Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship 2018

pan.kasper
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

4 hours ago, KittyMomo said:

Anyone who knows more about this?

Is it a true, or just a rumour?

The majority of people who got to stage 4 last year were offered the scholarship. Getting to stage 4 does not mean you will definitely get the scholarship :wink:

6 minutes ago, 芒果乾 said:

@m.lee I think you should contact Fudan and find out what is going on. Their deadline was 20 May so they should have reviewed applications by now.

Stupid question but how is everyone finding the email addresses for contacting their Chinese universities about the scholarship? I can't even navigate their websites because my Chinese level isn't good enough ?

1 hour ago, m.lee said:

how is everyone finding the email addresses for contacting their Chinese universities about the scholarship? 

when u open the website you find "host institutions" , press it and then find your university and click it , their phone numbers and email addresses will appear. 

IMG_20180524_180158.png

• Helpful 1

18 minutes ago, 妍卉 said:

when u open the website you find "host institutions" , press it and then find your university and click it , their phone numbers and email addresses will appear

Oh my god how did I not see that??! Thank you so much!!!

Hello guys!

This is my first time ever applying to a CI scholarship and I just want some insight to try and put my mind at ease haha

I applied yesterday to one semester scholarship in Chinese Language and reached stage 3 today (283hsk3/77hskk).

I applied to BLCU and BFSU and checked both universities deadlines. 

Some people have been saying that I’m already applying late and that choosing Beijing it’s basically a dead end since they have probably filled their quota already..

Is there any truth to this? 

Btw how much of a deal breaker is the essay? Although I said everything I had to, I barely reached 400 characters. 

Thank you and best of luck ??☺️

Anyone else getting this error each time trying to access the cis.chinese site? 验证码超时!.  No matter how many times I refresh and rewrite the verification code, I get the same error and I can't access anymore...

Also for the ones asking if it's too late, mi CI is still accepting applications for scholarship, I'm just on the first step and we still have a week to complete the forms. And last year was the same.I think the real dead end is mid- june

• Good question! 1

3 hours ago, 地球人 said:

Anyone else getting this error each time trying to access the cis.chinese site? 验证码超时!.  No matter how many times I refresh and rewrite the verification code, I get the same error and I can't access anymore...

I get this error on Internet Explorer (desktop, Windows 7), I refresh it once and can log in. On browsers such as Chrome on a phone or tablet, you have to tick "desktop site" from the drop down menu to enable the desktop version in order to log in.

@CatarinaRogado All universities have their individual deadlines. You need to find out when they are.

9 hours ago, 地球人 said:

I use Chrome and get this on occasion too. If you haven't already, try clicking "看不清" to the right of the code so it refreshes just the code and not the entire page, then use that to log in. That usually works for me.

I've received a reply from Fudan who said my application was automatically transferred because it exceeded Hanban's allotted time to check over applications which is really annoying. He didn't even tell me to ask to get my application sent back, just said good luck with my second choice. I'm gonna email Nanjing and ask them if they can get my application sent back, hopefully they can. Those who have asked to get it sent back to their first choice, did you tell your first choice that you was going to resend it? And have they definitely received it? I just don't want the same thing to happen again.

@m.lee Does it say 超过时限 on the website?

The same thing happened to me and when I emailed the first choice they only apologized and told me they can't do anything about it, meaning that they can't ask for the application back. 

So I asked my second choice to send it back and they did, right after I was enrolled by my first choice. 

Hanban is responsible for sending you back to your first choice, so if you email the university they will contact Hanban, you can do that by your own but I knew my university was quick to answering emails so I just emailed them. 

@Aya G. Yeah it does. I didn't even get an apology from the first choice. I wish I waited for your comment before I sent my email to my second choice because the woman who replied has taken it really badly and said if I'm giving up applying for Nanjing then they'll disqualify me and withdraw my offer. It doesn't make a difference anyway because my foreign exchange director wouldn't let me change to Nanjing even if I wanted to, but now I just feel bad because they've taken it as an insult and I don't even know if they'll send my application back because she didn't even reply to that part of the message ? 

@m.lee wow I'm sorry that they responded that way, did you tell them it's because of the time limit?

It's not your fault that the university wasn't notified of this new regulation, they should be more understanding.. 

Anyway did you check the 查看? If they sent Hanban a request you'll be getting a notification. 

If they didn't then just contact Hanban. 

I hope everything goes well with you. 

@Aya G. Yeah I explained that because of the time limit they didn't even get a chance to review it and asked if they could send it back. After my reply I checked the 查看 and it says 该生自动放弃奖学金申请,我校作不录取处理. It's also reached stage 4 now which says 未录取, so I'm guessing Nanjing have updated it on the system but it doesn't say application sent back to first choice, so I'm wondering if they just put that I withdrew my application and didn't bother sending it back. Thanks, do you think I should wait until tomorrow and see if anything changes before I contact Hanban or should I do it now in case there's some kind of misunderstanding?

@Aya G. I've just emailed hanban, this has become so messed up now, I don't understand why Nanjing are being so difficult about it! I don't think I'll get a reply until at least tomorrow because it's already night time in China. Hopefully it can get sorted but I'm starting to wish I never even applied, I can't even concentrate on revising for exams because this is stressing me so much

@BJ If you're back to stage 3 then that means you can apply for other universities right?

I think that message means that the university filled their quota for a one year scholarship, but it wasn't hanban decision, does it show on 查看 who's decision it is?

Also are you sure that the one semester needs hskk?