Chinese-Forums

2017 CSC Scholarships

Angelina

@Danidan Congrats, so you need to resend your documents to the embassy? As long as you get the award letter, that's what matters. 

Yeah, normally you have to email or call the international students office of your choice universities. Depending on the university, some university is very flexible and that the procedure is pretty simple. For example, you email the person/department in charge of the admission process and they request you to send a scanned copy of your academic transcript, degree certificate and passport, then they will send to you your pre-admission letter.

• New Members

i have apploied for csc scholarship and my category is type B, my professor will carry the documents to china. but there is a problem, i wanted to apply for major in "management science and engineering" but in the form, there was no option like that, so i selected the most relevant field which was, "Civil engineering construction and management". will i be adjusted in "management science and engineering" or my application will be rejected. although my professor said not to worry but i wanted to confirm. thanks in advance.

The generated pre-admission letter for SJTU was modified to remove the reply by date. The following sentence was removed when I checked the letter today (saved a pdf of the original): 

"Please confirm with us whether you'll come to study in SJTU by June 10, 2017".

I wonder if this sentence was removed out of consideration for scholarship students who won't know the results until July (per the EU window publication date). Anyone else applying to SJTU and had the same thing happen?

@hejmeddig Yeah ive applied there too and my preadmission letter has had its "please confirm with us whether you'll come to study in SJTU by june 10,2107" removed.

I dont know why they would have done it, but its not only for people who are applying through the EU window. I applied directly to the university and mine has been changed too apparently.

May i ask if there is any chance in your scholarship status on the website? mine still says under review.

Thanks

I don't really get how the application procedure is for the chinese goverment scholarship. On the website are several subkinds (EU window, bilateral, Chinese university) of this scholarship. I want to study one year chinese language, non-degree program, for which one do I qualify? 

And i've emailed the bilateral one for more information but they don't reply. 

What is the best solution if i want to start studying this September?

@karakorum that's a good sign to show that someone at CSC has downloaded your application and it is under review. I keep checking daily to have my status change to this although in the recent past people have been awarded csc scholarship with just status "Submitted". I hope mine can change to in progress too as that would be my only way to find out the embassy sent my docs. Otherwise, the process here is not very clear as no award letter is given. We simply apply and submit to the embassy and wait. Good luck.

Hi guys!

Did anyone get Pre-admission letter from Fudan university or Shanghai University of Finance and Economics for Master's degree? (Through Chinese embassy program, with Award letter from SGS)

How long did it take? What was the procedure? Having some difficulties there, for some reason it takes so long for them to reply.

Hi again, I've posted quite a few things recently but none of them have been approved yet, so I fear I'll be flooding this forum with outdated info once I get approved.

I've applied for CSC through my embassy (UK). My status is also still "submitted". Kind of relieved to hear others are in the same situation. Thanks @LanceGonza for the info - didn't realise you could get accepted without the application being "under review" or "in progress"!

Once the application status changes to "Currently Checking" it will stay that way till you hear word on the actual acceptance letter. Don't worry, CSC likes to make you wait haha. I found out I got the scholarship only one month before I had to leave haha.

• Like 1

Hi @Artemiy, do you mean you have the award letter for CSC (through the embassy) already and want to apply for Fudan and Shanghai University of Economics? Or you want the award letter from those two unis to apply for CSC through the embassy?

I'm applying for the CSC scholarship through my embassy (UK) and Fudan is my first choice. Fudan told me they don't give out pre-admission notices for the CSC embassy application. You need to apply for CSC without the pre-admission notice (that's fine, I checked with my embassy and that's normal), then you need to take the embassy's CSC award letter (if you get it) and use it to apply at Fudan.

If that's what you've already done and haven't heard back, as far as I know Fudan applications are closing next week Friday so I'm assuming you won't hear back from them until after the closing date?

Does anyone have an email for Dongbei University of finance and economics? Or Southwestern University of finance and economics. I went to their website (I think) and sent an email and got no response. I tried applying online but their online application is giving me issues.

@Rytis95I checked to be sure and it does say " Application Status: In Progress " on the website http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/,, I have never seen "currently checking". This is a regular CSC application to my country's China embassy, not EU window or anything.

I don't think you should read too much into it as it appears that my country's embassy has always been very fast at dealing with applications in the past years (france). Last year for instance, a french guy got his the official acceptance letter on the10th of May, while some other countries sometime have to wait into mid august...

@LanceGonza Thanks and good luck to you too.

@Jellyfish

Hi, yeah, I've already got my Award letter and sent them to Fudan, but they told me I gotta wait for a about week or two. But I need to get it as soon as possible because the deadline is on April 23rd. Did they give it to you? Called them a few times, but didnt have much progress in it. 

Guys! Would be really grateful if someone could share the Fudan University International Students office WeChat number, as it's quite uncomfortable to contact them by mail or phone. 

@Artemiy

Sorry if I'm being thick but I still don't quite understand - why do you need the pre-admission letter if you've already received your Award Letter? With the Award Letter you can now apply at Fudan University, you don't need a pre-admission letter for that. What's the deadline for? Fudan applications? I thought they close at the end of April?

I'm afraid I don't have Fudan's WeChat number, sorry.

@Jellyfish Nope, it's the deadline for CSC program A (Chinese Embassy program). That's what Award letter says: "In order to enhance your opportunity to enter your target university and winthe scholarship, you are strongly recommended to contact directly with the Chinese universities for a pre-admission letter and put it in your scholarshipapplication package".

Chinese Embassy in my country told me to get pre-admission letters from target universities (those one that I put into my Laihua application). The ones are Fudan University and Shanghai University of Finance and Economics. By sending me pre-admission letter (sometimes it's also called Conditional offer) they show that if I get the scholarship, they will accept me as their student.

Award Letter doesn't guarantee that I'll be accepted by CSC, it just makes me eligible to apply for CSC. And pre-admission letter should increase my chances of getting the scholarship, that's the point.

Just thought that someone had same experience and could help me with advice how to get in touch with someone from these universities International student officies and finally receive this Pre-admission letter.

Thank you for the reply anyway! 

@Artemiy Ah I see, I just read up on it and you're absolutely right, I got it all mixed up. I thought the award letter = CSC scholarship award but it's just for your uni application, to confirm you're a candidate. Got it.

I see what the issue is and I'm afraid I don't have a solution for you, I applied for CSC without a pre-admission notice for Fudan. My main issue now is getting the Award Letter! The only thing I can recommend you is to try and contact the head of the department you want to attend at Fudan directly (as opposed to trying to contact the International or Admissions Office) - for me, that's the only person who ever replied to my emails.

Good luck and let me know how it goes!