Chinese-Forums

2017 CSC Scholarships

Angelina

@Peizhe I applied directly to Fudan for PhD. They sent me an email on July 4th, mentioning that I have been recommended by them for the CSC scholarship. After that, no communications. I heard from my prospective supervisor that this time Fudan will postpone the registration dates. 

• New Members

Hey everyone,

I applied for the Master's in Management Science and Engineering at Tsinghua University and was admitted. They recommended me for the scholarship and told me that by the beginning of July I'd get an answer. The date was postponed to end of June. Now the person dealing with my program is out of office until the 14th of August and I'm not sure what to make out of all of this. 

I don't know if it makes any difference but I'm from Germany.

Thanks for your help here and let's stay positive.

• Like 1

Hi everyone, 

First , congratulations to the ones who have received the scholarship and good luck  for the ones who are still waiting, hope you'll get it. 

I'm considering applying to CGS next year and I want to know what does it take to win the scholarship: are good grades, good english and some working experience enough? 

@cano I am also in the same situation like yours. I will study architecture master program in Tsinghua. My major department recommended me to type B of CSC scholarship. I got admission package but, the package didnt say about the result. It just siad this

Dear Chinese Government Scholarship applicant,

This is to inform you that Tsinghua University would like to nominate you as a candidate for Chinese Government Scholarship.

Please note that the Scholarship awarded result will be subject to the approval of the China Scholarship Council. Once the final result of the Chinese Government Scholarship is announced by the China Scholarship Council, we will promptly notify you by e-mail. If you fail to receive the Chinese Government Scholarship, the fees for the duration of your first academic year at Tsinghua University will be covered by yourself. From the second academic year, you will still have the chance to apply for the tuition scholarships for current graduate students at Tsinghua University (the tuition scholarships cover partial or full tuition fee for one academic year) based on the relevant policies of the Chinese government and Tsinghua University.

Thanks for your kind understanding. We sincerely welcome you to Tsinghua University.

Best regards,
Graduate Scholarship and Grants Management Office

I have waited for the scholarship result from march!... The visa form type inside my admission package was jw202. However, I heard CSC recipent's visa form type is jw201. This makes me worry about it too much....How about your situation?

I've just sent email asking when the result will be announced to Graduate Scholarship and Grants Management Office. The only answer of it was autoreply :

1.      For incoming students of 2018, application of scholarships in 2018 has not begun. If you want to apply for scholarships through Tsinghua University, you may consult the Gradate Admission Office at grad@tsinghua.edu.cn for more information about admission to graduate programs of Tsinghua University 2018. Tsinghua University will select scholarship candidates among students who have been pre-admitted by Tsinghua University.
2.      If you are an incoming student of 2017,
1)      If you have been nominated as a Chinese Government Scholarship Candidate by Tsinghua University, the final result of the Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC), which is subject to the approval of the China Scholarship Council, has not been announced yet. We will promptly notify you by e-mail when the final result is released by the China Scholarship Council. Please wait patiently.
2)      Concerning questions about visa application and dormitory application, you may consult the International Students and Scholars Centre at iso@tsinghua.edu.cn.

Yours sincerely,
Graduate Scholarship and Grants Management Office

the only way is just 'to wait patiently'

• Like 1

@SuperRacoon

I'm in a similar situation to yours at Shanghai Jiaotong.  Initially, about 5 weeks ago when I got a nomination email, they said CSC results would be released by end of July. When I inquired last week they now said early August. Whatever that means.

My classmates who applied through European embassies have started to hear back, although some of them are still unsure which school they were awarded a scholarship to (seems like some applied to more than one in Type A)

has anyone in the USA heard back??

It seems the CSC are behind schedule. I just don't know how much longer we can afford to wait since it will be August soon.

2 hours ago, Nhq0117 said:

Initially, about 5 weeks ago when I got a nomination email, they said CSC results would be released by end of July. When I inquired last week they now said early August. Whatever that means.

Xiamen did the same thing. Initially it was 'before mid July', then they said 'late July', then it was 'early August. So I guess CSC is really late with giving them the results. But in the meantime they have sent me the admission package and  jw202 form - but I'm worried that this means I won't get the scholarship as it should be jw201. 

• Like 1

@sufei That indicates to me that none of these schools has a clue what's going on at the CSC. They keep their cards close to their chest, I guess.

in my case however they have not sent an admission package. Which wouldn't be a big deal except we need those for visa applications.

• Like 2

• New Members

@Saleh yes, I have already received my admission package and in the package they mentioned my nomination for the scholarship.

@SuperRacoon i think we just gotta wait. I talked to my department office very often and they always said that they don't know anything about what CGS is doing. They just always made me wait because they thought I'd get the answer from CGS at some point but I didn't.