Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2012

Brian US

@angeia

Yes, it depends on the school. My school notified me OFFICIALLY the beginning of June and sent out the paperwork that day. I got the paperwork from them within two weeks.

However, I know some schools have yet to announce while other schools have only announced the first batch so far. Did you apply for post grad scholarship or just language study? Get in touch with the school you applied to (if you did) and ask them. If only through CSC itself... good luck =)

Xiamen University second batch results

http://admissions.xm...=en&news_id=218

• New Members
Thekinglebronxjames

Does anyone has some informations about the result of scholarship for undergraduate students? I apply for it but until today I have any informations about it. I 'am still waiting, but now i think I can't wait again. I am so confused.

@ tamir

Thanks for suggestion. I already posted a topic on Dalian forum.

From whatever information I gathered, its evident that universities

ranked on the list are science and engineering school and comprehensive universities.And, DUFE, a business school, focuses only on business, so, its scale can't beat comprehensive university's scale that focuses on all subjects... that is why its ranking is low in overall university scale.. but in business education it is amongst top 3...

:-?

:roll:

• New Members

1) What is your native country? Belgium

2) Where did you apply? Embassy P.R. of China, Brussels - Education Department

3) When did you apply? April 6, 2012

4) When was the deadline? April 10, 2012

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this was my first time.

6) What program did you apply for? Chinese Language Student

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Zhejiang University

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? The one from the Embassy

10) Where did you get your physical done? Basic health checks at the regular doctor, the X-rays and blood test at the hospital in Bruge, all together this has costed me maybe 10 euros. (Belgian health care is amazing!)

11) How did you get your documents notarized? Took a photocopy of my diploma and got the photocopy stamped at school.

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? No idea, is this the one on the Student Visa application?

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I was accepted for the scholarship starting September2012.

14) How were you notified? First by e-mail from my embassy and then by receiving the actual papers at home.

15) When were you accepted/rejected? Accepted July 3rd, 2012

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Zhejiang University, General Scholar in Marketing thaught in Chinese.

My embassy told me it is still possibe for other people to hear good news till the end of July, after that there probably won't be any updates, that's what they told me.

Has anyone ever been at Zhejiang University? As I applied to be a Chinese Language student but i seem to be accepted as a general scholar (which is defined as someone who's not pursuing a Master or Bachelor degree) in Marketing thaught in Chinese, but I don't know any Chinese, just a little bit from a 6 month class that I took here in Belgium, which is not enough to actually understand any of the classes. Does anyone know if I will be able to just take the Chinese Language and culture classes once I'm there?

Thank you everyone for this forum as it has been helpful to read your updates during the whole waiting process! :-)

1) What is your native country? Malaysia

2) Where did you apply? Asean University Network Secreteriat

3) When did you apply? end of March 2012

4) When was the deadline? 12 April 2012

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this was my first time.

6) What program did you apply for? Master of Linguistics and Applied Linguistics

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1.Peking University 2.Tsinghua University 3.Fudan University

9) What agency number did you use? AUN

10) Where did you get your physical done? Tung Shin Hospital, Kuala Lumpur

11) How did you get your documents notarized? At notary office.

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps?

Still waiting for results. Nervous.

1) What is your native country? Belgium/The Netherlands

2) Where did you apply? Embassy P.R. of China, Brussels - Education Department

3) When did you apply? 6th of April 2012

4) When was the deadline? 10th of April 2012

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No

6) What program did you apply for? Chinese Language Student with major Marketing

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Zhejiang University of Technology, 2. Zhejiang University, 3. Zhejiang Sci-Tech University

9) What agency number did you use? Embassy number

10) Where did you get your physical done? In hospital of my living town Leuven. Here I took the physical tests, took a blood sample and did the chest X-ray.

11) How did you get your documents notarized? Notarized some documents at the city hall and diploma's at my school.

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? None

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I was accepted for the Chinese language program with major Marketing September 2012.

14) How were you notified? Contact person at the Chinese Embassy in Brussels notified me by e-mail and got papers sent over a few days later.

15) When were you accepted/rejected? I was accepted 26th of June and got papers 9th of July

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Zhejiang University of Technology for the 1 year Chinese language program with major Marketing.

@ OlivierB: Congratualations with the scholarship, excellent stuff! I will also follow the marketing major and from what I understand it will be taught in English (so Chinese language isn't needed). Obviously, if you take the Chinese language program with your experience of 6 months, you will probably start at level 1 (or maybe level 2) in Zhejiang University. No worries, you can always change class if you notice it is too easy or too hard in the chosen class.

I have a question for you though. My girlfriend also applied for Zhejiang University and also got accepted, yet the papers haven't arrived yet. Could you please tell me what the papers said about when to apply at the university, as in 'wanneer aan te melden'? Normally you have about 3 days to do so. Could you tell me? Then we know when to go to China, since my applyingdate will be different.

@OlivierB

A friend of mine had applied to language studies (as I did), but was accepted to "Chinese Literature" or something. Anyway, the guy from the Chinese embassy told her that she can talk with the university and change the program to Chinese studies when she arrives to China. So maybe you can do the same?

@Sal

Have you decided what to do?

• New Members

@ tamir302

Thank you, that's excellent news :-) So, I'll probably be able to change it once I arrive at the university.

Or can I do the Marketing Major in English and take Chinese language classes at the same time? I guess it'll all be cleared out once we arrive at our universities :-)

@WeazelEratzky

Congratulations to you and your girlfriend!!! :-)

In regards to your question:

The admission notice for Zhejiang University says the following: "Please note that you must register with the required documents at the institution of Zhejiang University within the period between: September 3rd 2012 and September 4th 2012."

Does that answer your question? :-)

Could I ask you if you are going to fly to Beijing and use the Beijing Language University Transfer arrangement to go to Hanghzou, or are you flying directly to Hangzhou? (I don't really know what's best.)

Thank for all the information given! :-)

• New Members
Thekinglebronxjames

1) What is your native country? Togo

2) Where did you apply? Embassy of Togo in Beijing china

3) When did you apply? End of March 2012

4) When was the deadline? End of April 2012

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No

6) What program did you apply for? Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Chongqing University, 2. South China University of Technology, 3. Wuhan University

9) What agency number did you use? Number of Togo's embassy in china (I ‘am already in china)

10) Where did you get your physical done? In Inner Mongolia immigration hospital (china)

11) How did you get your documents notarized? Office of translation documents in my native country

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? None

I’a m still waiting. Did any one has already got the Chinese scholarship for bachelor’s degree this year? can he tell me he applied for which university?

Hi guys!

First of all, congrats to everyone who got the scholarship!! :D

I have a somewhat delicate question but I hope this is the right forum to post it. I was awarded the CSC Scholarship, too, but want to turn it down since I got accepted at another university (higher preference). Is there any chance that someone else could get my spot if I contacted the embassy asap about my decision? If so, do you who I should contact in this matter (embassy, university, ...)? I would feel terrible if I "wasted" a spot, so I'd be great if there was a waiting list where applicants could move up and get my spot or something like that. Unfortunately I haven't heard of such a thing, though ... Also, I was wondering whether it could have negative consequences to turn down the scholarship now if I applied for the CSC Scholarship again for a master's degree in a couple of years?

Does anyone have previous experience with such a situation?

• New Members

Cannot believe replies are not back yet. It is just not right to keep people in limbo this long, especially if they have to find out whether they have to get a job, enroll at another school, etc. i applied the the DC embassy and am still yet to hear back. I received an email saying I would get a response sometime in late June or early July.

That said, I spoke with a gentlemen from the Chinese embassy in America and he is a very polite, courteous individual. Told me there is nothing he can do and that he is waiting to hear back from some people in China.

Tsinghua will tell you the results if you call them.

Also, for any Germans out there. My friend applied to a certain scholarship that he said has less applicants than potential recipients. He said there's like 300 scholarships for German students in a certain program, but less than 200 normally apply so most everyone gets it, including my friend who just won one for a master's at Tsinghua.

@swiffer

I haven't been in that situation before. However, in the confirmation of scholarship e-mail sent to us by the school, it stated to inform the school ASAP if one couldnt make it so that they could give the scholarship to someone else. I'm not sure how long that extends for though.

Congratulations to those who got the scholarship. I can only imagine how that must feel!

I'm still waiting for the scholarship results from Nuffic (in the Netherlands). On their site it says that applicants will receive the results as late as mid July, but it's kinda mid July arleady :S.

Either way, those of us who are are still waiting should not loose hope!

Hello everyone, Hi Brian !

I am granted with Chinese Government Scholarship for this year- MBA program at Zhejiang Normal University. That is all fine, and I'm very happy because competition is huge, many ppl want to go there for study, and even more because I'm from small country in EU where only 4 people are granted with this scholarship. But, my concern is why they put me randomly in Zhejiang Normal Uni. when I already choose 3 other universities, and this is non of those 3.

I saw your introduction post about this , and there you said that " changing university is possible, but that possibility is almost impossible " . After that you mention one case with Canadian guy, who have chance to change the school , obviously with help from Canadian ambassador in China (if I understand you good).

After all, my question is, do you guys have some more information or some other cases when students changed the school without loosing scholarships, and also, if only ambassador is the way (in my case he is friend of my father), is it save, and not risky to lost even this one which I already have?

Thank You in advance !!

So I called CSC in Beijing and asked them a slew of questions, but she told me:

"The announcements from the American embassy should come this week, probably around Wednesday."

I don't know how reliable CSC in Beijing is, but it is mid-July and I think the answers should probably pop around soon...?

• Like 1