Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

@ml14229
I e-mailed Mr.Cheng Gong a lot of times before the deadline and he was very kind to me always answering back all my questions, but now I think he cannot provide any detailed information now. Documents are still travelling around the world from China to Belgium and they are going to reach the EU Window office in a few days. That's true, a few people got answers directly from their target university but I think it depends on universities and their internal rules. I completely understand your frustration, I applied through Farnesina too and I didn't succeed so I worked on this scholarship for almost one year to get my HSK certificate and so on. Now we still have to wait not more than ten days. I know plane tickets are more and more expensive with the passing of days and months but we have been waiting for such a long time, why don't we wait a little bit more and have faith?
Let's consider all this waiting as another way to test our strong motivation
不过,我相信剩下的时间会过得很快, 我们只能保持乐观的心态继续等。名额快要出来。
Good luck,
Cecilia

@Ceci095

Thanks for your support  :D I had initially thought to apply through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Italy too, but the deadline was quite early..early February If I am right. Usually I am not so impatient, but you're absolutely right, we'll know the results soon! Wish all of us were granted the scholarship. Cheers

I applied through the Canadian embassy but got a pre-admission letter to ChuanDa after I emailed them a copy of my scholarship candidate letter. The Overseas Student Office emailed me yesterday asking for a scan of my passport and mailing address. Does anyone know if this is this unofficial confirmation of the scholarship or is it just because I have the pre-admission letter regardless of CSC status?

@l.carranza 

my fudan status changed to "Pre admission" more than a week ago, and a month ago they asked me information about my passport in order to prepare the admission package. I thought this meant I was already accepted in Fudan and I had no opportunity to be accepted in Tsinghua.. I sent an email to Fudan and they told me they couldn't confirm yet if I was awarded the scholarship and that I should wait for an official email.

And now my status in Tsinghua changed to Admitted :). I applied through the embassy but I sent two different applications.

Btw in my Tsinghua application I even have a student number, but not in Fudan.

@Elijah Thank you and thank you for maintaining the list! We're all awaiting the arrival of your good news!

@Breaknet @ferlingmule: Cheers for the responses! I hope you're correct, although I'm skeptical based on my stay at 川大 for a summer. I have further reasons for wanting to stay off campus, but we shall see where the die fall. The school has made it clear that they would prefer I not contact them again unless it's a life-and-death question (I called too many times to check on my application!) so will need to wait till September! Since we're still waiting for so many students to hear back, we will hopefully learn more about the living situation and stipends as time goes on.

@Imam @carranza: The school has told me that I have been awarded the scholarship, but both the school website and laihua continue to say that the application is "currently checking." I'm not sure how much those statuses actually mean.

• Like 1

@l.carranza

my fudan status changed to "Pre admission" more than a week ago, and a month ago they asked me information about my passport in order to prepare the admission package. I thought this meant I was already accepted in Fudan and I had no opportunity to be accepted in Tsinghua.. I sent an email to Fudan and they told me they couldn't confirm yet if I was awarded the scholarship and that I should wait for an official email.

And now my status in Tsinghua changed to Admitted :). I applied through the embassy but I sent two different applications.

Btw in my Tsinghua application I even have a student number, but not in Fudan.

My never said preadmission, did you receive an award letter ?

Enviado desde mi SM-G900F mediante Tapatalk

@Elijah Thank you and thank you for maintaining the list! We're all awaiting the arrival of your good news!

@Breaknet @ferlingmule: Cheers for the responses! I hope you're correct, although I'm skeptical based on my stay at 川大 for a summer. I have further reasons for wanting to stay off campus, but we shall see where the die fall. The school has made it clear that they would prefer I not contact them again unless it's a life-and-death question (I called too many times to check on my application!) so will need to wait till September! Since we're still waiting for so many students to hear back, we will hopefully learn more about the living situation and stipends as time goes on.

@Imam @carranza: The school has told me that I have been awarded the scholarship, but both the school website and laihua continue to say that the application is "currently checking." I'm not sure how much those statuses actually mean.

@alex_hart let me tell you a funny story...the guy in charge of the scholarships retrieved my online application (laihua) I freaked out because my online app currently says: "Submit new application" (like if I had never applied before) there was another message in Spanish(my native language) saying "duplicated application" I created an account long time ago but could not log back in eventho I'm pretty sure the password was correct, as matter of fact I never hit "submit" on that account but they somehow considered as a duplicated application. I sent an email to the embassy and the guy said that he has access to laihua and he saw the duplicated account (I thought only CSC personnel could manipulate the online app) and retrieved it, he told me and other applicants not to pay attention to the online application status, the reason some applications change status and some others not is because the person reviewing the documents has to manually enter each application number on the system and change the status accordingly, this labor is very tedious for them taking in acount that they receive hundreds of applications from all the world, ultimately the embassy or university will end up contacting you to tell you if you were awarded.

• Like 3

@carranza Interesting! I figured it was something like that. I had a similar scare as I had accidentally edited my application, switching it to "retrieved." Then it kept saying "Submit an application." I thoroughly convinced myself that this meant my application would be thrown out, and promptly began looking for jobs in China. The 浙大application was even worse as it continuously told me I was missing stuff and when I emailed them, it turned out I wasn't. This occurred four or five times. After that, I really stopped putting much trust in the statuses - perhaps there exists a bored individual playing around with our statuses to watch how we react.

@hannafit: 天天学习 好好向上!I've not really heard how the Chinese classes break down once we get there, but we will hopefully all be walking out with an HSK 5 or 6 by the end of this!   

@l.carranza

No, I don't have an award letter, I don't even know what is that. 

My application status for my first application has been currently checking since april. For my second application the status was "submitted" until last week it changed to "currently checking". And yes, maybe someone is playing with the status haha because sometimes I open my application #2 and the status is "no application submitted" , this has happened like 3 times in different months, weird.

@Alex Hart  

If you haven't already seen this blog, I think you and everyone else on here will find it quite amusing

https://www.gooverseas.com/blog/things-only-study-abroad-students-in-china-understand

We will definitely have to study hard! It'll be nice in Hangzhou as there aren't as many people who can speak English, which is better for us. You're going to be there for 3 years right? I'm sure by that point your Chinese will be at that level!! 

@hannafit: Amusing article! Gotta say, #10 will absolutely drain you. I went to Chengdu for a summer having only studied Chinese for one year in the states and actually thought my Chinese was decent based on all of the compliments I received. Then I remembered that Pleco was the only reason I was able to order food, that tones still existed on some alien planet that was far beyond my reach, and began noticing blank stares when I tried out new 生词 or 语法. Still, the compliments came. Please stop lying to me! 

And yes, Hangzhou should be beautiful! I picked it for a similar reason, plus the ever-so-slightly-better air. I intend on sending bottles of Hangzhou's less-polluted air to our friends here studying at 北大和清华 (I'm looking at you, Chris!).

People I'm having a debate with a friend who says that the number of partial scholarships is greater than full scholarships this doesn't make any sense for me, if you are offer a partial scholarship would you accept it, taking in account that you would have to be able to afford the rest ?

@l.carranza

I was offered a partial scholarship last year, I could not accept it because I knew I could not afford the rest. For me, its either all or none but I'm gonna have all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so help me God.

@abou

the same thing happened to me three times. But in my case was just a system mistake, I checked my status again and it was back to normal.. So you can do that, log out and log in again to see if it changes..

if your status has been "no application submitted" since months ago then I guess you should ask CSC.

• Like 2