Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2011

Brian US

Note when doing this that Chinese does not recognise dual citizenship

Bit of a misunderstanding here. China does not recognise dual citizenship for its own citizens - ie, if you are a Chinese national, that's all you can be as far as the Chinese government is concerned. If you obtain French citizenship, you're deemed to have given up your Chinese nationality.

But it can't 'not recognize' anyone else's dual citizenship. For practical purposes you're going to need to stick to one passport though, as all your documents will use only one, and you'll only have your visa in one passport.

The only disadvantage I can see in this case is that if you get jailed you may have to rely on the Mexican consul for assistance rather than the US one, but presumably that isn't part of your plans.

• Like 1

@vkim67

thanks! i didn't think of googling way.. hahaha~

@Helios

yes i know.. but the problem is that people who want to reccomend me doesn't know how to write, she asked me to write it by my self, so she just have to sign it.

Helios,

Okay - Cheers for that. I was also surprised that the Chinese Embassy in London refused to accept an application privately but it is the only response that I have had from them. I thought that they were obliged to accept such applications but it appears not. If anyone reading this has any other contact details for the said embassy then they would be much appreciated. Otherwise I will continue looking for ways around this.

For Tianjin42

I'll send you the EU contact, but I do find it strange the response you received from the UK embassy. It may be true that the quota for scholarships in the UK has been given solely to universities and Confucius Institute affiliates. Like Helios said, this information may change depending on who you talk to so it might not hurt sending your application in anyways or calling. Yet, try the EU contact as there is still time and keep us updated.

does anyone know when is the deadline for this scholarship in indonesia? i just called chinese embassy in jakarta this morning, and someone over there on the phone told me that i should call back in 2 more months.. wohooww~~ that's very long.. because i read somewhere in one of the university i think, the deadline for the CSC is on january 15th.. so what should i do? i don't want to miss this chance~

Hi all,

I have had a somewhat 'interesting' conversation with the Chinese Embassy in Australia - of course none of the interesting conversation contained the information I was after - but for sharing purposes here it is:

This is what I sent to them - straight forward, and too the point I felt:

I would like to apply for the CSC scholarship for the 2011-2012 school year, can you please forward me the following information:

Address to which I send the application (and relevant documents).

Deadline for the application.

To which I got this:

The allication should go through the school systems. Please let me more about your backgroud before I can offer you more information.

learn more about it at http://en.csc.edu.cn/

Since I was quite surprised - I expressed such in my reply:

I have been to that website. My understanding is that the forms need to be sent the the Chinese embassy in my home country (Australia) - other websites (as does the link you supplied) confirm this - the school I would most like to attend also confirms this.

- Dispatching authorities for Chinese Government Scholarship Program are as follows:

Embassies (Consulate-General) of P. R. China in sending countries

The school in question Nanjing University does not except applications for the scholarship (they take CSC students, just they are not authorised to take applications) - they told me to contact the embassy in my country to apply.

I am currently in China - I have sent the forms to my parents in Australia to forward - what I lack is the required address or due date - the website (http://en.csc.edu.cn/) does not contain these details.

To which I got this:

The CSC Chinese Movement Scholarship has to be applied online, it is not open for applications yet.

I need your schooling information and education background to determine whether you are eligible.

Now I am aware there is the online form - and I intend to do it - but as to where to send the stamped 'official' copies of documents (as required) - I have no idea - I have not received a reply since, so I'm truly in the dark as to when (if) there is a deadline, and where to sent the forms/documents....

Troy

@meipie

The January 15th deadline you saw at an university may be earlier because they have to forward it to the CSC anyway. Doesn't hurt to send in your application early. I sent mine over two months before the actual deadline.

why this year scholarship didn't seems as vibrant as the last 2years??

Are you wondering why there aren't more replies on this thread? Keep in mind that most applicants will have an April 30th deadline and won't start the process for several more months. There are also many guests that use this information without posting.

" does anyone here already get a scholar under chinese language student?? care to share??

Did you have a specific question about language student scholarships or just want others to join the thread?

@thewamphyri

Fill out the online application the best you can and still send your hard copy application to the Chinese embassy to cover your bases. There is a good chance the person you are in contact with doesn't know what they are talking about and/or doesn't feel like going through applications this early in the process.

Just looked up the deadline again for Australia and it looks to be at the end of this month at the earliest. Get your application out as soon as possible.

Hi,

Just looked up the deadline again for Australia and it looks to be at the end of this month at the earliest. Get your application out as soon as possible.

I was going with this plan anyway (just do the online and post anyhow) - but afraid they will 'lose' it.

Can you show me where you found the deadline? I have not seen one other then the beginning of this thread.

Troy

@Brian US

Doesn't hurt to send in your application early. I sent mine over two months before the actual deadline.

I do want to send the application early, but i made a phonecall yesterday just want to ask, where to send and who is the person in charge.. i don't want to send my personal data to nowhere inside that big embassy.. so how's your way? did you call first to ask which section to send your application?

Did you have a specific question about language student scholarships or just want others to join the thread?

no! honestly, i ask that question because i want to know.. as i read, everyone who got the scholarship they're all in master degree scholarship.. and i'm confused, because there's so many scholarship type and what's make the different is only the age.. and as i seen in the web, there's no scholar for chinese language student, but there is for training teachers. that's for teachers and i'm not a teacher.. so if i just want to learn chinese language for about 2years, what kind of scholar do you suggest? and how about you? what scholar do you got? master degree? where?

Meipie,

I'm a Chinese language scholarship student. This is my 2nd year. I applied twice. Succeeded twice. I did the same thing for both times except that i updated my health exam and study plan. I worked very closely with my embassy too. I'm from the Philippines by the way. If you want to learn more about my experience you can read the old CSC 2010 and CSC 2009 threads.

And this sem i have a classmate from Indonesia who's a scholarship student. I'll ask her if she's willing participate here and correspond with you.

Can you show me where you found the deadline? I have not seen one other then the beginning of this thread.

There was a member last year or the year before that posted a few different deadlines for Australia. I just went with the earliest to be safe. Only from the CSC website can we confirm American and European deadlines. We must rely on other members to fill in for their respected countries.

did you call first to ask which section to send your application?

I had the contact information for the US embassy, but I also did a follow up call and e-mail. It took a few days after the confirmed delivery to actually reach their desk. I was told it was a different part of the embassy, so as long as it is labeled properly it should reach the right department. Not sure how the mail system in Indonesia works, but I made sure to pay for all the extra tracking and delivery confirmations for sending mail.

everyone who got the scholarship they're all in master degree scholarship

I think this has more to do with us long term students sticking around. Many one year language students come and leave without further updates.

so if i just want to learn chinese language for about 2years, what kind of scholar do you suggest? and how about you? what scholar do you got? master degree? where?

You will select Chinese Language Student for a two year program. I applied for the Master's Degree Candidate with two years of language study prior to starting the master's. They only gave me one year language study before starting my master's. I asked to be sent to Tsinghua, Beijing Univ, and Renmin University. They sent me to Renmin University.

If I get around to it, I might just upload a copy of my application for reference.

• Like 1

@crisgee

thanks for replying! which university do you enter? on the application did you fill the 3 institution, or you just fill it one? a friend of mine who got this scholar last year said, just fill one institution.. does it works to make possibility to got this scholar bigger?

And this sem i have a classmate from Indonesia who's a scholarship student. I'll ask her if she's willing participate here and correspond with you.

thanks! i really appriciate it if you would do that for me.. :D

If you want to learn more about my experience you can read the old CSC 2010 and CSC 2009 threads.

i'm reading it now, it's a lot pages.. :roll:

@Brian US

so as long as it is labeled properly it should reach the right department.

where to, do you labeled it? is it 'china-us educational exchange office' or 'chinese diplomatic mission'?

If I get around to it, I might just upload a copy of my application for reference.

what do you mean?

where to, do you labeled it? is it 'china-us educational exchange office' or 'chinese diplomatic mission'?

I just had the name to the D.C. contact, so I put her name and the address to the Chinese embassy in D.C.

My application would be an example for those still confused with how to fill out the application.

Hi all thanks for all of the advice. I wanted to pose a question. I read a document from a couple of years ago stated that current students at Chinese universities are unable to apply for the Government Scholarship. Unfortunately, I am unable to find that document right now. Do any of you know if this true for the current year? If so, could you refer me to an official document that states that this is or is not a requirement. By the way, I know it is not stated here, but I want to make sure about this before I sign up for some language courses at a university for next semester, especially because the aforementioned document is from 2009.

I am interested in applying to do a Master's in Ethnoecology at Yunnan University next year, that is, after I have taken a year of language courses to get my language up to necessary speed.

I appreciate the feedback.

I read a document from a couple of years ago stated that current students at Chinese universities are unable to apply for the Government Scholarship. Unfortunately, I am unable to find that document right now. Do any of you know if this true for the current year?

Not true, people currently in China and/or enrolled in a Chinese school may still apply for the scholarship. I was enrolled in a Chinese university when I applied and was accepted.

Hi,

What does this mean on the online application form?

Step 2:Please note that the “AGENCY NO.” is one of the most crucial part of your online application. It is listed in the first blank under the “PERSONAL DATA”. Please make sure that you fill it in correctly otherwise you will not be able to continue your online application.

Anyone?

"AGENCY NO" is the agency number and the identification code for a university. Last year Gibbs went through and found most of them for their respected schools.

10006 - Beihang Univ. (BUAA)
10007 - Beijing Institute of Technology
10008 - Univ. of Science and Technology Beijing
10010 - Beijing Univ. of Chemical Tech.
10013 - Beijing Univ. of Posts and Telecommunications
10019 - China Agricultural Univ (CAU)
10022 - Beijing Forestry Univ.
10026 - Beijing University of Chinese Medicine
10027 - Beijing Normal Univ.
10028 - Capital Normal Univ.
10029 - Capital Institute of Physical Educations
10030 - Beijing Foreign Studies University
10031 - Beijing International Studies Univ.
10032 - Beijing Language and Culture Univ.
10034 - Central Univ. of Finance and Economics
10036 - Univ. of International Business and Economics
10038 - Capital Univ. of Business and Economics
10040 - China Foreign Affairs Univ.
10043 - Beijing Sport University
10045 - Central Conservatory of Music
10047 - Central Academy of Fine Arts
10048 - The Central Academy of Drama
10050 - Beijing Film Academy
10052 - Central University For Nationalities
10053 - China University of Political Science and Law
10054 - North China Electric Power University
10055 - Nankai University
10056 - Tianjin Univ.
10057 - Tianjin Univ. of Science and Technology
10062 - Tianjin Medical University
10063 - Tianjin Univ. of Traditional Chinese Medicine
10065 - Tianjin Normal Univ
10066 - Tianjin Univ. of Technology and Education
10068 - Tianjin Foreign Studies Univ. (TFSU)
10140 - Liaoning University
10141 - Dalian Univ. of Technology
10145 - Northeastern University
10151 - Dalian Maritime Univ.
10159 - China Medical University
10161 - Dalian Medical University
10165 - Liaoning Normal University
10166 - Shenyang Normal University
10172 - Dalian Univ. of Foreign Languages
10173 - Dongbei Univ of Finance and Economics
10183 - Jilin University
10184 - Yanbian Univeristy
10186 - Changchun Univ. of Science and Technology
10200 - Northeast Normal Univ.
10201 - Beihua Univ.
10203 - Jilin Normal Univ.
10210 - Heilongjiang Univ.
10213 - Harbin Institute of Technology
10217 - Harbin Engineering Univ.
10222 - Jiamusi University
10224 - Northeast Agriculture Univ.
10231 - Harbin Normal University
10246 - Fudan Univ.
10247 - Tongji Univ.
10248 - Shanghai Jiao Tong Univ.
10251 - East China Univ. of Science and Technology
10252 - Univ. of Shanghai for Science and Tech.
10255 - Donghua Univ.
10268 - Shanghai Univ. of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
10269 - East China Normal University
10270 - Shanghai Normal Univ.
10271 - Shanghai International Studies Univ.
10272 - Shanghai Univ. of Finance and Economics (SUFE)
10277 - Shanghai Univ. of Sport
10278 - Shanghai Conservatory of Music
10280 - Shanghai University
10284 - Nanjing Univ.
10285 - Soochow Univ.
10286 - Southeast University
10287 - Nanjing Univ. of Aeronautics and Astronautics
10288 - Nanjing Univ. of Science and Technology
10290 - China Univ. of Mining and Technology
10294 - Hohai University
10295 - Jiangnan University
10300 - Nanjing Univ. of Information Science and Tech.
10307 - Nanjing Agricultural University
10315 - Nanjing Univ of Chinese Medicine
10335 - Zhejiang University
10337 - Zhejiang Univ of Technology
10338 - Zhejiang Sci-Tech Univ.
10345 - Zhejiang Normal Univ.
10355 - China Academy of Art
10357 - Anhui University
10358 - Univ. of Science and Technology of China (USTC)
10359 - Hefei Univ. of Technology
10370 - Anhui Normal Univ.
10384 - Xiamen Univ.
10403 - Nanchang Univ.
10408 - Jingdezhen Ceramic Institute
10422 - Shandong University
10423 - Ocean University of China
10445 - Shandong Normal University
10459 - Zhengzhou University
10486 - Wuhan University
10487 - Huazhong Univ of Science and Tech
10491 - China Univ. of Geosciences (Wuhan)
10497 - Wuhan Univ. of Technology
10504 - Huazhong Agricultural Univ.
10511 - Huazhong Normal University
10520 - Zhongnan Univ. of Economics and Law
10560 - Shantou University

0081 - Embassy of P.R. China in Albania
0121 - Embassy of P.R. China in Algeria
0241 - Embassy of P.R. China in Angola
0281 - Embassy of P.R. China in Antigua and Barbuda
0311 - Embassy of P.R. China in Azerbaijan
0321 - Embassy of Argentina in P.R. China
0361 - Consulate - General of P.R. China in Sydney
0401 - Embassy of P.R. China in Austria
0441 - Embassy of P.R. China in Bahamas
0481 - Embassy of Bahrain in P.R. China
1041 - Embassy of P.R. China in Myanmar
1081 - Embassy of P.R. China in Burundi
1121 - Embassy of P.R. China in Byelorussia
1321 - Embassy of P.R. China in Cape Verde
1401 - Embassy of P.R. China in Central Africa
1441 - Embassy of P.R. China in Sri Lanka
1481 - Embassy of P.R. China in Chad
1521 - Embassy of P.R. China in Chile
1701 - Embassy of P.R. China in Colombia
1741 - Embassy of P.R. China in Comores
1781 - Embassy of P.R. China in the Republic of Congo
1801 - Embassy of P.R. China in the Democratic Republic of Congo
1881 - Embassy of P.R. China in Costa Rica
1911 - Embassy of P.R. China in Croatia
1921 - Embassy of Cuba in P.R. China
1961 - Embassy of P.R. China in Cyprus
2031 - Embassy of P.R. China in Czech
2041 - Embassy of P.R. China in Benin
2081 - Embassy of P.R China in Denmark
2121 - Embassy of P.R. China in Dominica
2141 - Office of Development Commercial of P.R. China in Dominicana
2181 - Embassy of P.R. China in Ecuador
2261 - Embassy of P.R. China in Equatorial Guinea
2301 - Embassy of P.R. China in Ethiopia
2321 - Embassy of P.R. China in Eritrea
2331 - Embassy of P.R. China in Esthonia
2421 - Embassy of P.R. China in Fiji Islands
2461 - Embassy of P.R. China in Finland

8041 - Embassy of P.R. China in Ukraine
8071 - Embassy of P.R. China in Macedonia
8081 - Embassy of P.R. China in Egypt
8261 - Embassy of P.R. China in United Kingdom **Hope this helps all my UK friends :-)
8341 - Embassy of P.R. China in Tanzania
8401 - Embassy of P.R. China in U.S.A.
8581 - Embassy of P.R. China in Uruguay
8601 - Embassy of P.R. China in Uzbekistan
8621 - Embassy of P.R. China in Venezuela