Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

@Cantabile

Oh! Looks like you have a bone to pick with CSC.

But make no bones about it, we will get our notifications soon.

"Hey CSC! Throw us a frickin' bone!"

8)

Chris Two Times

• Like 1

@hannafit

Still waiting...I've no news yet.

Every finished day is one less day to wait.

It's July 7th where I sit now.

Chris Two Times

Well you're at least one day closer than me... I am sitting in the dark ages at the 6th of July. Maybe I'll catch up to you when we finally get to China :'D

8892454ad787cd2ebc0d67b8ca557fa805f2944c

This is how I feel with all this waiting.

I laughed SO HARD it couldn't be more the truth... Ivery been checking my email around 10 times a day... :'D

The wait is killing us.

• Like 1

Be strong guys, I'm on the wait train with you !

I check my emails and this topic everyday, even though I don't really learn anything new. It's really hard having to wait with no news or info on the status of our applications...

• Like 1

Well at least I'm not the only one suffering.

I have already quit my stupid office job, so if I don't get this scholarship I will be unemployed...

We made a whatsapp group in where all the applicants from my country share info and their application status. They all say we all have the scholarship for sure (we got the recommendation letter from the embassy so this gives them the notion that we already obtained) I'm a little skeptic/pessimistic, I don't know about you guys but the waiting time is killing me slowly, If I don't get this scholarship I don't have a plan B...just going back to another office job.

Enviado desde mi SM-G900F mediante Tapatalk

Well at least I'm not the only one suffering.

I have already quit my stupid office job, so if I don't get this scholarship I will be unemployed...

We made a whatsapp group in where all the applicants from my country share info and their application status. They all say we all have the scholarship for sure (we got the recommendation letter from the embassy so this gives them the notion that we already obtained) I'm a little skeptic/pessimistic, I don't know about you guys but the waiting time is killing me slowly, If I don't get this scholarship I don't have a plan B...just going back to another office job.

I already have had a notification from the CSC in May that I have received the scholarship...I'm awaiting the CSC to tell me where I'm going -____- have you already at least been told you have received the scholarship??

I already have had a notification from the CSC in May that I have received the scholarship...I'm awaiting the CSC to tell me where I'm going -____- have you already at least been told you have received the scholarship??

The award letter I received says we were awarded with the scholarship, but I don't think so...I asked the people of the embassy and they say we have 90% of chances of getting the scholarship...I'm so confused...

The award letter I received says we were awarded with the scholarship, but I don't think so...I asked the people of the embassy and they say we have 90% of chances of getting the scholarship...I'm so confused...

I torally get what you're saying. It's a little bit ambiguous..however I think we've gotten the scholarship and now we wait for the school we'll attend. What was your first choice?

I torally get what you're saying. It's a little bit ambiguous..however I think we've gotten the scholarship and now we wait for the school we'll attend. What was your first choice?

Fudan

I hope we can get it

I agree. I would love to attend that school...but I'm open to wherever they want to send me :D

This year I've applied again for the scholarship and I believe/hope I have good chances, however as lot of you said the wait is really frustrating this year.

Anyway good luck to everyone and I'm sure many of us here will be rewarded for their patience in the end!

• Like 1

I have just confirmed with ZheDa that I will be attending, so I am now in part two of an anxious summer. While I am now (reasonably) certain that I will be a resident of Hangzhou for three years, it seems the waiting game may continue up until school starts. I have not received much in the way of information regarding lodging and am as nervous as others on here. I would vastly prefer to live off campus as I am a vegetarian (perhaps I'll break down and become a pescatarian in China when eating outside the home) and am not particularly confident in being able to find non-meat options in the school canteen. I have received different answers on this topic when speaking to the school. It seems they reserve number of rooms for foreign students, and any students over x will be given stipends to live off campus. If they enroll less than x students, then no students will be given a stipend as all students will have a dorm already reserved for them upon arrival.

Second, visas! Hangzhou will apparently be suffering from rather apocalyptic security and travel delays due to the G20, so I will be unable to arrive until September 8th, but have been told as late as the 11th. This makes buying a plane ticket rather difficult!

@hannafit Seems we may be classmates in ZheDa for a year then! Good luck to you on gaining admissions, though I am sure you will have a great experience wherever you end up.

• Like 2

@Alex_Hart

To be honest, the Chinese culture has always relied on a heavy consumption of vegetable-based dishes. Consequently, unless you are vegan (which is a totally different scenario), I wouldn't be too anxious about it.

• Like 2

@Alex_Hart 

I second the above poster re: vegetarian/vegan issues. I lived in Dalian for a year previously and there was a good vegan restaurant nearby the campus, so I assume there ought to be one in Hangzhou as well, since it's a much bigger city. 

Additionally, as was mentioned, pretty much any restaurant you go to has some awesome eggplant dishes and the classic stir-fry eggs and tomatoes. They might use the same cooking oil or cooking utensils to cook everything, but aside from that there's usually a good variety of veggie dishes to choose from, you don't really need to worry about it. 

• Like 2

@abou

If you mean the 14-name list, it is not for Nanjing university of information science and technology. It is a list of those who have been awarded CSC Scholarship in CSC FORUMS 2016 thread. Though Chris is waiting like all of us, his assurance level is as sure as real. I hope you understand...

@Aymen

I love the spirit of CSC Forums, no one kills him/herself because it didn't work. Please maintain contact with the school as closely as possible so that next year you do not start from the scratch.

Ultimately, all things work together for good if you love God and desire good times.

Cheer up bro.

@Rebel

I think the power of time over us will soon wane after all, time is simply passing. I spoke with my friend yesterday and he assured me again that within days, the final result will get to FUDAN and they will begin spreading the good news.

I think you have waited beautifully already, regardless of the waiting pains but I think it is full of lifelong lessons.

Somethings we so urgently desire in life, somehow, do not come as quickly as we expect them. Waiting with peace is a virtue in itself and we have all got a share of it. Congratulations to all that are in already.

They are our fore runners and we hope to get our names on some good lists too.

@ Cantabile

Hahahahahahahahahahaa

Indeed in times like these, many words will hardly help. You captured the feeling which I have been seeing in the words of fellow waiters on this forum. The pix also relieves.... Happy waiting, I'm at 7/7/16.

@l.caranza

I am hoping for FUDAN too, I'm to do a PhD. Fudan has heard back from CSC and will communicating winners soon. Your name should be on their list. I spoke with a friend there yesterday. Since you had award letter from the embassy, you are good to go. The only thing that will make you not go to Fudan is if they don't have a program that matches your preferences or space is filled. As for me, I think I must study there since I applied through FUDAN and not embassy.

A few more days and we will become masters over past time. Cheer up and wait.

Dear all, the list grows with two names

15. Rachael_D

16. Alex_Hart

1. Economicactivist

2. Chris Two Times

3. Antsa

4. leemakosa

5. Sula

6. not89

7. samrat

8. Hanafit

9. Paraprove

10.Tomzuklin

11.josesierrag

12. Jude

13. Kristin

14. yano-chin

15. Rachael_D

16. Alex_Hart

@ Rachael_D

@ Alex_Hart

Plenty of congratulations. Your success is a source of hope to an unending list of waiters. Because you got it, we have more convincing reasons to wait. Congrats once again.

• Like 1

@EU Window students:

Did anyone get a response on the admission results by emailing or phoning Mr Chen Gong? I mean, responses besides "results will be published in mid-July". I am asking because it seems that some people get their results informally by contacting their respective universities/receiving agencies, while others don't. I sent an email, but no reply.