Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

Right on.

If the scholarship doesn't come through for me this year, I will follow a similar path: I am prepared to self-fund a year of language study for 2016-2017, and then I would apply again for the scholarship for 2017-2018. All in all, I am starting to think that I would like to do two years of language study: one year on scholarship, one year self-funded?

This is indeed the main reason why I hope the Chinese Embassy in DC comes through with the info much earlier this year: so we can get visa matters squared away as soon as possible. Also, if the scholarship doesn't come through, I'd like to be able to scramble and be admitted to/pay for a program under the self-funded option before I leave Beijing on July 21st.

If I don't get the scholarship and have to self-fund this year, I'd like to either attend BNU or BLCU.

...or I'll just take a semester off and travel (28 days/daze in Myanmar and then around Southeast Asia!) and then study self-funded style for Spring semester, 2017.

Say, now there's an idea!

Good luck with it all!

Chris Two Times

@williamcarey and @loof, thanks for your comments and advice.

Like @Chris Two Times, I've made up my mind to self fund my studies the 1st year and then try to apply for CSC again in my 2nd year.

If I do hear good news from my embassy later, all the better. If not, never mind.

• Like 1

Seconded on the props to williamcarey. That poster has been very helpful to me as well.

If I do hear good news from my embassy later, all the better. If not, never mind.

Haha, this quote is pretty much my feeling on the whole matter.  :D

Chris Two Times

@ Samrat, Mis Lulu and ALL

This is now stale news, we look forward to 'new' news.

I have been quite offline, had a problem with my internet access. Repair in progress, hope to be fully back by July 1 when much better news wills be on board CSC forums

1. Economicactivist

2. Chris Two Times

3. Antsa

4. leemakosa

5. Sula

6. not89

7.Mis Lulu

7. samrat

• Like 1

Hello everybody,

Last week, I talked with a Northeastern University representative (the lady that offered me to study over there). Lately, I have reached another guy and he told me that he was going to fulfill all the required CSC papers.

I don't know if it is a formal ''yes'', but it seems rather close to it. Shenyang, here I come! :) 

• Like 1

Yeah guys, I don't think most of us (Or me at least) will be hearing anything till mid-late July. 

Last year they announced the scholarship recipients for those applying through the LA Consulate on July 28th! That would give me only one month to prepare. It honestly seems a little unreasonable to me. Let's hope they pick up the pace this year! 

• New Members

Guys this waiting time is killing me ><

By the way, did somebody applied to the Renmin University'? But through the University and not embassy? In Germany there was no way to apply through the embassy.... And the lady in the foreign office told me that the result will come out in the end of june.... only three days left till july.....

• New Members

Hello everybody :)

Did somebody applied for the Renimin University? I applied there for a Master Degree and got the Answer that i was accepted and everything but the lady in the foreign office said that the result from the SCS will come at the end of june.... only three days left... does somebody has the same problem as me?

Other thing is that in germany i couldnt appply through the embassy, only through the embassy. Who is going to tell me that i got the Scholarship in this case? THe University? and do they send all the materials together?

Kristin :)

@Cantabile

Agreed. Things can be prepared in a month, but it will be tight. Par for the course here in Our China...wait, wait, wait til the last minute but be ready to move quickly on things once the announcement is made. At least we are aware of this and can get everything we can ready up to that point.

I am HOPING that we will hear at least a week-and-then-some sooner, by July 20th, haha, two weeks would be even better, by July 14th, haha, beggars can't be choosers?

Hoping.

Continued patience for all.

Chris Two Times

@Chris Two Times

You should contact the school of your choice to see if they received your application and accepted you. They have to prepare the JW201 and the admission letter, both with your name on it. They'll have to send this to the CSC council, who has the final say in the end, so still no guarantees at this point, but a very good chance of officially being awarded before the council sends all the paperwork to the American embassy.

Just to note: I applied to study 1 year received the scholarship last year. I applied again this year, but since the scholarship is given priority to first time people I was put on the "wait list". I was never awarded candidacy from the embassy this year. The school I am at now and would like to study for another year said last week they are preparing my documents. While no guarantees, it sounds like I got the scholarship again.

• Like 1

genzaimu,

Many thanks for that. I'll check with both Tsinghua and BNU this week to see what they know and to see if I can get some kind of ball rolling.  :lol:

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

@Cantabile

In my case, I got ''pre-approved'' by the CSC but they had to find a university that offered my major. Therefore, if your 3 universities have dismissed your papers, no need to worry: your application may be somewhere else in the CSC database and they might (most likely) get in touch with you in order to let you know what is going on. 

I know, it might be annoying at first, but you will be able to quickly register somewhere else when you will be settle down in China.

@TyO

I called the US embassy on April 22 since I was wondering why I didn't get the candidacy email like everyone else. I was told that she will put me in the "wait list". She also told me there were already people in that list too. The status online also changed in early/mid May.

@ Breaknet

I'm not too worried about about not being accepted by any of my three choices. I just never applied to any school or attempted to received a pre-admission letter, so I have not had contact with any of the universities. 

I know my application was forwarded to the CSC by the Los Angeles Consulate, I just have to wait for the process to finish. I just didn't think that they would take this long lol.

However, if July comes and goes and I still don't hear anything. I'm fudged.

@Kristin I can imagine your feelings, waiting is killing me too, but you'really lucky you'require going to know the result in a few days, I still have to wait till mid July because I applied through EU Window office so I have been waiting for more than three months

@Kristin I can imagine your feelings, waiting is killing me too, but you'really lucky you're going to know the result in a few days, I still have to wait till mid July because I applied through EU Window office so I have been waiting for more than three months

@Kristin

If you applied directly through University, they are probably processing the final results right now. I was just contacted by BLCU a few hours ago and tomorrow morning they're starting to send our acceptance notices and visa applications.

Good luck!

Yeah it's horrible. I sent my documents on the 30th of March. It's been 3 long months and there's still one month to go.

It's even harder for me to wait because the CSC scolarship is crucial to me. If I don't get it I won't be able to study in China and to achieve my projects.

They should at least post information about the advancement of the selection process.