Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

@Lolo I agree with you. They should at least let us know whether we have been rejected or not so that we are still in time for other options. CSC scholarship is crucial for me as well, so I completely understand your beelings, but now we can only wait. Before I was thinking about contacting target university, but I don't think they can provide further informatiob

Indeed - it is quite baffling to me why the school won't tell us if we are accepted (forget the CSC itself for now). I can't be sure, but from my calls it seems like at least my school does know and just won't tell students until after CSC gets back to us. 

@Jagna

Thank you! I have also applied through university and now I am wondering what is taking them so long, last year they already had results published by now. So thank you for sharing your update with BLCU, it makes my (and surely not only mine) waiting little bit less anxious :-)

@Cantabile: I was told ZheDa would know in mid-July and notify us by the end of July, but... airfare...  :wall And now I'm quite nervous as they're telling me that I can come "after school starts, no problem."

@Jagna

Are you from PL too?

@All

I've applied through embassy.

I've contacted my university, and they told me they accepted me, and I have to wait for official letter from the Chinese Embassy.

So for some of you, it might be helpful to write and ask the universities...

Hi everyone! Can someone tell in more detail about Laihua status ? Is it worth it to pay attention to it.... or it is just a formality and it does not show the real status of my documents ? Many say they received a scholarship with "Submitted" status, others argue that the status must be changed to "currently checking" or "under review" .  Please tell me  what to believe  :roll:

It doesn't really matter past the point that it changes to "currently checking." If it does change to currently checking then your chances improve, if it stays as submitted then it's a bad sigh nut it doesn't mean you can't get the scholarship (they may ha√e failed to update your status.) 

From past threads, most people who get the "checking" status get the scholarship, and some who have it on "submitted" get it. 

@Balage010

Right now they only have results for students who applied directly to BLCU (Chinese University Program) for graduate studies (masters or doctoral). Did you apply to BLCU or through embassy/other offices?

• New Members

@Jagna

I applied through EU Window, and contacted BLCU directly. I even got a pre-admission letter. But I applied for Chinese language course. :) I just a bit worried, because a graduated last week, so I fear that I applied without diploma, I'll miss this year. But hey, I can apply next year too. :)

OK guys. I'm so mad and angry right now. I know why my application didn't go through.... Laihua website fucked it up!!! I tried downloading my application and it now shows up my cousin's info on it (but my academic background). My cousin applied 3-4 weeks after I did, and I gave him my infos to check my application. He must've signed on the same browser or something. That website is so lacky!

It now all makes sense! They just couldn't find my name nor info on their database.

I am so devastated.

My friend is calling CSC and ChuanDa to tell them about be situation.

Hope there's a fix for it! I'll update you later.

Anybody in here apply to Harbin Institute Technology? 
every week i always ask them about CSC status and they replied back about the info that they are still waiting for CSC news too. 

:roll:  Hope hear the news soon. Because i need to resign with one month notice on my jobs.  :wall But hopefully if  the reason was to continue to higher study they will give me special condition. 

@Ayman,

Reading your post, i realized i made a few mistakes on my application form too...

i thought last name is family name. so i put my family name as last name and my name in surname section...stupid me...

and i thought it is "Region" instead of "Religion"...i hope CSC overlooked it and gave me a pass.. :shrug:

It's been a long time since I've posted on this forum, but I've been checking this thread regularly. I've applied through the embassy in Belgium, and like most people I'm patiently waiting for any news. 

@karainbow

I decided to check mine as well, and apparently I've made the same mistake as you. Then again, 'last name' does usually refer to family name, so I don't think we're the first people to make this mistake...