Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

Sichuan University. I can't afford leaving this year with a partial scholarship... So I'll just apply again next year as I'll most likely get it this time. Still difficult to believe I could have been part of the candidates but I figured it wasn't that bad. I'll get a job and do some travelling.

Hope you get an interesting offer!

That's a shame, aymen. I'm not sure if it is feasible, but you might consider working part time in China to cover the remaining costs. 

Congratulations to all who have heard back! It seems my wait is also over. ZheDa has just emailed me and confirmed that I have been awarded the scholarship. 

1) What is your native country? United States of America
2) Where did you apply? To the university directly  
3) When did you apply? End of April (I think - it was quite close to the deadline anyway!)
4) When was the deadline? May, 1st
5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No
6) What program did you apply for? Masters degree in Chinese Studies (Chinese taught) with a one year preparation period
7) What schools did you put for your preferences? Zhejiang University
8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? I sent my CSC and ZheDa application together
9) What agency number did you use? 
10) Where did you get your physical done? Primary care physician - hospitals would not do it for me here. 
11) How did you get your documents notarized? I did not
12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes
13) How were you notified? E-mail 
14) When were you accepted/rejected? July, 5
15) What school and program were you accepted to? Zhejiang University, Masters in Chinese Studies

• Like 2

@Alex_Hart congratulations! I'm also trying to attend Zheda...I won the language program scholarship and am still awaiting the results >.>

@Rebel I feel your pain, I emailed my top university the one which I have a preadmissions letter for and it hasn't yet answered me, and the embassy hasn't emailed me yet with the results... :'( so I'm still waiting!!!!!

@Chris two times

Have you heard anything yet? I know you're doing the same program as me..

@All

Is it compulsory\generally accepted that Unis will inform applicant that he\she is enrolled (on Bilateral progr)
or it may be that till the final result, announced by the embassy, applicant won`t know any news? 

MaryS@3777MS

I've applied through the embassy for a bilateral program scholarship position and I've received this from the uni:

"Because you applied in your country, the result can only be sent by Chinese embassy.

We already finished admission notice and other documents."

I wouldn't say this is the rule for announcing the result though, so it is definitely worth asking the uni (mine is University of Science and Technology Beijing). 

@LaszloBalogh

my friend few days ago received a notice from the university, they said that she was enrolled to CGS under CGS-Bilat.progr.

and that the embassy will give all the admission documents later.

But in my case -only silence till now. That`s why I`m concerned  :conf

MaryS@3777MS

Like I said, universities handle things differently. If you have applied for a place at the same uni and didn't get an answer, write again. Even if you didn't get in there CSC might find you a place somewhere else, in which case you'll have to wait for a definite answer. 

• Like 2

@MaryS@3777MS

One of my friend called today the foreign student office and he has been told by the office that I have to wait. No reasons given.

Therefore, I think that we simply have to wait until the end of ALL the procedures.

@LaszloBalogh

Thanks! It was just interesting for me whether it is possible not to get any news till the official annonciation. So, thanks for your reply again))) Actually, waiting is killing me :wall  as all of us, I suppose :)

@hannafit

Still waiting...I've no news yet.

Every finished day is one less day to wait.

It's July 7th where I sit now.

Chris Two Times