.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

@ml14229

This sounds strange, anyway if you mailed all your documents to EU Window office and your documents are currently checking you don'the have to worry about your diplomas etc because if the application documents were incomplete they wouldn't have send them to CSC, so don't worry :)

Anyway... where are you from?

@Ceci095

Yes I agree, as I said they might have misinterpreted my words.

I am Italian. I have some working experience in Beijing already and I am now looking forward to going back there either to study Chinese for a year or for another (response is still pending) working experience. What about you?

@Josesierrag

For the room reservation, try to contact your university. Mine sent me a handbook that explain everything from visa to bank account opening.

As far as I know, once you get accepted by the Uni, you'll have a room in international student dorm. Upon arrival you'll need to confirm by registering to International student office.

@marti31

Welcome to the forum!

I assume the university accepted you, and sent your documents to csc. As long as they haven't accepted and informed you, there's nothing you can do but wait.
I'm not entirely sure about how you applied though, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to send an email to your university asking them if they have any news. Doesn't hurt to ask.

• Like 1

1) What is your native country?

- Thailand 

2) Where did you apply?

Jilin University  and Shandong University 

3) When did you apply? 

Late February 

4) When was the deadline?

1st and 2nd week of March 

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? 

No. 

6) What program did you apply for?

CSC,  Master Degree (English Taught) 

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 

I have 2 accounts applying each Unis separately. 

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand?

- no

9) What agency number did you use?

JLU code and SDU code

10) Where did you get your physical done?

- Provincial Hospital 

11) How did you get your documents notarized?

- My university issued all the docs in English, so I didn't get my docs notarized.  I only certified true copy with my signature and date. 

12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why?

yes, accepted

13) How were you notified

- email 

14) When were you accepted/rejected?

- 3rd of July

15) What school and program were you accepted to?

Contemporary International Relations, Master of Law (English taught), Jilin University 

• Like 1

• New Members

@simpleasy

Thanks for your answer!

I've been only notified that the university had accepted me and that I had received one academic year scholarship. I'll try to write an email but I don't expect much - a lot of my friends have already written to "their" universities and no one ever replied...