Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2012

Brian US

1) What is your native country? Australia

2) Where did you apply? The Consulate in Melbourne, Australia

3) When did you apply? April 31st 2012

4) When was the deadline? April 31st 2012 :shock:

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No

6) What program did you apply for? Two year English-taught masters in Chinese Classics at Renmin University

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? Just Renmin University

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? Renmin University

10) Where did you get your physical done? My usual GP in Melbourne

11) How did you get your documents notarized? Used official transcripts from Melbourne University

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? I dont know

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes, to start September 2012.

14) How were you notified? Phone, by the Chinese Vice-Consul in Melbourne

15) When were you accepted/rejected? Accepted late July 2012

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Renmin University for one year language program and three year master's program in modern history

@effeeali

They've been telling me the same thing, first it was end of july but now they say we might have to wait till start of august. Anxiously waiting. Have you received any emails directly from universities? I also applied to peking, the other two choices were tsinghua and shanghai jiao tong. i havnt received any word from them.

Also @ wwx

I've been accepted into a one year language + 3 year history masters course at Renmin. I too am wondering whether this first year of language study is covered. The admissions letter wasn't particularly clear on that.

@Adil

@effeeali

I am also from Pakistan , but i did'nt applied through IPC , I sent documents to embassy direct In Pakistan , But i did'nt hear any word from any University or Embassy , I am afraid that they don't forward my documents to CSC or any University :(

This scholarship is so frustrating, the third party organisation that pre selected me from my country (early april) havent heard any word from the chinesse embassy, its almost august and we r supposed to be in china the first week of september, they expect that in less than a month, we buy a ticket to china, quit our jobs, cancel all the services you pay in your home country, say good bye to ur friends and family.

Pretty much changing ur whole life in less than a month(so little time for this).

At this point i really dont know what would i do if i get accepted.

Sasha Cesaria Astiadi

Hello!!!!

What is your native country? Indonesia

2) Where did you apply? The Chinese Embassy in Indonesia

3) When did you apply? March 10th 2012

4) When was the deadline? March 15th 2012 I think?

5) Have you applied for the scholarship

before? Never

6) What program did you apply for? Undergraduate program

7) What schools did you put for your

preferences? 1. Peking University 2. Beijing Language & Culture 3. Beijing Jiaotong

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice

beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? The

Chinese Embassy in Indonesia

10) Where did you get your physical done? Local hospital

11) How did you get your documents

notarized? my school notarized them for me for free

12) Where do you get official Chinese red

stamps? Official red stamps? the Embassy did it for me.

PFinally, for those getting results:

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if

you were not then why? I was accepted for the

scholarship starting September 2012.

14) How were you notified? Phonecall from the

Embassy

15) When were you accepted/rejected?

Accepted July 18th 2012

16) What school and program were you

accepted to? Haven't figured it out (the embassy called the accepted students to come to the embassy on july 26th)

I'm so excited and nervous at the same time! I do not know what to expect. And oh, the full scholarship did not cover international travel ticket to china, does it? And I thought the embassy rejected my scholarship application so I was really surprised when they called me today. I haven't known which university I will attend (I'm majoring Chinese Literature) but they told me the college prep will be held @ beijing. So, hello guys! If you happened to be accepted in the same program or if you're studying in beijing now, let's get in touch and be friends :) I'm sasha from Indonesia, btw.

Hi

I send a e-mail to OAS and said me:

"Thank you for your interest in our scholarships.

We have not yet received the results from the Government of China; therefore the date for publishing this information has been moved to late July or early August."

The date was late June or early July.

I think that the system used by CSC is so disordered. We have less of a month for buy ticket, say good-bye, to get a VISA........... be psychologically ready ...

Wohoo! Got an email yesterday saying I got it.

1) What is your native country? U.S.

2) Where did you apply? The Chinese Embassy in Washington D.C.

3) When did you apply? April 2012

4) When was the deadline? Not sure?

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? Yes, I received the scholarship in 2009, but turned it down to pursue other opportunities.

6) What program did you apply for? One year language program.

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Shanghai Jiaotong University 2. Fudan University 3. Tongji University

9) What agency number did you use? 8401--I don't remember what that means.

10) Where did you get your physical done? From my family doctor. NOTE: I did not get the chest x-ray for TB, nor did I get the EKG. My physician simply noted on the form that I have no signs of TB or heart problems.

11) How did you get your documents notarized? From a local shop that does that, passport photos, etc. NOTE: What I had done basically said that the docs I sent to the CSC were true photocopies of the original documents (med form, proof of graduation, etc.), not some other kind of fancy official thing.

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? Uh, what?

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I was accepted for the scholarship starting September 2012.

14) How were you notified? By e-mail

15) When were you accepted/rejected? Accepted July 17 2012

16) What school and program were you accepted to? Not sure yet. They said I'd find out when they sent me my visa forms, etc.

Anyone know if we're actually going to get more than 1400RMB for the stipend? I remember someone mentioned that.

I have been following this forum for a while now, it has provided great info. Thanks to eshton I know i got accepted through the OAS! I'm the only Bolivian on the list.. most are from Caribbean countries. Congratulations to all who have gotten the scholarship and I hope I meet you someday!

• New Members

Hello everyone!

Yesterday I heard back from CSC that I got the scholarship to study at BLCU....but I never picked BLCU. haha. I also applied for the Confucius Institute scholarship to study at Yangzhou University and I got that as well. I think I'm going to study at Yangzhou. I've been studying Chinese for 2 years now and since there will be less english speaking people in Yangzhou I will be force to speak chinese :) Any one on this forum going to Yangzhou University this fall??

Again, congrats to the new winners of the scholarship, quick reminder that this topic is for CSC scholarship discussion only. For specific discussion on schools and their programs, spend some time on this forum and look into the sub-forums for these schools.

Posts about travel to China, school programs, other sholarships or acceptances, and school rankings will be removed.

• New Members

1) What is your native country? U.S.

2) Where did you apply?  The Chinese Embassy in Washington D.C.

3) When did you apply?  Last week of April

4) When was the deadline?  April 30th

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this was my first time.

6) What program did you apply for?  Master's in International Relations

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Tsinghua 2. Peking University 3. Shang

Hai Jiaotong

9) What agency number did you use?  DC

10) Where did you get your physical done?  Beijing (was doing a study abroad in the spring)

11) How did you get your documents notarized? Didn't

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps?  Didn't

Finally, for those getting results:

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why?  I was accepted for the scholarship starting September 2012

14) How were you notified? By e-mail

15) When were you accepted/rejected? July 18th

16) What school and program were you accepted to?  Jilin University

I did not apply to to university I was accepted to or even list it on my preferences. I would like to stay in Shanghai or Beijing if possible. I am from LA and I think Changchun might prove to be a difficult transition. Congrats to everyone! Let me know if you got accepted to Jilin, ttysoon