Chinese-Forums

2017 CSC Scholarships

Angelina

So if you just apply to CSC and not CSC + each uni

Then how do they know which program you want to do? 

You get to choose later or they just assign you?

e.g. @Yamiiiiii if you apply to a uni for HR management

how do they know if you want to do for example

Bsc Analytics or Bsc Corporate Governance

you know what I mean? HR management would be the department but

each uni has different degrees under each department

• Like 1

@abdul

why is that, the csc website is not response nowadays, it seems the traffic is too much, we all hope for the best.

@ELIJAH you said you will help us but we have not been hearing from you. by the way how is Fudan Elijah

am hoping for my Status will change to in-progresss

I have applied for PhD directly at two universities,  one is tsinghua and another is Zhejiang university. Tsinghua has already recommended me as a candidate for the CGS scholarship, and my csc status is "in progress" for tsinghua application. However, I haven't received any news from Zhejiang university. I would like to pursue Tsinghua so how should I withdraw from zhejiang university?  Please reply.

Hello ppl, I see ppl messed up by statuses, firstly submitted means they received ur documents but didnt touch it yet, in progress or in process not means CSC is checking ur documents, CSC just check documents for final results, in progress or in process means university is checking ur documents, thereafter u will get pre-admission if university choose you and ur status will change to entered the school or final result unrealased then they will send ur documents to CSC and they will make final decision. Thats all but best is keep in touch with ur university cuz some universities never changing status, specially which have lazzy staff.

And some advices... Contact the university and introduce urself before applying for a scholarship otherwise its a bit hard to get scholarship if u havent HSK or english certificate with high ranks. I had applied chinese goverment scholarship at 2015 when I was graduated but didnt get scholarship cuz I had confucius scholarship at 2014 and hadnt join HSK exam that I guess why didnt get it. I still didnt join HSK exam due to time problem but applied again this year, got pre-admission and waitin for final results now, but Im not hopeful,  I have also no idea whats the chance get scholarship after getting pre-admission. I have many friends who got scholarship and who rejected many times :)

btw, good luck for everyone, wish ur dreams become true.

• Like 4

@Yamiiiiii You don't need an agent to help you apply. The application to Chinese Unis for private finance are completely free and also many Unis offer their own scholarships especially for Msc and Phd. Also I did apply via embassy too but my application seems not to change from submitted. It is worse because I don't really know whether my application was sent to CSC or not and there's really no way to find out. Good luck though as we await.

• Like 1

@Jabri thanks i did apply through the university, so am patiently waiting for them to admit me

@SuCheng are you sure the university have many private scholarship for students, which is better than apply through ur local embassy

let hope for the best. this platform is really helping us 

hey guys, so does anyone has an idea of how many scholarships universities award each year?

because i couldn't get the supervisor early, the school changed my scholarship to type B and since type b is given by the school, i feel like my chances have reduced.

@wanzima35  who apply through embassy? its worse,  

Im talking about chinese goverment scholarship,just find a suitable university and contact university, its easy to find their mails, mostly they will tell u to apply or not, this way u also will not waste ur time thereafter directly send ur documents to university, thats all. 

btw, ppl can be accepted by more than one university, they will let u choose ur own university, nobody need cancel their applications when got a pre-admission from one university. Can be awarded as a scholarship student by many universities and then u can choose ur own uni.