Chinese-Forums

2017 CSC Scholarships

Angelina

Agreed...although sometimes I wonder if such an investment will really pay off for them. You know, there are many native Chinese students who would love to go to uni but cant financially afford it, while the government spends crazy amounts of money to educate foreigners who sometimes just come, have fun and leave (language students mainly). As much as Im grateful for the generous opportunities given to us, I know I would be upset if my country’s government behaved like that. 

Just a reflection...

• Like 3

This how you make your country stronger overall, creating relationships and soft power through education. And while it may seem like a lot of money to us, it's really a pittance considering the number of actual students on the CGS. 

• Like 1

Guys,

I received my pre-admission letters (two) last year December and January this year. The first letter was from a professor in the Computer Science Department of the school accepting me as master student under his supervision. The second was from the University (NUAA) offering me admission into my programme. When I last contacted the Prof. he said I have been shortlisted for the CSC scholarship and that they would notify me when the list is out. That was early in June, but till now no news. I want to know what my chances are to get the CSC scholarship. Guys, help me out.

@drhaleem I have not received any post mail from CSC nor the University. 

I have, however, received an email from Sichuan Uni. saying I was admitted and to await the admission package in the mail (this was 2 months ago) I have also seen my name on this recommend list for the CGS released a few days ago:

http://www.cscscholarships.org/csc

• Like 1

@SaintGersh you apply CGS via embassy right? If yes, you just wait for the result of embassy because the result just come out from embassy not the university. If the university said you have been shortlisted for CGS, it means you get it. Have embassy in your country publish the result?

@VL02 Hi.. If you get the result from embassy (maybe you are the 1st person see the notification from embassy in your email) please see my email too n confirm to me yaaaaa..he8 

leehwang95@gmail.com terimakasih Vonny :wink:. Jgn lupa aa..:nono :lol:

• Like 1

Barring any releases this weekend seems like we will definitely be heading into August. I sure hope this next week though. Visas, plane tickets, lodging, do the people at the CSC realize how much planning needs to go into committing to studying in china for foreign students?? @Maruli Tua @MrDuque

Hello guys, I would like to ask something, but firstly my condition is like this: I have applied to two categories for CSC scholarship they are A and B type.

Then, around May, my CSC status for B route (university way) showed: "Returned" status with the information below it: "学生已录取国别双边项目" which literally means: "Student has admitted country bilateral project". I emailed the school and the school only mentioned that I have been enrolled as CSC bilateral program student, admission document will be sent by CSC. On the other hand, my CSC status for A route (Embassy way) is still "In Progress"; however, I can now bind my account in the school information system website. Does this mean that I have failed the B route and enrolled as A route (while I still have not received any info from A route - the embassy)? Please help me _/  \_别双边项目录取国别双边项目son:学生已录取国别双边项目

@Nhq0117 I think they really realize it. Possibly the result will come out as late as possible 1st week on August n take the JW201 to the embassy in the 2nd week n doing visa at the same day. We have to realize too if the CSC people check the applications from many countries n more than 200 designed universities so they do need a long times to do that. If it is until 1st week we don't get information from universities (if apply type B), it may be mean we don't get the scholarship. If we apply for type A, the result will be informed by email. If you don't get an email from embassy you don't get the scholarship. In a case, may be the embassy do wrong writing your email so that embassy's email doesn't come to yours. You may be ask your friends from same country who apply for type A too if your email are there or not. Hope it can help you. :D

• Like 1

@VL02 I hope so... positively thinking, my current status on the Univ website is: "have entered school". But, I am not so sure that this 100% guarantees me getting the scholarship. Like it or not I must wait for the embassy of my country regarding the final result. Thank you :)

• Like 1

@Melvin it means you get the scholarship. You may be put at your 1st, 2nd, or 3rd chosen university or other university. Have your embassy publish the result of CGS? If yes, you should get an email from embassy. If not, just wait the result come out from embassy. Maybe you can call the embassy asking when the result will come out. Hope it will help you.

• Like 1