Chinese-Forums

2017 CSC Scholarships

Angelina

Been lurking around for some time. Checking my status on csc daily hoping for a change but still submitted. Applied via embassy so I guess I can wait as embassies do take their time to send applications. A change in status to "In progress" simply means your application has reachde CSC(hard copies) and you are a step away from final selection. 

Ok, now I'm seriously concerned. When I asked the office of the university if I need to mail the documents they said "Please note that application will be processed online, and applicants DO NOT need to mail the paper application materials to our office. Also, paper documents would not be seen as a valid application." But don't CSC need to have my documents? i am so confused. Anyone else here applied directly to SJTU?

According to the 2016 thread, some people started receiving good news from the first days of June but for others the wait time reached even the last days of July. We need to be prepare for something similar and be patient. 

@Tiri The whole application process (admission and scholarship applications) is ENTIRELY online at SJTU. So long as you've applied online at the CSC website and SJTU website, there's nothing to worry about.

TO ALL THOSE WHO APPLIED TO SUFE, I CALLED THIS MORNING TO CONFIRM IF I HAD BEEN SELECTED SEEING THAT SOME STUDENTS ALREADY RECEIVED EMAILS AND I WAS TOLD THAT ALL EMAILS HAVE BEEN SENT TO SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS AND THAT IF YOU HAVEN'T RECEIVED ANY EMAIL YET, IT MEANS YOU WERE NOT SUCCESSFUL. CHEERS.

• Like 2

Hi everyone, I have a question. I've already applied to CSC from Peking and my application status is in progress. Now, Tsinghua also emailed me and told me they are recommending me to apply. But it seems that I'll have to create a new account to make this application. What should I do?

@Tarek90 Hi! Did you mean that the status in your CSC account is already in progress? But did you receive an email from Peking? Regarding Tsinghua, I'm not sure if you can still apply for a CSC Application through Tsinghua since most applications have closed. But in any case that Tsinghua is still accepting, then you should create a new CSC account. Even though get the scholarship through Tsinghua you'll just have to pick one. If Peking is you first choice then I guess no need to apply through Tsinghua.

• Like 1

@ctan15 Thanks for the reply. Yes, the status is now showing in progress and there's no way to edit that application now. I haven't received any email from Peking after the scholarship application, but they told me to apply for it though.

Today, I've received an email from Tsinghua saying I've been recommended to CSC scholarship from their University, but I have to apply by 5pm, May 10. It seems I have to create a new account to apply for it though. Is it acceptable or against CSC's terms of policy to create duplicate account?