Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2010

extrapages

If you've already passed in the documents then I doubt there is anything you can do. Try not to worry. If its any consolation, my GPA was pretty much the same thanks to a couple of legitimate low marks (no F's, but low enough to bring it down), and my university degree is still in progress so I don't have a degree like you. I won't be graduating until after I return from China and complete another year at home. Then again, I was applying for language study, not a bachelors, so maybe your requirements are more stringent.

If you have decent letters of recommendation and your transcript is mostly A's with a few lower marks mixed in, I'm sure you've got a chance.

Just keep your fingers crossed... and if you happen to not get it for whatever reason, it means you can have the errors fixed in time for next years application. Its not ideal, and i hope you do get it this year, but you do at least have that backup.

@crisgee

I did. I still coudn't contact CHED until now though. Still trying =)

---

I called Ms. Cora and she told me they're not in charge of it and referred me to Ms. Zhang and apparently, Ms. Zhang isn't around. Oh well

Any updates from Weirdo or anybody applying from the Philippines? As long as you get a hold of Ms. Zhang everything else will fall into place. I'm sure she'll point back to CHED. Once you get her word i.e. that CHED should be the one receiving the applications you have the power to make CHED comply. I mean, their job is so simple. They just have to receive, put a stamp on your docs, record, and pass it on to the Chinese Embassy. I don't think they have to do any additional paperwork or screening at all. They are nice people, but it's just the system that's slowing things down. You have to follow up, and talk with people, and ask and ask and tell everybody that everybody else said, etc. I even called BLCU and the CSC and relay what they said to the embassy and CHED. It's very mafan but that's the nature of bureaucracy, and for me this was the hardest part about applying for this scholarship.

Keep on calling the cultural section of the embassy 8108597.

Also, i found out through a reliable source that the agency code for the Philippines is 6081. You need that online application to make things work!

I hope you can still rush it for this last week! Good luck!

thanks for the respond moogle.... helped me not 2 worry that much cause atleast i graduated and yes i got A's B's and C for the lowest to my core areas in wanting to study so hopefully that will help...just the F's were in religious toughts and music appreciation... after doing them over i got B's, cause they're simple courses. but just that i attemped them over resulting in the lower GPA cause they wer 3 credits courses....

however i got my two recommendation letters from 1 of my college lecturer and dean of a dept.. so i know that gd there....

so yes fingers crossed... if not ill keep trying at it cause am desperate in furtherin my ed.. u have a good day its ( thursday..11:50am here.. hope we chat again my friend

SHEM1,

we dont know anything about what gets people accepted and what doesnt. we dont know what is really important for the application and what is. if you feel strongly enough, you can write to them a personal statement explaining the situation on your transcript.

Hi Everyone...

This is me again, finally i had submitted my application..Yeah i got a little bit hopeless, because the Chinese embassy in Indonesia seems so secured. We just allowed put the application to the guardian outside. Nevertheless i really stick to the rule while did my application, thank you so much extrapages, m000gle, my Indonesian friends Royda amazingly we met on this thread :D. For all CSC 2010 submitters, wish u luck and wish i am...

• Like 1

Hello...I am from Romania an I applied for a scholarship in February at the Northwest University from Lanzhou..and if somebody know when the i will receive an answer from there..and i if somebody is already there maybe can give some information about the university town or other useful information..Thx :)

Great forum guys!!! Really enjoyed all the info/worries (completely natural) of the CSC applicants...

I'm in a bit of a pickle here - so I applied for CSC scholarship last December (Sydney Uni here as well shout out to ricardo) but I applied for any Master 2-yr course. So far have NO IDEA if I received this, given that the Mr Yu is completely clueless re the selection process and outcome.

Barring that, I applied for a Master degree for 2 yrs at Tsinghua and just received notifciation that I got accepted starting this September.

My question is, how do I reconcile the CSC scholarship (I do not think they know I've been accepted into Tsinghua individually) with the Master degree I got accepted into? Again the opaqueness of the selection process is quite frustrating!!!!

Any comments/advice welcomed!!!

Great forum guys!!! Really enjoyed all the info/worries (completely natural) of the CSC applicants...

I'm in a bit of a pickle here - so I applied for CSC scholarship last December (Sydney Uni here as well shout out to ricardo) but I applied for any Master 2-yr course. So far have NO IDEA if I received this, given that the Mr Yu is completely clueless re the selection process and outcome.

Barring that, I applied for a Master degree for 2 yrs at Tsinghua and just received notifciation that I got accepted starting this September.

My question is, how do I reconcile the CSC scholarship (I do not think they know I've been accepted into Tsinghua individually) with the Master degree I got accepted into? Again the opaqueness of the selection process is quite frustrating!!!!

Any comments/advice welcomed!!!

Hi Jenmia,

Maybe you should call CSC/the Chinese consulate in Sydney to let them know you were accepted by Tsinghua (I'm assuming Tsinghua was on the list of unis in your CSC application)? CSC's contact number for inquiries from Australia is (+86)-10-66093927.

It shouldn't affect the selection process for the scholarship.

I'm in the same boat with you on the not knowing part. I was nominated last December, but still haven't heard from CSC/the Chinese embassy in London.

Thanks Brandon263!

I will chase up but from previous conversations with the Education Consulate-General he sounds as confused as I do re my situation, but persistance will win the day! (I hope).

So you are in the same boat? Looks like to me CSC scholarship issue is a global issue - so what course have you been accepted into? Tsinghua too?

I think this answers the question on whether the online appication thing actually makes a difference

Any updates on the value of the online application? Just pulled up my online application and found:

Application form has been already submitted.

That is from the last page when I just tried to re-submit it, so I'll take a wild guess and say it's submitted.

Hey everyone. I have been following this thread closely and wanted to thank everyone for all of their insights and help. I am graduating from a US college this spring and have submitted all of the paperwork for the 2 year language program in Beijing at BLCU, Peking and BNU. I just wanted to respond about the online application for whatever its worth...about 2 weeks ago the note at the top had said application submitted but about 5 days ago changed to Application form has been already recovered. Does anyone else have this msg?

about 2 weeks ago the note at the top had said application submitted but about 5 days ago changed to Application form has been already recovered. Does anyone else have this msg?

wstanto12 is offline Report Post

When I pulled up my online application yesterday it also read "Application form as been already recovered." I didn't know if this meant it was sent or not, so I went through the process again. That is when I got the message that my application has already been sent. I'm thinking that it just means you opened it again (or recovered). Yet, if that exact same spot read application submitted a few days ago, it may very well mean they are using it.

Quick question!

I have already submitted my apps a while ago. However, I want to know if (knock on wood) I get accepted, do I need to use it right away for the Fall 2010 semester or can I wait until Spring 2011 or even later to start ?

Common sense tells me know, but I want to confirm with somebody who knows the answer.

Thank you all!

it has to be used for the time that is stated on the scholarship. if your deadline was dec, then its spring semester. if it was for the one that just closed, it will be for fall. its like the school options, you dont have a choice.

Hi folks,

okay, this one is urgent.

1) I prepared all the documents needed for the application in February, but didn't send them. Is it still possible keep within the deadline, if the documents haven't reached CSC by now?

2) I couldn't find out the agency number of Sichuan Daxue. Any help appreciated very much.

ziphi

My online application just got the status "The application form is currently checking."

Just wondering if anyone got any idea on how long it takes from getting "The application form is currently checking." to the actual decision and how/if I'll be notified through the laihua webpage.

@Xauner

My application still says "The application form is currently checking," even though the consulate notified me of my acceptance in February. It changed to this status a week or two after I submitted my forms, so it may mean that they're been received by the CSC or it may mean nothing at all.

It doesn't hurt to check back each week or so, to see if it does change, but don't be surprised/upset if it doesn't. It is more likely that you will be contacted directly, via email/phone/etc, by the consulate you applied through.

@Jenmia

Congratulations! Nice to see someone else here from USYD too!

I'm in the same boat as you. I applied directly to Beihang (and have been accepted) which was my first preference on the CSC application but still haven't got a clue about whether I've been accepted for CSC (and subsequently where CSC will send me if accepted).

I assume the Mr Yu you've been in touch with is Education Consul Yu at the office at ANZAC Parade, Kensington? He's the only contact I have (the embassy in Canberra put me through to someone else in the Kensington education office, who in turn referred me to Consul Yu).

My understanding from reading posts on this forum from previous years is that the CSC office in Beijing will decide whether want to give you a scholarship. If they decide to give you a scholarship, they'll then decide where they want to send you to study and apply to the university for admission on your behalf. Since you've applied yourself, that means you'll end up with offers for two different courses (one with the scholarship attached which arose from the CSC's application and the other non-scholarship offer arising from your own application). If you're lucky, the offer you get from CSC will be for the same course as you applied for (therefore you can ditch your own offer and take the CSC one for the same course). Otherwise you'll have to choose between the course CSC offer you and the one you applied for yourself.

My point is... it would seem there is no way of aligning your current admission offer with your potential CSC offer (other than by specifying it as your first preference on your CSC application form). That said, I'd mail a copy of your Tsinghua admission letter and a letter explaining what's going on to the CSC head office in Beijing ASAP (perhaps Consul Yu could give you the name a person to forward it to there... whoever he sent the applications to maybe). Chances are that that letter will disappear into the ether but certainly worth trying.

Edited by ricardo