Chinese-Forums

2017 CSC Scholarships

Angelina

Hi guys,

Has anyone applied for Chinese University Postgraduate Scholarship (CSC scholarship) to SUFE?

Are there any news from the university? Has the university informed you that your documents are going to be sent to Beijing for assessment?

On 4/18/2017 at 2:56 AM, hejmeddig said:

The generated pre-admission letter for SJTU was modified to remove the reply by date. The following sentence was removed when I checked the letter today (saved a pdf of the original): 

"Please confirm with us whether you'll come to study in SJTU by June 10, 2017".

I just checked mine and the "Please confirm with us whether you'll come to study in SJTU by June 10, 2017" is still there. I sent SJTU an email asking about the CSC results but I didn't get a reply (yet). 
Do you get the option "Pay Tuition Fee" on the SJTU online application system?. What does it say when you click on it?

@zhandingjietie I also applied to SUFE for the CSC Scholarship but I've not received any news from them yet. I emailed them almost a week ago to know if they would be informing applicants whether their documents have been sent to Beijing for review but still haven't got any reply yet. Still waiting.  

Hey guys does anybody know how the University placement works? I ask because I let the CSC choose the uni from my preferred options but it seems like in 2 of them the application dates have passed already, would the CSC send the documents to them anyway?

@zhandingjietie I also applied to SUFE for the CSC Scholarship but I've not received any news from them yet. I emailed them almost a week ago to know if they would be informing applicants whether their documents have been sent to Beijing for review but still haven't got any reply yet. Still waiting. 

@Olusola Hey everyone, and Olusola since you seem to be applying to Zhejiang University as well. 

I received a CSC award letter from the Toronto Consulate, and they suggested that I follow up with the Universities I applied to in order to get a pre-admission letter. I received this earlier than expected and I feel like it usually happens in the opposite order. 

I'm not sure who I should email at Zhejiang University, anyone have any ideas? 

@Jianada You could try the International student office or the school that have the major you apply for. For example, if you apply for Language studies, you should contact the School of Language and Translation. This procedure is different between universities though. Some universities will ask you to contact the international students office. I usually send an email to both sides, the School and ISO. 

@Kingsley88

Have you applied for a Master or Doctor Degree scholarship?

I know several girls who applied for Master Degree scholarship, they have not received any reply either.

I applied for Doctor Degree. Last Thursday I asked them about my application and got the following reply:

"The final result hasn't come out. But we can tell you that you have great possibility to be enrolled as our scholarship winner.So it's unnecessary for you to apply another university. We will send your appliction documents to Beijing to go under assessment in May. "

I wonder if need to cancel applications to other universities?

What if guys from SUFE international cooperation office change their mind at the last moment and won't send my application documents to Beijing?

On 4/29/2017 at 8:22 PM, MaLei said:

I just checked mine and the "Please confirm with us whether you'll come to study in SJTU by June 10, 2017" is still there. I sent SJTU an email asking about the CSC results but I didn't get a reply (yet). 
Do you get the option "Pay Tuition Fee" on the SJTU online application system?. What does it say when you click on it?

I don't have the "Pay Tuition Fee" option.

@Olusola I also asked ZheDa before and they said it's really hard to get a supervisor/mentor for graduate studies. I tried e-mailing a couple before but no one responded. If Zheda really is your school choice, you really need to find someone who is willing to help you with the process.

@zhandingjietie I don't think you should cancel your applications to other universities. It's best if you keep all your options open till the end. Plus, they've already assured you that your documents will be sent to beijing in May, so no need to worry. As for me, I applied for a masters degree. And can I get the email you used to contact them, I haven't gotten any reply from the last message I sent.

1 hour ago, Kingsley88 said:

And can I get the email you used to contact them, I haven't gotten any reply from the last message I sent.

Thank you for your advice.

My friends who applied for Master's Degree don't get any replies from the office. Perhaps they haven't made up their mind yet on Master's degree candidates.

Here is their e-mail: ices@mail.shufe.edu.cn