Chinese-Forums

2017 CSC Scholarships

Angelina

@Artemiy Oh man it took forever but I finally found that document where I originally got my contact's email address. Take a look at this and find the head of the department you're applying to, try emailing them instead. As I said, that's the only person who always replies to all my emails immediately.

Good luck!

Fudan Departments Contacts.xlsx

@Artemiy Although I applied under Type B to Shanghai University of Finance and Economics, I contacted the admissions office using this number +86-21-65361944 and the phone was promptly answered and I got all the help I needed. I hope you do find it useful. Cheers!!! Good to see another SUFE applicant.

@Jellyfish Thanks for help!

Forgot to mention that I've already contacted my department (school of economics), got my documents checked and even passed the interview with my future teacher. They approved my as a candidate and told me to send all the documents to the 留学生办公室 (International students office), so did I. Also registered at their website http://admission.iso.fudan.edu.cn , but my application is still "In review". Tried to call them directly (International students office, I mean), they asked my application number (was persuading them for a long time) and said they'd try to review it asap. Going to call them every day now, I guess.

Are there anyone else applying to Fudan also?

On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 2:37 AM, Danidan said:

Does anyone have an email for Dongbei University of finance and economics? Or Southwestern University of finance and economics. I went to their website (I think) and sent an email and got no response. I tried applying online but their online application is giving me issues.

@Danidan.Try this email.The lady is very helpful.

scholarship@dufe.edu.cn

@Kingsley88 Thanks! Called them today. They told me they need 2-3 days to check all the documents and send pre-admission letter (but I sent it on Tuesday). Also they said that there were too many people applying for my target major (international trade), so they probably won't be able to give me pre-admission letter. Even though I've got Award Letter. Seems so weird..

Hi all. So I applied for a provincial scholarship and unfortunately didn't get it but was instead handed a Scholarship by the Uni that only pays part of tuition. So within a week am supposed to pay 6,000 yuan as the money I'll be paying yearly for the course duration. My question is how possible is it to get work as a student to help meet the living expenses? Plus I also applied for bilateral scholarship via embassy for my second time. However I wouldn't want to waste this chance while at the same time I wouldn't want to sail in waters am unaware of. Your kind guidance will be appreciated.

@LanceGonza

I studied abroad for a summer at SJTU in 2013 and two of my fellow exchange students were approached by a guy on the street and they started tutoring for 75 RMB/hr. I've also heard it is fairly easy to tutor English for similar rates. A forewarning though, it is illegal to work or make money on a student visa, so if you decide to do it, be careful.

• Like 2

• New Members

Hi everyone. So I want to study physics + a year of chinese in Peking University but I have encountered a few problems.

First, at the PKU online application site I found no option to apply for neither undergrad nor Chinese as a Second Language. How do I get a pre-admission

Second, what exactly is "study plan"?

Third, If I want to study chinese for a year, then physics (4 years), then I should write in both periods combined? (2017-2022)

Thanks for any answers you can give me.

On the last day before deadline (Chinese Embassy in Russia is sending all the documents today) I finally managed to get the pre-admission letter from Fudan! Now all is left is to wait for the CSC decision. Good luck to everyone, guys!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Tiri said:

Anyone knows what time the CSC decision is published? I looked on last year's thread and seems like we'll have to wait till mid July, not sure though -_____-

EU Window right?... Yeah, guessing you haven't heard any update whatsoever? No status update on the scholarship portal either?