Chinese-Forums

2017 CSC Scholarships

Angelina

@xit I hope you make it, I can feel the burning desire in you. You deserved it!

@Lollipopii I got it from the Chinese Government Scholarship Facebook page. The page isn't very nice but at least there are some people sharing some useful informations such as the deadline for universities. As @hejmeddig said, you could also go to the website of the university you're interested in and check the deadline for the applications.

Exactly, the deadline is set by the respective authorities.

Thanks. It's not that I can't make it, I can make it (btw I didn't do the blood type one, is that ok?). It's because I took a break at one point during high school...So, basicaly it doesn't matter if I apply this year or try again next year, the break is still there. I don't think they will even bother with my grades or other stuff, they'll just see the break and I'm out. I guess you could say I was a high school drop out because of it. But I decided I really want to study medicine, so I went back and finished it. My grades are good enough. I want to do this. But it seems like I won't be going to China, not in this life time.

@xit Stop being so pessimistic! As long as you have your high school degree, I am positive the break won't limit your chances of being accepted. Send your application materials, have a backup plan, and let the universe decide for you. 

• New Members

Hello, I've applied for CSC scholarship programme.
I sent all the documents along with CSC form to the university (Renmin)
I just got my pre-admission notification and the campus told me to apply to CSC using the pre-admission letter.
Isn't the campus supposed to forward my application to CSC?
I am confused. Please help

According to the website of Chinamission.be the application for the EU window Chinese government scholarship  deadline was 1 April. Why is it so early. Do you guys know if something is still arrangable? The deadline is one month earlier than the year before ;(

Another question. Are all red starred universities  available for all the CSC scholarships? There are server all kinds of csc scholarships like Eu window or Chinese university scholarship

@cecilia.juwita you have to attach the pre-admission letter to your documents. Since the CSC receive so many applications receiving pre-admission letter from universities and attaching them to each application would make the process longer.

@Lollipopii Yes that was the deadline. It's imperative to keep checking from January to avoid this inconvenience. You can email/call and see if you can send your documents overdue.

You are right, red starred universities are the ones who accept CGS students. You also need to check if your desired program is in red starred too.

• New Members

well, i attached my csc form when i sent my application (i was applying to csc bia university and i followed all the steps, including register online and printed csc form then sent it with other application forms). i read at renmin website, i should send all the documents then they will list all candidates and forward the application to csc.

I already asked the staff there but they asked me to check csc official website. is there anything that i missed?

• New Members

@cecilia.juwita Either you apply through university or embassy, there should be a procedure to apply it. That's a good question @miss-kapa, what is your agency number ? If it was Renmin, make sure the deadline is not overdue. I think Renmin thought you're applying through the embassy which is why they asked you to check at CSC official website.

By the way, has anyone ever heard any candidates that has received an award letter by the embassy or any other agents to get rejected by CSC ?    

@cecilia.juwita Either you apply through university or embassy, there should be a procedure to apply it. That's a good question @miss-kapa, what is your agency number ? If it was Renmin, make sure the deadline is not overdue. I think Renmin thought you're applying through the embassy which is why they asked you to check at CSC official website.

By the way, has anyone ever heard any candidates that has received an award letter by the embassy or any other agents to get rejected by CSC ?

So there are different sub- kinds of CSC scholarships, which ones are still open and apply to chinese language program students? All the ones I can find seem passed deadline..

@Lollipopii I know Guizhou University, which is the best ranked in Guizhou province is still open, and they have the Chinese language program.

Check out this link: Guizhou application brochure

On their website, they show that the deadline is in June

Note: Application for Degree Programs is open until June 30 each year; the application for Chinese Language and Culture Program is open until June 30 for the fall semester 

, but in the brochure, it is April 20. Might be worth looking into!

I just received a pre-admission letter from Shanghai Jiaotong, although the deadline of the EU Window has already passed and  I submitted my application materials in mid-March. Is there anything I can do to have it included in the processing of my application?

Also, the pre-admission letter states I must give them an answer by June 10, however it seems that the EU Window doesn't generally publish results until July..

Hi I am really confused. I've read through the forums to try to understand what I should do but I am still confused.

I applied for the Chinese scholarship through my government because my government recommends people to the Chinese embassy and those people are awarded with the scholarship. Through a series of unfortunate events that eventually worked out (sort of) I was awarded the Chinese government scholarship but the embassy doesn't have any of my application documents which I had given to the Ministry of Education in my country. 

Anyway my question is, if I have already gotten the scholarship do I still need to apply to the University directly for an admissions letter? Also I have applied online on the CSC website. Is that enough?

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and so glad I found this forum! Hopefully you guys can help me, I'm at a loss.

So I've been learning Chinese at my Confucius Institute in the UK. I wanted to apply for this year's CIS (as advised by my CIS teacher) for one year. Now they've changed the requirements (HSK3 at 270, from 180 last year) and I no longer qualify for CIS. So I talked to a really lovely and helpful teacher at Fudan (my preferred uni) who said that the CSC University scholarships are already closed but I could approach my Chinese embassy in the UK to see if I can make that deadline.

So that's what I did. Applications were closing that same day but when I sent my study record, publications etc over to the (very helpful!) man who seems to be running this year's CSC for the UK he agreed to accept a late application and gave me an extension of a few days. I wanted to apply for a Master's scholarship but after having seen my academic record he recommended I apply as Senior Scholar so I did. I submitted my physical examination form very late which he agreed to but he did announce that this would mean I'd go on a "waiting list" and might get my results late.

By now everyone I know who applied in time for CSC (and not Senior Scholar, actually) has their results. I've tried to approach my contact at the embassy twice now to ask when I might hear my results but he never replied again. I don't want to pester him as he's been incredibly helpful and supportive and I'm sure that if he had anything to say to me, he would.

Now my question: has anyone got any experience with late applications and how long it might take for me to get any kind of result? My CI teacher advised to apply for CIS now even though I don't fulfil the criteria. The deadline for that is Monday. I'm very hesitant to follow her advice as I've read here in the forum that one person who did apply for both and got both had their preferred choice cancelled - does anyone know more about that?

Any advice on waiting time for late submissions, "waiting lists" and dual applications for CSC and CIS would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone, and good luck to everyone else who applied!